LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Ghost hale

Country flag
I doubt info given as no where its mentioned that ioc to foc conversion has started. If true than its really great news. Even first flight info seems delayed one.

MonaLazy

Earlier given info IOC aircrafts will be converted to FOC after 40 order completion ...

More details here. Even after the conversion IOC aircraft are unlikely to feature mid-air refueling probe.

ACM RKB wants Base Repair Depot (BRD) of the Indian Air Force (IAF) to carry out conversion of the first 16 IOC aircraft to FOC without relying on HAL ‘s LCA- Division team.

Bhadauria wants BRD and Squadron level technicians to take over full maintenance activities of the LCA-Tejas Mk1 fleet henceforth and rely on HAL only for major maintenance activities like when they are due to for ” Major Overhauls ” as prescribed by the manufacture like IAF does for all other fighter jets in its fleet.

FOC (Final Operational Clearance ) configuration will enable Beyond Visual Range capabilities on the first 16 aircraft and also clear other Air to Ground weapons which were not available with IOC configuration. Software upgrades to the Mission computer of the IOC aircraft will also expand its flight envelope clearance and usage of additional drop tank other fuel-related modifications and upgrades as told to idrw.org.

A major addition in the FOC configuration Tejas Mk1 aircraft has been the removable Mid-Air refueling probe which will not feature in the IOC Tejas Mk1 even after FOC conversion since it could require remapped fuel plumping and many changes to the internally hardware of the aircraft which IAF has decided to avoid at this stage and might be done at a later stage by HAL in separate contract work order . All 83 Tejas Mk1A will feature a removable Mid-Air refueling probe from the first aircraft onwards.

MonaLazy

Just imagine an export order placed right now... What then?
Then the LCA production floor will look like Virar local at 7am.. We can cram more planes/jigs on the same floor. Since HAL is in any case just the integrator- The tier-1 and downward suppliers from industry will have to augment production- which at ~₹ 300 crores per bird they will happily oblige.

Gandaberunda

Country flag
Then the LCA production floor will look like Virar local at 7am.. We can cram more planes/jigs on the same floor. Since HAL is in any case just the integrator- The tier-1 and downward suppliers from industry will have to augment production- which at ~₹ 300 crores per bird they will happily oblige.
I don't think it's possible to fit in more hangers on the same floor. If space was available HAL would have built hangers already to ramp up numbers...
New assembly line will be built or existing facilities would be extended but damn sure you can't just fit into what it is now.

FalconZero

Country flag
I couldn't see the tail number but aparently this one is sp24. Also, i don't get it, if it is sp24 does that mean there are atleast 6 to 7 FOC versions which are ready or due to different production lines we are seeings some of them taking to air before the others?
NVM I thought they are using the older numbering scheme, bleh's comment under the tweet cleared it up. :thumbsup:

1616162075324.png

Ghost hale

Country flag
I couldn't see the tail number but aparently this one is sp24. Also, i don't get it, if it is sp24 does that mean there are atleast 6 to 7 FOC versions which are ready or due to different production lines we are seeings some of them taking to air before the others?
NVM I thought they are using the older numbering scheme, bleh's comment under the tweet cleared it up. :thumbsup:

View attachment 82235
FOR THE LAST TIME -
SP 01 to 16 IOC(which are apparently being upgraded to FOC in parallel). 17 to 32 FOC. 33 to 40 trainers. Its only 4th FOC. He has used old nomenclature.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles