Kashmir conflict-India should act now?

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
really?

Then ask Yusuf (the Moderator), and our various Muslim Presidents, our ex Air Chief Marshall, the various Generals in the Indian Army, the Police IGs and so on.

They have a better life than the Muslims of China where the Muslims are not allowed to enter the Mosques till they are 18 and are not allowed any Islamic teachings. Further, in China, the Imam's sermons have to be cleared by the CCP apparatchik.

In India, there is no such controls and there are also madrassas.

So spare us your crocodile tears!
This is why India is considered Darul Amaan (land of peace) as Muslims can follow and practice thier religion .

yuebaili

Not correct.

Kashmir is not a complicated issue at all. It is just that the British wherever were their colonies or UN mandated territories, they have left bones of contention every where.

A democratic nation is all about democracy, religion, tradition, nationalism, sub nationalism, secularism etc.

Without such things a democracy would be a totalitarian state like China, where what the govt says is the last word and no more!

BTW how many languages, religion, ethnicities does Sweden have.

Are you aware how many India has?

And still we exist as one Nation!
Sweden is a small country. Linguistic, ethnically and religiously it is rather homogenous (although with a lot of immigrants it has become less so in the recent decades). This means many advantages, especially when it comes to democracy. It is easier for big countries not to respect human rights. Besides they usually have imperialistic ambitions.

Kashmir is more comparable to Sweden than India when it comes to size and number of inhabitants. But not much when it comes to homogenity. So I find it hard to understand how you can say the Kashmir issue is simple. Let us e.g. just take the national identity of Kashmiris: Indians or Pakistanis? What do they say?

Country flag
Could I suggest you to watch first part of "India Reborn".
I don't know what it said is right or wrong.If it is right,the muslims' life in india would be very miserable.
so watching this "India Reborn" has made you an authority now?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Kashmir is more comparable to Sweden than India when it comes to size and number of inhabitants. But not much when it comes to homogenity. So I find it hard to understand how you can say the Kashmir issue is simple. Let us e.g. just take the national identity of Kashmiris: Indians or Pakistanis? What do they say?
Comparing Sweden to Kashmir in any which way is like comparing oranges and apples.

I don't know what Pakistani part Kashmiris call themselves as, but I can say this based on my interaction with students from J&K that they call themselves as Indians and then only call themselves as Kashmiris, Dogras, Pandits etc.

All the conflicts in south asia are the legacy of british which were not solved subsequently by the south asian countries owing to various reasons like religion, culture, politics etc.

Country flag
Sweden is a small country. Linguistic, ethnically and religiously it is rather homogenous (although with a lot of immigrants it has become less so in the recent decades). This means many advantages, especially when it comes to democracy. It is easier for big countries not to respect human rights. Besides they usually have imperialistic ambitions.

Yueballi shouldn't we also have immigrants be given the choice of having separate parts of the nations they have settled??

natarajan

it was the britian's conspiracy to check the growth of secular india as it cannot be trusted so it left so many problems like mc mahon line with china so many number of princely states were left in india (unlucky) but we are lucky to have sardar patel who integrated india under iron hand but unfortunalely inspite of people and maharaja's choice to join india pakistan illegally occupied kashmir and our peace loving netas(nehru) contributed more to this occupation.
Will anyone question tibet for independence from china?
or baluchistan from pakistan ?
whereas 62 % have voted in kashmir and also they are only state given special status
just think over pok(pakistan occupied kashmir illegally),tibet,baluchistan

IBRIS

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
US Kashmiris launch campaign against Pak

A prominent Indian American Kashmiri group in the US has launched a letter writing campaign appealing to US lawmakers to pressurise
Pakistan into acting firmly against terrorists groups operating from its soil.

In a mass e-mail sent out to Indian Americans across the United States, the Indian American Kashmiri Forum (IAKF) urged people to write a letter to their respective Congressmen to use their good offices to ensure that Pakistan takes action against the terrorists groups.

"As a voting American, I urge you to strongly encourage the government of Pakistan to fully commit its resources to destroying the numerous terrorist camps that exist in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir and other territories under its control," says a draft of the letter.

"In lieu of the start of a new session of Congress, Indo-American Kashmir Forum is undertaking a letter-writing campaign to let your lawmakers know the urgency of forcing Pakistan to act firmly against terrorist groups operating on its soil," said Rahul Pandit of IAKF.

"These groups have a global agenda that starts with the disintegration of India," Pandit said urging people to send the letter to their respective Congressmen.

Asserting that Pakistan has not done enough in the wake of Mumbai terror attack, the draft letter says: "The only result that should be acceptable to the US is the actual dismantling of terrorist infrastructures by the Pakistani government."

The organisation says that there are enough evidences indicating that Pakistani officials and individuals supported, organised, and funded the November 26 carnage.

"Targets included prominent locations that attract Westerners, as well as a Jewish Chabad House, in order to inflict the most traumas to countries that combat terrorists," it said.

"The lone survivor of this attack was a terrorist with ties to the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a group based in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir that was formed to violently overthrow the Indian government in the Indian state of Jammu & Kashmir and impose an Islamic theocracy," the letter said.

yuebaili

Will anyone question tibet for independence from china?
or baluchistan from pakistan ?
whereas 62 % have voted in kashmir and also they are only state given special status
just think over pok(pakistan occupied kashmir illegally),tibet,baluchistan

I know too little about Baluchistan but, why not.....I would like to try that in the Pakistani Defense Forum. But I cannot post there any more.
I have discussed the status of Tibet. For doing that I have been banned from Chinese forums. So I appreciate the freedom here.

How did the Kasmiris vote? If 62% did not express dissatisfaction with their belonging to India, this definitely indicates that India has no reason to fear the result of a plebiscit. But if I have understood correct, this was only in the parts of Kashmir contolled by India. I have the feeling including the Pakistani part would be very risky. So wouldn´t it be best to seek an agreement with Pakistan to recognize the borders as they are today?

Sabir

DFI TEAM
No plebiscit is possible now I think...millions of Hindus have been driven out of Kashmir by the militants making a fair poll impossible..you may have read about the massacre done by Pakistan backed militant groups against the minoroties. New generation Kashmiris want to join the main stream of life...but decades of hostality has been erased the options for them. Large number of young kashmiries turned up for recent recruitment by Indian Army.
If you think the unrest in the valley for freedom ..just check the motto of the militants groups. Pro-independence group like JKLF now sidelined....the groups kept Indian Army busy are JeM, LeT- all Pakistan backed jihadi groups....God knows what is their motto...
If Pakistan stop their decades old "cut India with thousand wounds" policy Kashmir will become a prosperous peaceful state.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
yuebaili, you're trying to distort the meaning of democracy by taking it to the extreme. If you, as a resident of Sweden, manage to convince your family members that the area around your house and your backyard should become an independent country, should Sweden agree to your demands on the basis of "democratic majority?"

If your kids demand that their room be declared an independent country and others should not step into it, would you agree to it?

If the residents of a small Swedish town were to ask for independence, would Swden give it to them?

The purpose of these examples is to demonstrate that when referring to "democratic majority", the context is usually a national majority, not a localized one. As long as the national majority in India remains opposed to Kashmiri plebiscite, there cannot be one just because the Kashmiris ask for it.

There are good reasons for the national majority in India to be anti-plebiscite. It has been the firm belief of Indians, just like Europeans, who were fighting each other for thousands of years, that unless they joined together, foreigners will continue to invade India and inflict atrocities upon it, like they have done for the past 1200 years. When the British came and ruled India for 150 years, it finally dawned on Indians that, "United we Stand, Divided we Fall". And hence, any separatist movement in India after independence has been crushed with brutal force, with the rest of the country supporting the measures taken.

India is just like the EU, except that it is a single country. What the EU is trying to do, India has already done 62 years ago. India's independence was achieved by integrating more than 500 independent states in 1947.

There obviously cannot be a reversal now just because one component of the federation has not learnt through its mistakes over millenia.

Reactions: G10

MMuthu

according to India-Pakistan sub-system program,these regions whose popualtion mostly are Muslims belongs to Pakistan.Kashmir's people are mostly muslims.Why you want to occupy it? Nehru said:"Kashmir is indian hat",so you will fighting for this "hat"?
There is a Place called Nagapattinam, A worst affected place in India in 2004 Tsunami. In this place 99.9 % People are Muslims.... Do you mean to say we should hand over this Place to Pakistan?

Do we need to hand over the places to Pakistan which has more Muslim Population? What a foolish Idea.....

Remember... We are not a Hindu nor a muslim nation.

natarajan

remember after partition of india into india and pakistan,india remained as secular but pakistan declared herself as islamic nation and also pakistan was made for muslim inspite of that many muslim brothers prefered to stay with us as we are secular and not religion fanatics,we cant allow any partition of india further as partion in 1947 itself should be avoided but as it was immediate after independence we cant do anything

MMuthu

How did the Kasmiris vote? If 62% did not express dissatisfaction with their belonging to India, this definitely indicates that India has no reason to fear the result of a plebiscit. But if I have understood correct, this was only in the parts of Kashmir contolled by India. I have the feeling including the Pakistani part would be very risky. So wouldn´t it be best to seek an agreement with Pakistan to recognize the borders as they are today?
Yue,
If there is a fight within your family members, If someone asks you to hold plebiscit, How will you feel?

Kashmir issue is not something that will be solved very soon..... What will Pakistan do if we hand over Kashmir to Pakistan? Will all the terrorist turn to good citizens?

These terrorist cannot lay down their arms.... They have to kill some one every day... The main aim of Pakistan is to divide India into many parts with 1000 cuts.

We will not hold plebiscit.... Kahmir is an integrated part of India.

hbogyt

re

yuebaili, you're trying to distort the meaning of democracy by taking it to the extreme. If you, as a resident of Sweden, manage to convince your family members that the area around your house and your backyard should become an independent country, should Sweden agree to your demands on the basis of "democratic majority?"

If your kids demand that their room be declared an independent country and others should not step into it, would you agree to it?

If the residents of a small Swedish town were to ask for independence, would Swden give it to them?

The purpose of these examples is to demonstrate that when referring to "democratic majority", the context is usually a national majority, not a localized one. As long as the national majority in India remains opposed to Kashmiri plebiscite, there cannot be one just because the Kashmiris ask for it.

There are good reasons for the national majority in India to be anti-plebiscite. It has been the firm belief of Indians, just like Europeans, who were fighting each other for thousands of years, that unless they joined together, foreigners will continue to invade India and inflict atrocities upon it, like they have done for the past 1200 years. When the British came and ruled India for 150 years, it finally dawned on Indians that, "United we Stand, Divided we Fall". And hence, any separatist movement in India after independence has been crushed with brutal force, with the rest of the country supporting the measures taken.

India is just like the EU, except that it is a single country. What the EU is trying to do, India has already done 62 years ago. India's independence was achieved by integrating more than 500 independent states in 1947.

There obviously cannot be a reversal now just because one component of the federation has not learnt through its mistakes over millenia.
I take it that you are in support of Chinese government over Tibet. I'll quote you and those that thanked you on this one.

Not trying to digress, but to clear some logic. Who decides it must be a national majority? You have merely shifted the point of conflit from the legality of such movement to the making of the law. In the end you have your way because of superior force. This is how the world works.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
There is a Place called Nagapattinam, A worst affected place in India in 2004 Tsunami. In this place 99.9 % People are Muslims.... Do you mean to say we should hand over this Place to Pakistan?

Do we need to hand over the places to Pakistan which has more Muslim Population? What a foolish Idea.....

Remember... We are not a Hindu nor a muslim nation.
Easy dude , because of one Chinese there is no need to take Indian Muslims as a bargaining chip . The talk about asking Indian Muslims by some of ours leaders to move to Pakistan is the real problem , that everyone is getting these words .

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
remember after partition of india into india and pakistan,india remained as secular but pakistan declared herself as islamic nation and also pakistan was made for muslim inspite of that many muslim brothers prefered to stay with us as we are secular and not religion fanatics,we cant allow any partition of india further as partion in 1947 itself should be avoided but as it was immediate after independence we cant do anything
Countries cant be established on the basis of religion and almost all the deobandi ulema's rejected the partition , Muslims from the United,central and southern provinces were not ready to leave thier motherland and thats why they have opposed the partition and on that Indian Union maked it cleared that all can follow thier religions and religious law and live in harmony .

Majority of immigration was done in Punjab sector then in Bengal and to see carefully the URDU speaking Muslims aka Mujahirs makes just 7% in the present Population of Pakistan even after 60 years.

Fighter

Known Unknown you are completely wrong here.

A group of people have the right to be independent.
The real question is how to define this group.
In my opinion by, ethnic, culture, area...

Of course this can be misused like anything else.

hbogyt

re

Known Unknown you are completely wrong here.

A group of people have the right to be independent.
The real question is how to define this group.
In my opinion by, ethnic, culture, area...

Of course this can be misused like anything else.
Exactly my point. It's always those that are more powerful that set the "definition."

MMuthu

Easy dude , because of one Chinese there is no need to take Indian Muslims as a bargaining chip . The talk about asking Indian Muslims by some of ours leaders to move to Pakistan is the real problem , that everyone is getting these words .

Indian muslims are our siblings..... Who will bargain with siblings. The story about Indian Politicians is nothing new.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles