Jallikattu Ban: Elites vs Local Tradition

mayfair

PETA isn't freaking country man its some shitty NGO , they don't rule Spain. your logic is like saying " some African tribe allow slavery so ignore the slaves in india" , its such a bs logic.
Strawman argument. Slavery is universally abhorred and prohibited. Traditions and performances involving animal participation are not.

PETA is a worldwide organisation and for an organisation who claim to stand for ethical treatment of animals, they cannot expect to be selective and biased in their activism and not get called out on it.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
that logic is the same as saying "you can live without sugar and salt , so why do you eat it"
You do not torture a living creature for salt. So, no, forfeiting meat is not similar to giving up salt.

i doubt the meat industry cares little about intentionally torturing bull .meat farms have quick death, they don't torture the bull by tieing its horns for weeks to the point it cries when you touch the horns. the quality of its life is arguable the same as any mass cattle hearer in bhihar.
If you are so blissfully unaware of the practices of the meat industry, then I don't think any evidence will convince you. I mean really?

i believe people should be able to eat what they what as long its brought by a legal rout , i'm fine with cannibalism under free will and goverment monitarisation. which is next to impossible in a country like india i.e i encourage its ban.
How old are you? Seriously, this is the kind of argument that I have only seen 14 year old edgy kids make on the internet. And I sure as hell am not going to indulge with a hormonal brat who does not believe half the shit he spews.

Krusty

Country flag
meat aka food is a basic necessity ,
No it is not. Are you joking? Will you wither away and die if you don't eat meat? Meat is a luxury and a preference in this day and age. You aren't a tiger Are you ?

Food is a basic necessity. Meat need not necessarily be a part of it. It's entirely your choice if or not you include it in your diet. Your logic is beyond rediculous.

Krusty

Country flag
There is a Whatsapp video doing rounds among Tamil community. It's the video of automated slaughtering of bulls. The old machine. I couldn't watch even 20 seconds of it. It's haunting. Had to delete it. I don't even think it's appropriate to upload such a video here.

I don't understand how Jallikattu is considered more barbaric than their slaughter.

@Razor did you watch it?

Last edited:

Krusty

Country flag
Ask for material here.
We are ready to provide more info.

I@mayfair posted great deal of info on the matter.
Thank you sir, but unfortunately I am an employment pass holder in Singapore so will not be able to attend. Most preparations are done and the event is tomorrow. I appreciate your help in this. We still have a Long way to go... i shall reach out to DFI members where possible.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
the relative it set by the courts perspective not by the accuser, the guy who looses his court case will always feel he didn't get justice .
No one argued otherwise.

file a petition let it be banned if it takes place in india.
That argument is similar to taking up arms and going to the border. I can express opinions without the compulsion to carry them out.

Besides, I am likely to be harmed physically for going against certain religions.

I am content being an armchair general as they say. This platform is meant precisely for that.

again, you have the right to protest so protest , i'm saying don't break the law till then , which TN including its government parties have intentionally ignored ,on pongal the AIDMK organized a jallikattu event and walked away , yesterday "protesters" stopped a train from moving . these is not a peaceful protest.
So book all those who break the law. This is civil disobedience of sorts.

Besides, the TN government is likely to pass an ordinance. So it would be legal, unless the courts step in again.

meat aka food is a basic necessity , tortuing animals for sport isn't. animals are bread to consume, torturing animals is a internationally condemned act.
Flawed. There is no inherent need for meat. It's mostly pleasure as well.

Go search on the net for studies on this.

PETA isn't freaking country man its some shitty NGO , they don't rule Spain. your logic is like saying " some African tribe allow slavery so ignore the slaves in india" , its such a bs logic.
Show me evidence of PETA challenging but fighting or other cruel traditions. They certainly haven't challenged Islamic practices in India.

As I said, be consistent or be liable to being labeled a hypocrite.

By the way what's your personal opinion? Should jallikattu be banned? What about the really torturous and murderous traditions of some other religions?

Last edited:

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
Thank you sir, but unfortunately I am an employment pass holder in Singapore so will not be able to attend. Most preparations are done and the event is tomorrow. I appreciate your help in this. We still have a Long way to go... i shall reach out to DFI members where possible.
Banners have more impact than fliers.
You have to put them in important places.

I wish the best for the event tomorrow.

Krusty

Country flag
Banners have more impact than fliers.
You have to put them in important places.

I wish the best for the event tomorrow.
Banners will be there. I'm just helping with flyers. Doing my small part. Too bad that I have to watch from a distance tomorrow. Thanks for the wishes! This is not just for Tamils. This is for Indians.

Darth Malgus

Country flag
Looks like state govt. will pass ordinance today and presidents approval will be given. Tmrw or day after tmrw after governors approval, Jallikattu will be permitted...

alphacentury

Country flag
By the way, did anybody notice the multitude of sock-puppet accounts all over the social media lately turning this into a TN/India issue?

This is divide and conquer 2.0.
Yep, working like clockwork. also news was that some were beaten for bringing Triranga to a rally. Peacefools are trying to hijack it. Also ISI must be rubbing its hands, sensing opportunity.

--------------------------
Aside that, the general sentiment all over India is to support jallikattu. most bollywood chus... are silent on the issue, sensing backlash.

Last edited:

alphacentury

Country flag
killing animals for consumption =/= torturing animals for personal amusement
Can I kill a guy for consumption. Just for food, you know, nothing else. No prejudices against females, its just that meat doesnt taste that good.

Also, about consent, does a animal give consent as to become a pet.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
@alphacentury In that pic with the little girl, post #396; look near the (girl's) right hand fingers?
Photoshop??

Last edited:

Krusty

Country flag
@alphacentury In that pic with the little girl look near the (girl's) right hand fingers?
Photoshop??
I might be wrong of course but I don't think so it's photoshopped. Atleast to my eye. I think it's that cardboard that comes with a shirt when you buy it. It's as cheap as the person who thought of this idea. I think someone is doing a publicity stunt, like that guy who burnt the Indian flag and photographed himself then later got arrested after the uproar. Or, come cancerous elements are starting to surface. Since this is the perfect opportunity to cause damage by turning (rest of the) Indians sentiments against Tamils by introducing crap like this pic. Bet it's seeman or vaiko worshipper. As with that flag burning case, investigate and throw him in jail. We have support from Indians. This is completely uncalled for. Or is it by some vested interests? ISI must be salivating now.

Last edited:

here2where

@alphacentury - Good, i was about to request you to take the pic down.
With cutlets around, you gotta be careful with lil girl's pics. Holahooo-snackbar was fond of em.

Krusty

Country flag
Dont know about ISI, but cutlets this side of the border already are misusing jallikattu issue to claim UCC cannot be implemented and they want their 4 whores and 72 boys.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...tu-protests/story-lLCnGHppOUQT8hOphx34IJ.html
I knew it, it was just a matter of time Muslims try to take advantage. I have also posted about the new disturbing trend earlier. Time to kick PETA out. As pointed out by @ezsasa the representative of PETA India in talk shows is The Sister of Menaka Gandhi. Something big is cooking. We better get our act right this time before it's too late. Owaisi should be directly challenged as to how Jallikattu and UCC are connected. His statement makes no sense. Apples and oranges.

Last edited:

Global Defence

Articles