LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

thebakofbakchod

Cant do. Knocked down kits of all types are prohibited.

They can get some parts from there, but not much.
Not a single 1 of these drone companies other than ADE/TASL have shown off their production lines and most of them dont even have any factories either. I saw a picture of ideaforge and they are screwdrivering parts together. I can guarantee that these guys are wholesale importing all the parts from China and screwing them together here. They dont seem to have any machinery to manufacture those parts

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Not a single 1 of these drone companies other than ADE/TASL have shown off their production lines and most of them dont even have any factories either. I saw a picture of ideaforge and they are screwdrivering parts together. I can guarantee that these guys are wholesale importing all the parts from China and screwing them together here. They dont seem to have any machinery to manufacture those parts

Yeah, then dhanda close now. Cant do it according to the new regulations. Wont clear customs.

Parts fine, kits no.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
What next, we are going to buy J10 ? Chinese Light Tanks ?
I won't mind buying Chinese light tanks, they are awesome :scared1:

Go easy on em, every trillion dollar MNCs had humble beginnings. These drone startups are college kids, of course they won't have 500-acre assembly lines like Tesla.
Govt. should fund these startups (which they are doing) so that they can set up supply chain and factories.

abingdonboy

Country flag
We don't know that, yet. I am not sure. We all know Trainers are already in jigs, means at least 4-5 are ready. Not sure if parts from Israel have come in yet.
Wtf are these ‘parts’ exactly? What kind of backlog takes over a year to clear? And if this is the case is india/HAL imposing any kind of penalty on the Israeli OEM, I’m sure there would be a clause for this in the contract if this is the case.

no trainers to be seen, no NP5. I’ve defended HAL to the hilt but this is beyond ridiculous now, 2021-22 has basically been a write off in terms of deliveries, they have the largest contract ever signed for
An Indian defence company on their books now, they need to do better.

omaebakabaka

Wtf are these ‘parts’ exactly? What kind of backlog takes over a year to clear? And if this is the case is india/HAL imposing any kind of penalty on the Israeli OEM, I’m sure there would be a clause for this in the contract if this is the case.

no trainers to be seen, no NP5. I’ve defended HAL to the hilt but this is beyond ridiculous now, 2021-22 has basically been a write off in terms of deliveries, they have the largest contract ever signed for
An Indian defence company on their books now, they need to do better.
Brown Sepoys go to the back of line

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
So what happened to the tejas mk1a and mk2? Delayed again?
The 1st Prototype of Tejas MK-2 was supposed to roll out in August of 2022 but later it was later Delayed to December of 2022. After that there is no other delay in the Program. I don't know about Tejas MK-1A though.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles