"Machines don't fight war, its Men". I just realised

ajay_ijn

Country flag
I was posting in a thread in Army forum, then i realized one thing after all these period of my interest in defense dicussions.

"Soldiers fight battles for the country ".

not LCA, not Arjun, not Su-30, not warships or helicopters, certainly not DRDO Scientists or HAL or any defense company. certainly some contribute indirectly but everything depends on soldiers.

I was so engrossed in technical aspects n development of the military machines that i completely lost touch with what was military, war, battles are basically about. what was at the core?.
the walking, talking Men, be it infantry, pilot, or sailor

for me it was LCA, Arjun, Su-30, warships. how good it is? how is it compared to others? when will DRDO finish it? why there are delays? why military is not accepting it? why it failed in tests? why govt did not acquire that it time. It was matter of serious pride for a country to develop its own weapons and not depend on others. no country would like to see themselves as technologically inferior.

It overshadowed the fact that at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is

Soldiers completing their missions successfully with minimal causalities, making country victorious with the help of these machines.

I would dream of the day when Arjun or LCA etc indigenous weapons will be fully accepted into the armed forces. Military being happy about the machines.

That would fullfill the purpose of all the time i was disappointed with DRDO for not doing things on time, for govt delaying aquisitions.

there was rarely a thought like what after that?
a bunch of machines made of metal were inducted by military
but who will use it, how will they use it, how will they actually be useful to military.

i would get frustrated with the delays in R&D and Acquisition programs and finally i would end up creating a dreaming of airforce, army and navy with perfect tanks, warships, fighters leading my country to Victory.

But alas i never dreamed about perfect men

men who would actually fight, men who risk their lives

my dream military force was incomplete afterall.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The title of the thread is exactly what the brigadier told me once when I asked him why india does not go for modern equipment in large numbers so as to trim down force level.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Machines and men, Both, fight wars. A modern war is not winnable without modern technology. So, China has realized. So India has realized. And so, even Pakistan, has realized.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Right rage, but as they see it, technology is just a force multiplier. In the end, the man behind it matters.

ajay_ijn

Country flag
Machines and men, Both, fight wars. A modern war is not winnable without modern technology. So, China has realized. So India has realized. And so, even Pakistan, has realized.
we have see what happens at the end. Its not "whole India, its not Pakistan, its not China". Its not the leaders, its not the diplomats, its not defense companies.

Its just soldiers. and only soldiers who end up doing it actually., rest all are there to support him.

Last edited:

debasree

Country flag
Both man & machine are responsible of winning & loosing a war ,allso the power to take quike & correct decition of millitary & pollitical bosses of a nation and the heart of a lion of its people are equially important.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles