Kolkata Class Destroyers Update

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
I'm not sure which one it is all i know is that its a kolkata class ship, could be either one i guess!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
It is not of Indian origin, Is that hard to understand ?

Ajeesh Kumar S

that is kolkata class look at the elta mf-star on top.kolkata arrived as the part of naval celibrations and that is ernakulam jetty and the bridge is vikranth bridge.yesterday many times i saw p-8i and tu-142 in formation flying over my district kottayam in kerala thats flying as the part of naval celibrations .

rohit b3

Country flag
Everywhere it says that the Kolkata Class will have only 32 Barak 8s :rolleyes:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

D 64 - INS Kochi

Impressive.. I think we can see the sister of Kolkatha by early next year with full deployment except the ASW Heli

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
INS Kochi, the second ship in the Kolkata class of destroyers, is slated to be commissioned in the coming five months after it nears the end of its sea trials, according to sources in the Mazagon Docks Limited. This will be followed by the third and last ship, Chennai, which will be commissioned by the end of this year. The official name for shipbuilding work of the Kolkata class boats at the MDL is Project 15A. The INS Kolkata was the first to be commissioned, where it was accepted into the Navy in August last year, in the event attended by both PM Narendra Modi and the then defence minister Arun Jaitley. It was launched eight years ago in 2006 after finishing basic construction. "Similarly, Kochi and the Chennai were also launched a few months apart around five years ago following which they began various tests, starting with harbour acceptance trials and sea trials," said an officer. The remaining work of outfitting of the electronic equipment and radars were done simultaneously with close supervision from an overseeing team from the Indian Navy. The boats are the largest regular use surface combatants ever to be in the country. The INS Vikrant, being built at the Cochin Shipyard, is even bigger, but is an aircraft carrier. The 6,800-tonne boats are the first ones to be fitted with a Multi- Function Radar (MFR) and carry more firepower than any other Indian warships currently in service. The induction of Kolkata instantly enhanced India's image before western countries, which started "taking India more seriously" according to naval officers. A follow on of the Kolkata class is the Project 15B having more upgraded fighting and electronic features, also being built at MDL. The first ship in the project will be launched between April and May this year.

Trials on, INS Kochi to be at sea in 5 months | The Asian Age

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I cannot help you unless you educate yourself about technical issues related to hardware of different origins ..

Don`t ask questions which you don`t understand well ..

You are answering it is tested in Israel and repeating same.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles