New Indian stealth warship halted by US bar on GE

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Dear Gokul,

yes this might offset the Project, but will also give a strong single to the US, \"they can delay our projects but cannot stop us from procuring what we want\". & anyways they will lost the money along with the already lost credibility of being a reliable supplier.:vehicle_plane:
True... but, the inevitable fact is that it is delaying our projects. And, China\'s projects for the most part seem to be on track. And, I fear that we will lose the edge... A delayed project in this case is as bad as a failed project if not worse...

Atul

Founding Member
True... but, the inevitable fact is that it is delaying our projects. And, China\'s projects for the most part seem to be on track. And, I fear that we will lose the edge... A delayed project in this case is as bad as a failed project if not worse...
Accepted, but still the Americans have to decide on priorities & friends, they seem to be more inclined in arming the Pakistani Forces, If they want us to counter balance the Chinese, they have to Arm INDIA, Taiwan, Japan & South Korea to keep the Chinese confined to the China Sea & stop them from their global aspirations.:vehicle_plane:

EnlightenedMonk

Accepted, but still the Americans have to decide on priorities & friends, they seem to be more inclined in arming the Pakistani Forces, If they want us to counter balance the Chinese, they have to Arm INDIA, Taiwan, Japan & South Korea to keep the Chinese confined to the China Sea & stop them from their global aspirations.:vehicle_plane:
When Bush was around, the policies seemed to be alright. But with Obama in office the policies are all turned on their head. I\'m concerned that as far as India is concerned, Obama is turning out to be a hypocrite. He talked during his election campaigns about clamping down on Pakistan because they were misusing funds, but now, he wants to fund the same people.

Also, I saw in the news today that the Chinese navy \"harassed\" an American ship in the South China Sea...

I hope this serves as a wake up call to Obama and he realises what he\'s been trying to do...

Atul

Founding Member
When Bush was around, the policies seemed to be alright. But with Obama in office the policies are all turned on their head. I\'m concerned that as far as India is concerned, Obama is turning out to be a hypocrite. He talked during his election campaigns about clamping down on Pakistan because they were misusing funds, but now, he wants to fund the same people.

Also, I saw in the news today that the Chinese navy \"harassed\" an American ship in the South China Sea...

I hope this serves as a wake up call to Obama and he realises what he\'s been trying to do...
Dear Gokul,

Please Go through the below mentioned thread,

India Defence Forum > World Defence Watch > Chinese Defence & Military > Defending India from China

Therein i have stated what is about to happen. :vehicle_plane:

EnlightenedMonk

Dear Gokul,

Please Go through the below mentioned thread,

India Defence Forum > World Defence Watch > Chinese Defence & Military > Defending India from China

Therein i have stated what is about to happen. :vehicle_plane:
Will do that dude... thanks...

ZOOM

Founding Member
General Electric is regarded as a next possible contender for becoming insolvent and soon US will need to bail it out. Under such circumstances, Why US government is interfering in its state of affairs especially when India will open multi billion market for its product. :missyou:

Country flag
Maybe if GE dosen't want yo give us the engine we should rethink how much Nuclear reactor buisness we give them, this may even be part of Obama's plan not to follow thru on the bush nuke deal?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
not to be read too much into it, it is unfathomable that US on one hand will offer cluster munitions, nuke deal, bmds, mmrca, jet engines, space co-op, lpd, aircraft carriers and on the other will hold up 2 turbine engines..

Imo either indian babus messed up, from what i know americans are pretty rigid when it comes to documents and forms or some new young US official of obama administration wanted to prove a point whatever that is (and i hope it is not we will shoot ourselves in the foot that is so unamerican).

Country flag
So far Obama has made nothing but anti Indian moves but i don't want to be biased(yet).

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
So far Obama has made nothing but anti Indian moves but i don't want to be biased(yet).
it is too far to early to be certain about obama's stance.. frankly though from what little i know, i haven't seen him make any anti-india move, as yet ?

Atul

Founding Member
The US is trying to Cozy up with the Chinese, just to prove they are unbiased towards china, they have put the deal on hold, Americans are pure Business Professionals, Once they see the Europeans or Russians moving in for the Kill, they will open up the Sales, but i doubt on the TOT part in any deal with the US. :vehicle_plane:

Country flag
here are a few:
when he took office he contacted all the world leaders except MMS(even Russia)
Hillary clinton in her asia trip skipped India
Obama wants to reduce/eliminate outsourcing
he has tripled the aid given to pakistan
and now this ship engine delay

also i don't want to say anything i see how he deals with bush nuke deal that will be a clear indicator.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
The US is trying to Cozy up with the Chinese, just to prove they are unbiased towards china, they have put the deal on hold, Americans are pure Business Professionals, Once they see the Europeans or Russians moving in for the Kill, they will open up the Sales,
really in light of what i mentioned previously ? aka offer of bmd, lpd, a/c, nuke deal, cluster munitions, space tech, intel help, 26/11 backing ?

but i doubt on the TOT part in any deal with the US. :vehicle_plane:
I don't expect amerikans to give up their secrets.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
here are a few:

also i don't want to say anything i see how he deals with bush nuke deal that will be a clear indicator.
1. forgivable faux pas, later he did call.
2. 26/11 fiasco. And not to forget it was because of several dozen visits by americans and other nation's diplomats that made pak act on 26/11 investigations.
(todays news : http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/blnus/10101122.htm )
3. that is demagoguery no capitalist nation would do such a thing, plus dollar is getting stronger making outsourcing even more lucrative. jury's out on this one
4. aid tied to performance. and no bailouts. pak still has to rely on imf to bail it out. and not to forget us has practically spelled out where this aid will be spent and pak armed forces is getting none of the share.
5. nuclear deal. again jury's out but there is not much he can do now that the deal is signed and mmrca and other multi-bil$ deals are up for the grabs.

Atul

Founding Member
here are a few:

really in light of what i mentioned previously ? aka offer of bmd, lpd, a/c, nuke deal, cluster munitions, space tech, intel help, 26/11 backing ?

I don't expect amerikans to give up their secrets.
What ever be the attitude the US currently displays, they have no Option but to Collaborate with INDIA. That will be there Key to survival in the Future.

Country flag
The US is trying to Cozy up with the Chinese, just to prove they are unbiased towards china, they have put the deal on hold, Americans are pure Business Professionals, Once they see the Europeans or Russians moving in for the Kill, they will open up the Sales, but i doubt on the TOT part in any deal with the US. :vehicle_plane:
so far all the nuclear buisness has went to french,russians and canadians i have not seen one american deal yet for anything reactors or fuel?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
What ever be the attitude the US currently displays, they have no Option but to Collaborate with INDIA. That will be there Key to survival in the Future.
pray why ? US is the only nation which can singlehandedly imo fight against the whole world and has a bloody good chance of winning too. :boat:

It is in both nations interest that they align and ally.

EnlightenedMonk

so far all the nuclear buisness has went to french,russians and canadians i have not seen one american deal yet for anything reactors or fuel?
The Americans were instrumental in getting us that NSG Waiver, please remember that... without them stopping the Chinese at the last moment, the deal might have never gone through given the fact that the Chinese had started encouraging little nations like New Zealand to revolt against us...

IMHO, the French, Russian and Canadians couldn't have alone pushed the deal through the NSG, it was the American support which tipped the balance in our favour...

EnlightenedMonk

The Americans were instrumental in getting us that NSG Waiver, please remember that... without them stopping the Chinese at the last moment, the deal might have never gone through given the fact that the Chinese had started encouraging little nations like New Zealand to revolt against us...

IMHO, the French, Russian and Canadians couldn't have alone pushed the deal through the NSG, it was the American support which tipped the balance in our favour...
But, all of this said and done, Obama does seem to be acting a little suspiciously, for example with the money issue to Pakistan... he's spelt out where the money must be used by the Pakistanis, but what are the checks and balances that have been put in place ??? What is the monitoring system that will make sure that the money is not misspent???

Unless all these questions are answered, I'm a little suspicious of Obama's intentions...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles