LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

IndianHawk

Country flag
Btw there is an RFI out for retractable air to air probe for mk1a .
Could be like mig 29upg. That also means mwf will also have retractable probe.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

kamaal

Country flag

source plz?
LCA does not have enough space to accommodate such facility.

tejascot

Mk1a jet have not retractable probe
Last days iaf only test on retractable probe u don't see
Source ??~?

Sent from my Alfa L using Tapatalk

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
But it does not mention the aircraft to be fitted. Perhaps it might be meant for amca. Just a thought.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
See the 2nd or 3rd page ,it clearly states project lca.

Advaidhya Tiwari

Then what about FOC jets? Isn't the IAF supposed to induct 40 Tejas mk1? How many of these are LSP and how many are IOC/FOC?
SP are IOC jets for now. LSP was when Tejas was in dveelopment, it needed trials and hence prototype were made.

The definition of SP is "Serial Production" which is the production version to be handed to IAF. LSP means "Limited Serial Production" only emant for developmental activity and not handed to IAF.

FOC jets also will be SP jets. 16 SP jets are IOC & 16 are FOC while another 8 SP are trainer. LSP jets are excusively for testing and trials captive to HAL. So, any trial or test of equipment will e done in LSP before using in SP versions as IOC/FOC/MK1A planes. Tejas has 16 prototypes till now (in addition to 16SP planes in IOC specs). This includes PV, Naval and LSP planes

Kchontha

Country flag
See the 2nd or 3rd page ,it clearly states project lca.
Thanks, I didn't go through it properly. Anyway it is a good development for tejas. I heard that they had fitted Cobham's protruding one. One member from this forum had also once mentioned to me that the bird doesn't have space for a retractable one. His name was forgotten. Are they experiencing any problem with Cobham's one? And won't it further delayed mk 1a?

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Thanks, I didn't go through it properly. Anyway it is a good development for tejas. I heard that they had fitted Cobham's protruding one. One member from this forum had also once mentioned to me that the bird doesn't have space for a retractable one. His name was forgotten. Are they experiencing any problem with Cobham's one? And won't it further delayed mk 1a?

Cobham seems a good fit,and it was tested successfully few months ago. Still it should be seen whether this is for lca or mwf(though it is mentioned lca),i would be surprised to know if it is indeed for lca ,as protruded probe itself took a bit long to try and test,this one development would be repeating the same cycle.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles