NETRA MK.2 AEW News and Updates

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
There are news MoD approving 7 more A319/320 platforms in addition to the 6 for this programme? No confirmed press reports from govt yet

abingdonboy

Country flag
:megusta::megusta:
Nice...... beware enemies pvt company does possess its own airforce
Others have private army but we went a step ahead by initiating private airforce
Jokes apart I hope necessary changes would have been implemented for conversion
Looks like minimal work has been done so far other than re-registering it. I guess for now they are trying to get their pilots trained up on the new fleet

they’ll have to spend a long time in BLR to be refit for the AEW role, I’m not sure if they’ve even identified the private player to undertake the conversion work

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
Looks like minimal work has been done so far other than re-registering it. I guess for now they are trying to get their pilots trained up on the new fleet

they’ll have to spend a long time in BLR to be refit for the AEW role, I’m not sure if they’ve even identified the private player to undertake the conversion work
It will be done by Airbus. Putting a radar on top of an aircraft is no joke. Things have to start right from wind tunnel scale model stages.

abingdonboy

Country flag
It will be done by Airbus. Putting a radar on top of an aircraft is no joke. Things have to start right from wind tunnel scale model stages.
Indeed it’s a huge undertaking and they’ll have to have a lot of OEM support although we’ve not heard a thing or any agreement with Airbus as of yet. Afaik they were looking for a private player to undertake the Conversion work

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Indeed it’s a huge undertaking and they’ll have to have a lot of OEM support although we’ve not heard a thing or any agreement with Airbus as of yet. Afaik they were looking for a private player to undertake the Conversion work
Are reports about removing front facing aesa true?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles