LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
But that's how can we maintain 42 squdrons.... Just have to leave in present not after 15 years.... When enemy might have combined 150 squadrons....
How about
Bare with me for a sec
Just maybe
Reduce the Kichdi in our airforce, get the additional rafales, and invest heavily in indigenous development

Narasimh

Country flag
But that's how can we maintain 42 squdrons.... Just have to leave in present not after 15 years.... When enemy might have combined 150 squadrons....
We can't ignore exports, it is imperative to market these weapons and get a foot in the military market door. It will open up a lot more opportunities for other equipments if executed well. We will keep on importing jets till the time we can buy only a single jet for the whole air force budget. 42 squadrons can never be sustained if we keep importing.

Ashok84

Country flag
How about
Bare with me for a sec
Just maybe
Reduce the Kichdi in our airforce, get the additional rafales, and invest heavily in indigenous development
Agree with you but the indigenous development should not at the expenses of diluting the airforce 25 squadrons... Instead we should go for indigenous development in addition to our 42 to squdrons.... We have now major USA aircraft companies operating from india having same engines like tejas and grippen....

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag

Spitfire9

Country flag
I think HAL chief said that it can increased in case of export orders. IAF would benefit also with increased rate. However unless IAF operates good number of them, it will difficult to convince other nations. Our defense attaches will have to play a major role here.
As an export customer planning to retire a type, I would want certainty in supply from a vendor. I would not buy on the basis that if I ordered, the supplier first needed to build the industrial capacity to supply me before starting to build my order. Too long. Too risky.

If I was told that the existing production line would be used to supply me, that would be different. IAF orders would suffer any delays in a new production plant being commissioned and consequential delays in aircraft deliveries.

Again, why not expand production capacity?

Ashok84

Country flag
As an export customer planning to retire a type, I would want certainty in supply from a vendor. I would not buy on the basis that if I ordered, the supplier first needed to build the industrial capacity to supply me before starting to build my order. Too long. Too risky.

If I was told that the existing production line would be used to supply me, that would be different. IAF orders would suffer any delays in a new production plant being commissioned and consequential delays in aircraft deliveries.

Again, why not expand production capacity?
Same answer like udhhab thakray we can built new hopsitals but without enough doctors and icus, ventilators....

Tactical Doge

Country flag
It may be off topic in tejas thread.... But 260 sukhoi 30...14 squads
1 rafale squds
3 mig 29 squads
1 tejas squads
6 jaguar
2 mirage 2000 squds
27 squads....
Dude πŸ™„
We have two squadrons that operate Tejas and 3 M2K squadrons
And MiG21 as well
Squadron strength is at 30+

Ashok84

Country flag
Dude πŸ™„
We have two squadrons that operate Tejas and 3 M2K squadrons
And MiG21 as well
Squadron strength is at 30+
Sorry bro... 2 nd tejas squad got only 1 0r 2 planes... A squdrons comprises 16 to 20 aircraft... Mig 21s already overlived there life are more than 50 years old... Some got compulsory retirement but major crashed in air... Even our Jaguars are too old needs replacement in 10 years....

Ashok84

Country flag
You are behaving really desperate , you need to add capacity to industry too ,your indigenous one . After running after foreign ka maal ,forget amca ,tejas mk 2 , tedbf .
No I support bothway acquisition.... Both foreign and desi maal... Should be realistic as we have china and Pakistan adding 10 squadrons each year.... So should not put all our eggs in one basket that's HalπŸ˜”

Tactical Doge

Country flag
You are behaving really desperate , you need to add capacity to industry too ,your indigenous one . After running after foreign ka maal ,forget amca ,tejas mk 2 , tedbf .
Exactly
@Ashok84 suggests getting
+90 Rafale
+126 F15 EX
+126 Gripen E/F , these can cost a shit ton and can only hinder funding for indigenous development, funds are absolutely imperative as evident from the Tejas saga

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
No I support bothway acquisition.... Both foreign and desi maal... Should be realistic as we have china and Pakistan adding 10 squadrons each year.... So should not put all our eggs in one basket that's HalπŸ˜”
Pakistani adding a fighter capable of pulling 5 g at max , shitty plane , china have bigger threat , we are already late , this need for strength addition will always be there and in case of war we would be doomed with such a complex fleet and sanction and all.

I know your issue , might be anew member , but reality is we can't jump a stair , we may fall , tejas is showing more than 4ton mtow , tehas mk 2 will be a real beast , if aur force wants they may go for orca for mig 29 replacement .

Thus decade is hardest for us ,but no need to push panic button

Ashok84

Country flag
Exactly
@Ashok84 suggests getting
+90 Rafale
+126 F15 EX
+126 Gripen E/F , these can cost a shit ton and can only hinder funding for indigenous development, funds are absolutely imperative as evident from the Tejas saga
These 20 squadrons will max cost 60 billions dollar and take 10 years minimum to delivery... Costing 6 billion or 10 billion each year....

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
You would prefer that those who purchase are not important? Would make it darn hard for India to buy from Russia, France and the USA. Not a word of thanks.
French won't have any problem , they have elite customer ,not everyone can afford their product , all their offering is a medium category one , russia too don't offer anything special in light category , usa certainly f 16 , so what usa is always pissed off from everyone

Ashok84

Country flag
When Malaysia can get 3 sukhoi or 3 f16s including political milage of USA or Russia, why will they buy tejas costing 150 m dollar for 2 planes...

Spitfire9

Country flag
Malaysia, Turkey and Pakistan let us join Umaah.

Indian crazy let's show Tejas to Malaysia, show them all its limits...
Guess who gets the report prepared by Malaysia
No country buys a new fighter without knowing how it performs. Are you saying that Malaysia should not be offered an Indian-made fighter on security grounds?

Global Defence

Articles