J20 Stealth Fighter

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
1) The first component of WS15 prototype was delivered in 2005, there was a picture of the ceremony.
Oh, we have been hearing about these engine prototypes for years now and yet you totally depend on Russia for the engines is the testament to the fact that you don't have a stable and reliable working engine. Comeback and argue when you have one.

2) AESA already on J11B and will on J10B.
Details please...

3) J11B has modern avionics for sure.
Again details please. Based on the avionics of JF-17 of Pakistan it was clear that the Chinese avionics are second rate ones that the Pakistanis has asked for French avionics though the deal fell through.

4) J20 should be heavy stealth platform, another 5th-G fighter should smaller than it.
Again mere speculation with no details out in the open.

5) If you know nothing about Chinese, shut up is the best choice.
What is there to know about Chinese? Most of time its either propaganda or chinese fanboy fanatasies. Please come up with data and figures to back up your arguments. By saying shut up you are showing your arrogance and no more.

plugwater

I don know why everybody forcing themselves not to believe in this Chinese aircraft. Yes many systems are not ready now but they could finish those systems in next 5 years and induct this aircraft in 7 years. Remember we launched our ATV without even a reactor..

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag

There are videos, but no one dears to post it.

Or if someone do posts it, it will be deleted immediately. You should know, we have no access to Youtube, the only option would be posting it on China's domestic videosharing sites, like youku.com. And that means immediate delete.
BG put out in Rapid Share, we will host it here.

Minghegy

Carrying ramjet missile probably is one of the standards of 5.5G or 6G, in fact the large size may be a beforehand design.

p2prada

Fcukingly Impressive. A single piece glass canopy. Would love to see that on the LCA.

Are there any good close up shots of the canopy?

But I would love to comment on the J-20 only after I see it fly. If the Russians were indeed involved in the development then I would say it will have a similar time line as the PAKFA in induction. Gotta see if they make it fly and release that by next month.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Fcukingly Impressive. A single piece glass canopy. Would love to see that on the LCA.

Are there any good close up shots of the canopy?

But I would love to comment on the J-20 only after I see it fly. If the Russians were indeed involved in the development then I would say it will have a similar time line as the PAKFA in induction. Gotta see if they make it fly and release that by next month.
guy, are you really so naive to believe that Russian will help CHinese with Chinese 5G project while Russians are hawking their PAKFA to China?.
are Russians really stupid to cut their own hands with their own knives?

badguy2000

Respected Member
Still a long way for Chine to go to make this bare-bone 5th gen fighter a reality.

1) You need a better engine than AL-31 to fly this not-so-slim fighter to at least have a thrust to weight ratio of 1 and for super cruise capability.
2) AESA radar is still a far reach for China as of yet.
3) You need modern and better avionics fit for a 5th gen fighter
4) Stealth is still not complete - bigger canards, larger size of the fighter and an engine wanting to be detected by IR sensors.
5) And finally you need start-of-the-art sensor fusion technologies for better self-awareness and I think China is nowhere near achieving this.
Till then 5th Gen fighter is not complete. I would say it will take at least 10-15 years to achieve all this.
points 2-5 are not problems to China as you said...in fact, radar, avionics and sensors are what China progress most rapidly .

In fact, lots of Chinese military experts express their belittling on Russian-made radar,avionics and sensors.
the only troublesome is engine.....

Pandora

Country flag
i thing this thing is flying somewhere else remember janes report ? 2 prototypes ase built ,this is one of them doing taxi trails. Can chinese member confirm me that if this place from where these photos is nearby any aerospace RnD Company like cengudu..

SpArK

SORCERER
points 2-5 are not problems to China as you said...in fact, radar, avionics and sensors are what China progress most rapidly .

In fact, lots of Chinese military experts express their belittling on Russian-made radar,avionics and sensors.
the only troublesome is engine.....
Hii.. just one doubt... why so secrecy about pics and videos and strict media control.. ?? Nobody is going to copy the design or anything... Then why???

Pandora

Country flag
Hii.. just one doubt... why so secrecy about pics and videos and strict media control.. ?? Nobody is going to copy the design or anything... Then why???
benny !thats there state policy ,none of our buisness... Btw did you observe the frontal nose of Mig 1.44 nd J20 ?

badguy2000

Respected Member
well, maybe because the glass of the car has not been broken yet.

But I am sure that videos can be seen in internet in weeks at most.

p2prada

guy, are you really so naive to believe that Russian will help CHinese with Chinese 5G project while Russians are hawking their PAKFA to China?.
are Russians really stupid to cut their own hands with their own knives?
Hmm. No. Russians are not hawking PAKFA, they are hawking Su-35BM because you want the engine.

The Russians will help you with the development for a simple reason, they are Russians. A lot of scientists and technicians are without jobs in Russia. They will go to where the money is. So, it is not Sukhoi, Mig or Saturn that is helping you. It will be the unemployed ones from Sukhoi, Saturn etc.

Anyway this is just a reference to Kunal's post with the picture of dressed up people. If you want to dismiss my post do it with facts or sound judgement rather than petty insults. The aircraft in the pics are completely different from the J-20. How about bringing that to light instead of calling names?

badguy2000

Respected Member
i thing this thing is flying somewhere else remember janes report ? 2 prototypes ase built ,this is one of them doing taxi trails. Can chinese member confirm me that if this place from where these photos is nearby any aerospace RnD Company like cengudu..
2 prototypes are both in Chengdu for taxi trials.....

But I think that the maiden flight in fact has been finished. all that are shown now are just a controled leak

badguy2000

Respected Member
Hmm. No. Russians are not hawking PAKFA, they are hawking Su-35BM because you want the engine.

The Russians will help you with the development for a simple reason, they are Russians. A lot of scientists and technicians are without jobs in Russia. They will go to where the money is. So, it is not Sukhoi, Mig or Saturn that is helping you. It will be the unemployed ones from Sukhoi, Saturn etc.

Anyway this is just a reference to Kunal's post with the picture of dressed up people. If you want to dismiss my post do it with facts or sound judgement rather than petty insults. The aircraft in the pics are completely different from the J-20. How about bringing that to light instead of calling names?
guy, at first, Russians were desperated to lobby China to "cooperate" Pakfak with Russia before the Pakfak started several years ago.......
After such proposal was refused by CHinese ,Russians medias still desperately imagined that Chinese will buy hundreds of pakfak just several weeks ago..

Pandora

Country flag

no!doubt there is significant russian help officially and non officially..but but thats only our excuses as we are unable to even start one thanks to our babus, switch on your t.v and see the mess,you think they prepared for anything besides next poll. If we could hires those mig corp scientists for our development ,am sure we also end up AMCA pretty soon. Russia to be honest has no accounts for its bekaar scientist and designers.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
guy, at first, Russians were desperated to lobby China to "cooperate" Pakfak with Russia before the Pakfak started several years ago.......
After such proposal was refused by CHinese ,Russians medias still desperately imagined that Chinese will buy hundreds of pakfak just several weeks ago..
Wow..where do you get such news. I think you get all such speculative rubbish news out of your 'you know where' place.
Why don't you post an article supporting that news?.

Pintu

http://livefist.blogspot.com/2010/12/indias-joint-defence-hq-orders-study-on.html

Thursday, December 30, 2010
India's Joint Defence HQ Orders Study On J-20

Two days before retiring from service, Air Marshal SC Mukul, the chief of India's Integrated Defence Staff (IDS) has instructed a Group Captain-rank officer at HQ IDS to prepare a report on the recently revealed Chinese stealth fighter prototype. The report will be India's official assessment of what, by all accounts, is a Chinese fifth generation platform. The study will, of course, rely mostly on open source material -- photographs, graphics, unofficial assessments -- on the J-20, though a source of mine indicates that the the officer entrusted with authoring the report will also take inputs from the IAF Directorate of Operations, the Directorate of Naval Aviation, the advanced projects and AMCA divisions of the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), the National Aerospace Laboratory (NAL), the Aircraft Research & Design Centre at HAL, apart from the R&AW. The report will be provided to the Indian Air Force and the office of the National Security Advisor. The HQ IDS orders studies on foreign weapon programmes as a matter of routine. These assessments, obviously remain classified though files on Pakistan's air force strength did leak in 2007.

badguy2000

Respected Member
would you like to make friends with the girl beside J20

well, some fanboys find that there is one girl standing beside J20 in the picture released recently....it is reported that she is the designer of cockpit internal structure of the bird.

would you want to make friends with her?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles