J20 Stealth Fighter

tanlixiang28776

50 billion dollars is not so much when you consider that Indian officials have more corrupt money in black swiss bank accounts than India's entire GDP. Corruption in India is still worse than in China so please stop calling the kettle black.

Chinese people rule the CCP so Chinese people certainly control their own destiny.

Only Indians would consider Indian democracy a roaring success and I understand that as people have unconditional love towards their countries.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Mao Mao you're ridiculous claims are unfounded. China imports very few things from Russia and the last fighter jets delivered in 2004.

Arguing with a person like you however is very tiring when you're view is so dogmatic.

It's funny you mention Russian weapons as that is pretty much where India buys all their weapons imports from.

Until India can completely indigenize a advanced weapon like a fighter jet like China has with the J-20 you should refrain from throwing rocks in a glass house.
Read this book and then call me ridiculous: "China's Arms Acquisitions from Abroad: A Quest for 'Superb and Secret Weapons" by Bates Gill and Taeho Kim

Here are few other reads:

http://www.cdi.org/russia/234-7.cfm

http://www.nti.org/db/china/imrus.htm

As per India, we will do whatever is best in our interests, however, due to freedom of information and press, we do not go about lying about our capabilities!!

maomao

Country flag
50 billion dollars is not so much when you consider that Indian officials have more corrupt money in black swiss bank accounts than India's entire GDP. Corruption in India is still worse than in China so please stop calling the kettle black.

Chinese people rule the CCP so Chinese people certainly control their own destiny.

Only Indians would consider Indian democracy a roaring success and I understand that as people have unconditional love towards their countries.
Funny, when India is said to have around USD 20-30 Billion, in total in Swiss banks.....The USD 50 Billion loot by CCP (this is only one incident which got reported) is nothing according to you???? Man you need a reality Check!

Chinese people rule CCP, Yeah sure, this is the best I have ever heard, Its similar to Chinese people Ruling Imperial Japan :D

Its not love towards the country, its simple objective recognition of a system that works perfectly for Free men and women of the world, who will never give up freedom at any cost, be it slavery of CCP or fake economic growth!

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
This is a post to make some points which has been in my minds since the day i saw those pictures of J-20 , i will make a part by part explanation of a layman's simple logic of putting 2+2, you are welcome to put across your views , some of the points i raise are are just too obvious for me to ignore :-

for a layman like me with limited technical knowledge i have to read and research more on technical matters to compare the two which i am doing while awaiting for a leaked video of J0 somehow

superb editing job to enable it to be put in "layman's" terms -

suspicious star and as usual employees have been used to spy on the company ....nothing new about that re prc's major projects including nuclear and space develpoments.

tanlixiang28776

Mao Mao It seems you are on of those people that won't listen to any other person's opinion.

I admire American Democracy because it produces results as I'm a pragmatist.

I do not admire Indian democracy as it is woefully inept, corrupt, and does little to raise the standards of living for the common man.

I accept the CCP as it is raise the living standards of normal people like my cousins.

Your continued rants of slavery make little sense to me as governments are only required to produce equal opportunities for their citizens to succeed. People can become rich businessmen or work in sweatshops that is the result of their actions.

Slavery is not a word you can just throw around so lightly unless it actually applies

maomao

Country flag
Mao Mao It seems you are on of those people that won't listen to any other person's opinion.

I admire American Democracy because it produces results as I'm a pragmatist.

I do not admire Indian democracy as it is woefully inept, corrupt, and does little to raise the standards of living for the common man.

I accept the CCP as it is raise the living standards of normal people like my cousins.

Your continued rants of slavery make little sense to me as governments are only required to produce equal opportunities for their citizens to succeed. People can become rich businessmen or work in sweatshops that is the result of their actions.

Slavery is not a word you can just throw around so lightly unless it actually applies

Again, Read post number:

If you want me to admire CCP and its autocratic rule over Chinese people, then surely I will not, Further, I will not even consider your opinion against Democracy!! What do you call people under dictatorships and forced labor? Free men and women??.....not according to me!

Last edited:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Keep the discussion to J-20. Other unrelated posts will get deleted.

sam2000919

The J 20 "(#2001–02) is fitted with the improved WS-10G"
The J-20 has a pair of all-moving tailfins that are swept back in the F-35 style instead of being trapezoid like the F-22 and PAK-FA tails and ventral stabilizing fins. It also has an F-22 style nose section,[3] but with F-35 style dropped nose, forward swept intakes with diverterless supersonic inlet (DSI) bumps, and a one-piece canopy. The production J-20 may incorporate an advanced fly-by-wire (FBW) system fully integrated with the fire-control and the engine systems. Its fire-control radar is expected to be Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) (Type 1475/KLJ5?). The aircraft may feature a "pure" glass cockpit (a single F-35 style color liquid crystal display (LCD) and a wide-angle holographic head-up display (HUD)). Many of these subsystems have been tested onboard J-10B to speed up the development. It was reported in November 2006 that a T/W=10 17,000 kilograms (37,000 lb) class turbofan (WS-15/"large thrust") was being developed for the J-20. One (#2001-01) prototype is fitted with AL-31F, the other (#2001–02) is fitted with the improved WS-10G with a new "stealth" nozzle possibly to reduce RCS and IR emission.[3][1][34]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chengdu_J-20

badguy2000

Respected Member
But indeed more other information resource suggests that J20 use Chinese indigenious engines now.

Last edited by a moderator:

badguy2000

Respected Member
it is reported that the alloy of J20's engine was developed over 30 years ago by a tech team led by Prof. SHi Chuangxu.
Prof. Shi recently got top reward openply due to "his important contribution to the engine industry".

Althought Prof. Shi and his tech team developed the alloy over 30 years ago,PLAAF still took over30 years to test its reliablity.
http://baike.baidu.com/view/90003.htm

badguy2000

Respected Member
Wind tunnel collection of Mianyang is located in Mianyang city, Sichang province. the wind tunnel collection consists of hundreds of wind tunnels .it is used to R&D of aircraft, missles,subs, warships and highspeed trains and autos.

In fact, CHina's highspeed locomotives and J20 are all tested in Mianyang wind tunnel collection.

http://image.baidu.com/i?ct=2013265...ex&pv=&z=0&word=%C3%E0%D1%F4+%B7%E7%B6%B4&s=0

It is one of the only 3 full wind tunnel collections in the world. the other two are in USA and Russia. But Wind tunnel collection of Mianyang is more modern than Russia's.

Wind Tunnel Collection of Mianyang took 40 years and cost billion USD. In fact ,its costs much more than the combined R&D cost of LCA,Arjun and FMBT .

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
it is reported that the alloy of J20's engine was developed over 30 years ago by a tech team led by Prof. SHi Chuangxu.
Prof. Shi recently got top reward openply due to "his important contribution to the engine industry".

Althought Prof. Shi and his tech team developed the alloy over 30 years ago,PLAAF still took over30 years to test its reliablity.
http://baike.baidu.com/view/90003.htm
Well what was the alloy?. What is it's composition? And why 30 years of reliability tests? What is the strength of the alloy? What is the density? what is the hardness number? what is the malleability quotient? What is the percentage of what metal?

Without this what can we derive?...

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Wind tunnel collection of Mianyang is located in Mianyang city, Sichang province. the wind tunnel collection consists of hundreds of wind tunnels .it is used to R&D of aircraft, missles,subs, warships and highspeed trains and autos.

In fact, CHina's highspeed locomotives and J20 are all tested in Mianyang wind tunnel collection.

http://image.baidu.com/i?ct=2013265...ex&pv=&z=0&word=%C3%E0%D1%F4+%B7%E7%B6%B4&s=0

It is one of the only 3 full wind tunnel collections in the world. the other two are in USA and Russia. But Wind tunnel collection of Mianyang is more modern than Russia's.

Wind Tunnel Collection of Mianyang took 40 years and cost billion USD. In fact ,its costs much more than the combined R&D cost of LCA,Arjun and FMBT .
Sorry we dont have a requirement for that. We will give it to Russia and the US to test it. And BG can you tell me if CAC or SAC has an Anechoic chamber?

AK471993

China's new stealth fighter may use US technology

BRUSSELS (AP) — Chinese officials recently unveiled a new, high-tech stealth fighter that could pose a significant threat to American air superiority — and some of its technology, it turns out, may well have come from the U.S. itself.

Balkan military officials and other experts have told The Associated Press that in all probability the Chinese gleaned some of their technological know-how from an American F-117 Nighthawk that was shot down over Serbia in 1999.

Nighthawks were the world's first stealth fighters, planes that were very hard for radar to detect. But on March 27, 1999, during NATO's aerial bombing of Serbia in the Kosovo war, a Serbian anti-aircraft missile shot one of the Nighthawks down. The pilot ejected and was rescued.

It was the first time one of the much-touted "invisible" fighters had ever been hit. The Pentagon believed a combination of clever tactics and sheer luck had allowed a Soviet-built SA-3 missile to bring down the jet.

The wreckage was strewn over a wide area of flat farmlands, and civilians collected the parts — some the size of small cars — as souvenirs.

"At the time, our intelligence reports told of Chinese agents crisscrossing the region where the F-117 disintegrated, buying up parts of the plane from local farmers," says Adm. Davor Domazet-Loso, Croatia's military chief of staff during the Kosovo war.

"We believe the Chinese used those materials to gain an insight into secret stealth technologies ... and to reverse-engineer them," Domazet-Loso said in a telephone interview.

A senior Serbian military official confirmed that pieces of the wreckage were removed by souvenir collectors, and that some ended up "in the hands of foreign military attaches."

Efforts to get comment from China's defense ministry and the Pentagon were unsuccessful.

China's multi-role stealth fighter — known as the Chengdu J-20 — made its inaugural flight Jan. 11, revealing dramatic progress in the country's efforts to develop cutting-edge military technologies.

Although the twin-engine J-20 is at least eight or nine years from entering air force inventory, it could become a rival to America's top-of-the-line F-22 Raptor, the successor to the Nighthawk and the only stealth fighter currently in service.

China rolled out the J-20 just days before a visit to Beijing by U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates, leading some analysts to speculate that the timing was intended to demonstrate the growing might of China's armed forces.

Despite Chinese President Hu Jintao's high-profile visit to the United States this week, many in Washington see China as an economic threat to the U.S. and worry as well about Beijing's military might.

Parts of the downed F-117 wreckage — such as the left wing with US Air Force insignia, the cockpit canopy, ejection seat, pilot's helmet and radio — are exhibited at Belgrade's aviation museum.

"I don't know what happened to the rest of the plane," said Zoran Milicevic, deputy director of the museum. "A lot of delegations visited us in the past, including the Chinese, Russians and Americans ... but no one showed any interest in taking any part of the jet."

Zoran Kusovac, a Rome-based military consultant, said the regime of former Serbian President Slobodan Milosevic routinely shared captured Western equipment with its Chinese and Russian allies.

"The destroyed F-117 topped that wish-list for both the Russians and Chinese," Kusovac said.

Russia's Sukhoi T-50 prototype stealth fighter made its maiden flight last year and is due to enter service in about four years. It is likely that the Russians also gleaned knowledge of stealth technology from the downed Nighthawk.

The F-117, developed in great secrecy in the 1970s, began service in 1983.

While not completely invisible to radar, its shape and radar-absorbent coating made detection extremely difficult. The radar cross-section was further reduced because the wings' leading and trailing edges were composed of nonmetallic honeycomb structures that do not reflect radar rays.

Kusovac said insight into this critical technology, and particularly the plane's secret radiation-absorbent exterior coating, would have significantly enhanced China's stealth know-how.

Alexander Huang of Taipei's Tamkang University said the J-20 represented a major step forward for China. He described Domazet-Loso's claim as "a logical assessment."

"There is no other stronger source for the origin of the J-20's stealthy technology," said Huang, an expert on China's air force. "The argument the Croatian chief-of-staff makes is legitimate and cannot be ruled out."

The Chinese are well-known perpetrators of industrial espionage in Western Europe and the United States, where the administration has also been increasingly aggressive in prosecuting cases of Chinese espionage.

Western diplomats have said China maintained an intelligence post in its Belgrade embassy during the Kosovo war. The building was mistakenly struck by U.S. bombers that May, killing three people inside.

"What that means is that the Serbs and Chinese would have been sharing their intelligence," said Alexander Neill, head of the Asia security program at the Royal United Services Institute, a defense think tank in London. "It's very likely that they shared the technology they recovered from the F-117, and it's very plausible that elements of the F-117 got to China."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iE3jMTTaEhm5I8l63W9OzWiji0-Q?docId=e8f4fe6f3cc042d8af123a99e96b2a96

SURB

Seems like everyone have their own stories on how China got stealth techs.
Well stories won't matter in the end,it's the performance.A glimpse from a far distance showing almost similar RAM coating let's one believe for a second that all the links of the chain are there.But one should also think that why would Chinese rely so much on a 30 year old nighthawk technology,which was a failure in the end.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I don't see much evidence of them using F-117 technology. MiG 1.44 as a base model and them trying to add F-22/35 features by imitation.

badguy2000

Respected Member
I don't see much evidence of them using F-117 technology. MiG 1.44 as a base model and them trying to add F-22/35 features by imitation.
in fact, J20 is based on the model of the Wright Brothers' and CHinese added some F22/35 and Mig1.44 features by imitation.

Royan

:tinfoil3:Things people wish to believe when in a state of disbelief:tinfoil3:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles