LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

raju1982

Country flag
If FF is by Feb March 2024 when will the induction happen? According to contract the first aircraft must be delivered within 36 months, which is March 2024.

Is timeline a joke to HAL and ADA?

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
If FF is by Feb March 2024 when will the induction happen? According to contract the first aircraft must be delivered within 36 months, which is March 2024.

Is timeline a joke to HAL and ADA?
Here ff means pre delivery flight
Ff was conducted 2 years ago

mamamia12

Much better than Russian aircrafts, but not upto Western.
That's why i said Good. I mean not on the level of Western or French. I don't want to overpraise or undermine HAL, but maybe private companies can do better in case of Manufacturing while HAL being confined to r&d only. Our Manufacturing standards in Aerospace are still primitive and HAL is slow to adapt them. I hope they improve standards to the level of atleast Chinese before AMCA. It will be wastage of money if such Fifth gen jet is held back by Substandard Manufacturing Methods. Maybe we should have asked some of that process technology,machinery used,standards,softwares etc from French Rafale deal than ToT of Jet itself which is redundant. Since, the French are masters in Composites.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
That's why i said Good. I mean not on the level of Western or French. I don't want to overpraise or undermine HAL, but maybe private companies can do better in case of Manufacturing while HAL being confined to r&d only. Our Manufacturing standards in Aerospace are still primitive and HAL is slow to adapt them. I hope they improve standards to the level of atleast Chinese before AMCA. It will be wastage of money if such Fifth gen jet is held back by Substandard Manufacturing Methods. Maybe we should have asked some of that process technology,machinery used,standards,softwares etc from French Rafale deal than ToT of Jet itself which is redundant. Since, the French are masters in Composites.
How are French masters in composites can you elaborate what special they have which others don't ?

raju1982

Country flag
agreed, ac assembly plants are very very primitive. extremely poor tech applied.. soviet type.

mamamia12

agreed, ac assembly plants are very very primitive. extremely poor tech applied.. soviet type.
HAL may have to delearn all the soviet-russo junk processes and relearn the NATO/US standards. One of the advantages the Turkish Aviation Industry had in addition to help of jet design from EU&NATO is the Manufacturing Methods. I hate to say this but the Turkroaches Hurjet that had first flight recently had more exquisite build quality and finishing than Tejas. This Manufacturing process problem can be resolved relatively easily but it requires attitude to improve oneself. Recently boeing has been acquiring parts of Apache from TASL and C-295 also to be partly built in TASL. Maybe although not design of aircraft, atleast TASL should acquire the skill of Art of Manufacturing.

Azaad

Country flag
HAL may have to delearn all the soviet-russo junk processes and relearn the NATO/US standards. One of the advantages the Turkish Aviation Industry had in addition to help of jet design from EU&NATO is the Manufacturing Methods. I hate to say this but the Turkroaches Hurjet that had first flight recently had more exquisite build quality and finishing than Tejas. This Manufacturing process problem can be resolved relatively easily but it requires attitude to improve oneself. Recently boeing has been acquiring parts of Apache from TASL and C-295 also to be partly built in TASL. Maybe although not design of aircraft, atleast TASL should acquire the skill of Art of Manufacturing.
Most of the sub assemblies / LRUs are sub contracted & vital elements such as the TF imported . Apart from final assembly & QC what else remains in HALs scope of work ?

TASL work on the Apaches is restricted to building the superstructure of the fuselage .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles