Life in Pakistan.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Tell me about night life in the cities of Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi. How do Pakistanis let their hair down?
Night life in Lahore is going out for dinner. There are restaurants for oldies like me and there are for young ppl. Main place in this regard is M M Alam Road in Lahore. I dunno about Karachi. Islamabad is a dull bureaucratic city. Few places to go out, now ppl wake up till 11-12, when I was in Islo every one was in bed at 9 :p So i left Islam after two years.

Illusive

Country flag
@musalman

These days you see there are lot of animated movies coming from hollywood, India has also joined this trend, lots of animation studious(very few decent ones), i see a lot of people joining this industry and a lot of animation teaching institutes have sprung across India.

How is Pakistan in this field, is it a popular career option in your country, cause there are great artists there and it'd very nice to see some competition.

Last edited by a moderator:

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
@musalman

These days you see there are lot of animated movies coming from hollywood, India has also joined this trend, lots of animation studious(very few decent ones), i see a lot of people joining this industry and a lot of animation teaching institutes have sprung across India.

How is Pakistan in this field, is it a popular career option in your country, cause there are great artists there and it'd very nice to see some competition.
In animation, as far as I know there is no expertise. I saw one example in NCA's art exhibition in which a student from Gilgit made an animation about their folk story. Which was quite decent. However, animation you see in ads sux :)

Rage

DFI TEAM
Night life in Lahore is going out for dinner. There are restaurants for oldies like me and there are for young ppl. Main place in this regard is M M Alam Road in Lahore. I dunno about Karachi. Islamabad is a dull bureaucratic city. Few places to go out, now ppl wake up till 11-12, when I was in Islo every one was in bed at 9 :p So i left Islam after two years.
Is there no pool? What about hooka parlours? And jazz/rock/classical/pop music concerts?

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Is there no pool? What about hooka parlours? And jazz/rock/classical/pop music concerts?
Sheesha bars are there. Alot of them. Yes they do have concerts, bone fires etc etc . Most concerts are pop music concert. Classical music is not very much popular, but still there. Music has not be patronized by the Govt. during Zia era, before 80s people used to study music in university colleges, music is still a subject in schools but not a popular one. But there are some really good places in Lahore where u can learn Sitar , tabla etc.

Art scene is good in Lahore. From traditional to conventional art, there are alot of places where u can learn them. I go to a place where I learn calligraphy.

Indianboy

Country flag
Pak Hindu girl raped, gets treatment after 10 days:

Islamabad: A six-year-old Hindu girl, who was allegedly raped in Pakistan's southern Sindh province, has been admitted to a hospital in Karachi about 10 days after she was molested, according to reports on Saturday. The girl, a student of Class 1, was playing near her home in Ghulam Nabi Shah area of Umerkot district when Hashim Magiro, the owner of a gambling den, allegedly kidnapped and raped her on December 3.

Some unconfirmed reports said the girl was gang-raped. She was brought to Karachi on Wednesday and admitted to the Lyari General Hospital. Several civil society groups visited the girl in hospital and expressed solidarity with her family.

"We talked to the family of the girl and offered them legal aid," said Rushksana Siddiqui of War Against Rape. The girl's relatives said she was first taken to Umerkot district hospital, where there was no doctor on duty.

Then she was taken to Mirpurkhas, located 76 km from Umerkot, but the staff at the hospital there did not treat her properly even though her condition had deteriorated and she was bleeding profusely. The girl's family said she received similar treatment at yet another hospital in Hyderabad.

The incident shocked residents of Ghulam Nabi Shah and several protests were organised at the local press club. The National Assembly or lower house of parliament on Friday asked its Standing Committee on Human Rights to probe reports of the alleged rape.

The matter was referred to the committee after it was raised in the house by ruling Pakistan People's Party lawmaker Nawab Yousuf Talpur.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
The incident shocked residents of Ghulam Nabi Shah and several protests were organised at the local press club. The National Assembly or lower house of parliament on Friday asked its Standing Committee on Human Rights to probe reports of the alleged rape.

The matter was referred to the committee after it was raised in the house by ruling Pakistan People's Party lawmaker Nawab Yousuf Talpur.
Sad incident nevertheless matter was even raised in the Sindh assembly, which is good since government of Pakistan and Sindh do not support these incidents.

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
@musalman
nice pics,keep us updated

do you get indian ads on pakistan tv? if yes,then what about those bold ads(from pak standards) . What do you people think of the ads? I also read that many pak companies are outsourcing ad making to india.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
@musalman
nice pics,keep us updated

do you get indian ads on pakistan tv? if yes,then what about those bold ads(from pak standards) . What do you people think of the ads? I also read that many pak companies are outsourcing ad making to india.
Indian ads --- No
Ads with Indian models - Yes
Are they bold - well may be some, where katrina is bathing in a tub :)
Do they show Indian dramas? - Yes few are shown
What do people think about those drama ? Some hate them some like. However new craze is the Turkish dramas. People gone crazy about them. Now some actors have started a campaign against them coz they effect their business. No one gone againts the Indian coz Indian dramas were no threat to the industry.

Now about my self. I like Indian dramas which are funny and are made and based either in Dehli or Punjab. I do not like indian drama where woman dress heavily with Gold and a young kid is married to a young boy bla bla Hate that kind of dramas. You see Dehli and Punjab culture is something we can associate to but not the Rajistan and South Indian

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Food is okay !!! but my Punjabi girl will kill me if I talk about girl :p

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Food is mostly meat. BBQ is the favorite. USed to be spicy but with alot of Afgans and Pushtun migrating to Lahore, it is less spicy now. Shinwari (KPK) food is the hot favorite these days.

Rashna

Country flag
I make fazl e haq style karahi (recipe from youtube) and its the simplest most awesome recipe i have made.

Food is mostly meat. BBQ is the favorite. USed to be spicy but with alot of Afgans and Pushtun migrating to Lahore, it is less spicy now. Shinwari (KPK) food is the hot favorite these days.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
I make fazl e haq style karahi (recipe from youtube) and its the simplest most awesome recipe i have made.
Fazl e haq is actually famous for "siri paya" and is known as phajjay dey paai

Global Defence

New threads

Articles