ISRO General News and Updates

Varahamihira

Country flag
There is a called rocket HLV in study by Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre capable of lifting nearly 10 tonnes to GTO and 20-25 tonnes to LEO, discussed few months before on this thread with links and references. :)
Plus
We are operationalizing a mid heavy rocket of 6GTO/13LEO capacity rocket this year and a 15 tonnes LEO capacity rocket till 2020.

We will see till 2019, because it's very recent that we operationalized. :biggrin2:
For SpaceX, they get help for NASA, so, ISRO will transfer tech to private companies. :p

There is a program run by ISRO for complete privatisation of light launches by 2020 by giving technology to private companie . By this, ISRO could be conducting 18-24 launches every year. Heavy Rockets will be operationalized in next decade.

For comparison with space X,
There is a private company called Bellatrix Aerospace working on a PSLV like rocket called Garuda, (comparable to smallest version of ULV).
They will develop heavy rockets before expectations.
In an interview I think, Elon said by around 2025 he would put a man on Mars on a rocket that has a payload way heavier than Saturn V. So the payload is going to be minimum 100 tons.I don't see ISRO competing at that level and they shouldn't.A private player with full backing of ISRO(i.e.Govt) should take it.We shouldn't lose on future space mining race.
And the less said about these bombastic journos the better.Buggers can't even research properly.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
In an interview I think, Elon said by around 2025 he would put a man on Mars on a rocket that has a payload way heavier than Saturn V. So the payload is going to be minimum 100 tons.I don't see ISRO competing at that level and they shouldn't.A private player with full backing of ISRO(i.e.Govt) should take it.We shouldn't lose on future space mining race.
And the less said about these bombastic journos the better.Buggers can't even research properly.
But I also don't see any possibility for ISRO or SpaceX to make an SHLV rocket in 2025 or near future.
Otherwise, Iranians said in 2011, they will send humans in space in 2016 and will land on Moon in 2020.
An Iranian member called Sohiel bet me to overtake Indian program.
2016 is now, Iran is still stuck there(ISRO has moved much ahead). :biggrin2:
SpaceX launching SHLV in 2025 is too early to be realistic. :)

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
@Varahamihira Moreover, there is a concept of 100 tonnes LEO capacity LV in study since 2010, to be built after Manned Spaceflight (after HLV, the Cargo rocket like Delta IV to carry 20-25 tonnes to LEO(official)).
:p

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Cabinet apprised of MoU between ISRO, Canadian space agency
New Delhi: The union cabinet on Wednesday was briefed about the MoU between Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Canadian Space Agency (CSA) on cooperation in outer space, an official statement said.
"The union cabinet was apprised of the MoU between Department of Space, ISRO and Canadian Space Agency (CSA) on cooperation in the field of outer space," a cabinet communique said.
The MoU, signed in Ottawa on April 15, 2015, would lead to establishment of joint team, drawing members from ISRO and CSA, which will further work out the plan of action including examination and defining cooperative projects and the time-frame.
This will also provide opportunities for diverse research in the field of peaceful uses of space technologies.
IANS

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
ISRO resuming launch of earth observation satellites after 3 years
It will also launch 19 other smaller external satellites, including two from Indian universities.
Monday’s satellite launch will see the Indian Space Research Organisation’s resuming its Earth Observation (EO) satellite activity after a gap of around three years. The space agency has scheduled to fly Cartosat-2C, an Earth imaging satellite of sub-metre resolution and meant purely for the Armed Forces, on board the PSLV launcher on the morning of June 20. It will also launch 19 other smaller external satellites, including two from Indian universities.
In the period since 2013, seven navigation spacecraft and a few communication satellites dominated the domestic space scene, with the exception of the Indo-French SARAL and the weather satellite INSAT-3D of 2013.
About the long absence of EOs on their launch schedule, ISRO Chairman A.S. Kiran Kumar said, “The next four or five launches will be EO-based satellites. In the next one year, there will be three more in the Cartosat-2 series and one of them will be for civil use. Then you have Scatsat-1, Resourcesat-2A and Oceansat-3 [on the PSLV], Insat-3DR on the GSLV around August and others.” GISAT, a geo-imaging spacecraft of very high resolution and a higher orbit, is slated for 2018.
The upcoming EO (or remote sensing) satellites would be thee to four times more efficient than the older ones, providing sharper images of larger areas from about 600 km in space and repeat the view faster. They would provide far more data of ground situations than the older ones, as they would re-visit a location more frequently than before.
Technology edge
This was possible with the use of high-speed detection electronics components such as time delay integration devices, which would help to do continuous imaging of land areas. This was required for the country's crop forecasting and monitoring activities that need frequent observation and sharp images.
“We are trying to continuously improve spatial [sharpness] and temporal [repetitive] features of the next EOsats so that the various ongoing application activities get better inputs,” Mr. Kiran Kumar, who is Secretary, Department of Space, toldThe Hindu.
“We have defined the next generation series. They will all be brought in at appropriate times and will maintain continuity of data sets. Today we are talking of going up to 0.25 metres in resolution” on an upcoming Cartosat-2 spacecraft.
Functionally, he said there was no gap in remote sensing data for the country.
“The primary reason is our launch capacity. We wanted to quickly complete the navigation constellation [IRNSS] on priority. If you had put those satellites too far apart, the completion of the constellation would have got delayed beyond its useful life.”

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
ISRO receives NIQR-GKD Award for Outstanding Organisation
ISRO receives Award for Outstanding Organisation-2016 from National Institution for Quality & Reliability (NIQR) during 15th NIQR National Convention held at Chennai. As part of quality promotion activity NIQR recognises Organisations for their outstanding contribution to the practice of Total Quality in all their activities and gives away awards during the Convention.
ISRO was selected for its significant achievements and over all management, which would not have been possible, but for practice of total quality in their design, procurement, assembly and execution. The award was given in recognition of ISRO's major accomplishments like Mars Orbiter Mission, Launch Vehicle Services like PSLV, GSLV, launch of various earth observations and communication satellites, deployment of India's own Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) etc.,
About NIQR
National Institution for Quality and Reliability (NIQR), a world class professional Institution dedicated for promotion of Excellence in Quality with its Head Quarters at Chennai came into existence in 1987. The Institution has been playing a vital role in promoting Quality as a way of life in Indian Industry and Services organisations, organizing high quality programmes through workshops, seminars, conferences, consultancy services, publication of study materials and rewarding eminent people and organisations who have excelled with their outstanding performance in the practice of quality tools and techniques. NIQR is also playing a key role in National Quality Movement.
About the Convention
NIQR organizes the National Convention once in two years, with themes that reflect contemporary needs and aspirations of the Country. The 15th NIQR National Convention was co-organised by Quality Council of India (QCI) held during June 10-11, 2016, with a theme "Skill India for Sustainable Global Quality".
The award consists of a citation and a plaque.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
jeff bezos is uselessly drawn into these topics.. his rocket is big joke.. and ISRO can not keep pace with elon musk because he has heavier class rockets - falcon 9 and falcon heavy (in development) .. our no rocket cant match these two .
ISRO only has edge in launching smaller payloads .while spacex target heavier and bulkier loads..

like spacex india should also make private org that can take care of lauches taking this burden away form our scientists so they can do actual science work and have more time to think R&D ,make plans and explore universe..
Do you know that space X is rattled by low cost launch by ISRO and has demanded that ISRO launch of US satellites should be banned?

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Its not space x, its the entire association of satellite launchers.
OK but I read a news or see a video that space X is rattled by ISRO's low cost launch. They have urged US government to ban the launches by ISRO. Now imagine what shall happen when ISRO shall use air breathing engine, Semi crayo, Cryo , scramjet and reusable engine combo in launching satellite. I think they will commit suicide.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
OK but I read a news or see a video that space X is rattled by ISRO's low cost launch. They have urged US government to ban the launches by ISRO. Now imagine what shall happen when ISRO shall use air breathing engine, Semi crayo, Cryo , scramjet and reusable engine combo in launching satellite. I think they will commit suicide.
Let them. We shouldn't be bothered about that. ISRO should continue doing what they are and GOI should continue to support them.

Akask kumar

There is a private company called Bellatrix Aerospace working on a PSLV like rocket called Garuda, (comparable to smallest version of ULV).
i just checked thoer site.. nice for the info. the Bellatrix Aerospace looks in its infacy.. but better late than never.. only similairty is that both of them are private space org.. thats all.. it will take time to develop..
Do you know that space X is rattled by low cost launch by ISRO and has demanded that ISRO launch of US satellites should be banned?
ya i know.. american dont like to see 3rd world developing countries like us minting money.. ISRO has advantage in launching low payloads coz there are no competitors plus their launches are economical ..
SO they must have asked spacex to focus on smaller payloads ,which they will ..But India will check mate them with RLV-TD.. so the niche of lower .lighter satellite will be dominated by ISRO in coming decades dnt worry.
But as far as heavier load is concerned we are no match with space x..
for instance..
FALCON HEAVY -- can lauch 50+ tonnes of payload in LEO..and they will complete it very soon
our no currrent and proposed rocket are near to even half of that weight..
Thats why i say they are way ahead of ISRO.
i also feel its wrong to compare both of them because our scientist do actual science than just lauching thing in space..lke remoe sensing, studying universe much more..

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Symposium / Conference / Workshop
Make in India Conference
Make in India Conference on Enabling Spacecraft Systems Realization through Industries (ESSRI) 2016 on June 23, 2016 at ISRO Satellite Centre, Bengaluru.
more...
Bengaluru Space Expo (BSX) 2016
Bengaluru Space Expo (BSX) 2016 during 1-3 September 2016 at BIEC Bengaluru, INDIA.
more...
ISRS-ISG National Symposium 2016
IIRS is celebrating year 2016 as its Golden Jubilee year after completing its 50 glorious years in capacity building. The National Symposium and Annual Conventions of ISRS and ISG, the premier professional society dedicated to promotion and dissemination of Remote Sensing & GIS in India will be organised during December 7-9, 2016 at IIRS, Dehradun.
more...

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
PSLV-C34/Cartosat-2 Series Satellite Launch Mission:
This mission, along with Cartosat, it carries, 8 different payloads, 6 from international customers and 2 from India. Read all about this on the page-5 from the brochure. (Download the brochure: http://www.isro.gov.in/pslv-c34/pslv-c34-brochure)

University/Academic Institute Satellite from India:

SATHYABAMSAT [Chennai]
SWAYAM [Pune]

International Customer Satellite:

LAPAN-A3 [Indonesia]
BIROS [Germany]
M3MSat [Canada]
SkySat Gen-2 [USA]
GHGSat-D [Canada]
Dove Satellite [USA]
IMG_20160616_154715.JPG

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
PSLV-C34 - ISRO
India’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, in its thirty sixth flight (PSLV-C34), will launch the 727.5 kg Cartosat-2 series satellite for earth observation and 19 co-passenger satellites together weighing about 560 kg at lift–off into a 505 km polar Sun Synchronous Orbit (SSO). PSLV-C34 will be launched from the Second Launch Pad (SLP) of Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR, Sriharikota on June 22, 2016 at 09:25 hrs (IST). It will be the fourteenth flight of PSLV in ‘XL’ configuration (with the use of solid strap-on motors).
The co-passenger satellites are from USA, Canada, Germany and Indonesia as well as two satellites from Indian University/Academic Institute. The total weight of all the 20 satellites carried onboard PSLV-C34 is about 1288 kg.
PSLV-C34
Related News

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
CartoSat 2C has resolution at par with yank and chink SATs. :party:
@HariPrasad-1
May be yanks but I do not believe that shitty chinese are anywhere near us in satellite imaginary and earth observation.
i just checked thoer site.. nice for the info. the Bellatrix Aerospace looks in its infacy.. but better late than never.. only similairty is that both of them are private space org.. thats all.. it will take time to develop..

ya i know.. american dont like to see 3rd world developing countries like us minting money.. ISRO has advantage in launching low payloads coz there are no competitors plus their launches are economical ..
SO they must have asked spacex to focus on smaller payloads ,which they will ..But India will check mate them with RLV-TD.. so the niche of lower .lighter satellite will be dominated by ISRO in coming decades dnt worry.
But as far as heavier load is concerned we are no match with space x..
for instance..
FALCON HEAVY -- can lauch 50+ tonnes of payload in LEO..and they will complete it very soon
our no currrent and proposed rocket are near to even half of that weight..
Thats why i say they are way ahead of ISRO.
i also feel its wrong to compare both of them because our scientist do actual science than just lauching thing in space..lke remoe sensing, studying universe much more..
This like you produce you build a very very costly car but you do not build Nano. Most of the people can afford nano so when people do not have high amount of money than the costly car makers will parish. Small car maker will sustain.

http://**********/threads/china-still-playing-catch-up-in-satellite-imagery.278591/

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
May be yanks but I do not believe that shitty chinese are anywhere near us in satellite imaginary and earth observation.
No, they already have better satellite in orbit.
We will take at least 3-4 years (with GISAT series) to reach where they are today.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Can you please read the above link I posted? It is published in chinese news paper quoting chinese scientist. Nobody purchase their satellite images.
No, they already have better satellite in orbit.
We will take at least 3-4 years (with GISAT series) to reach where they are today.

indiatester

Country flag
Can you please read the above link I posted? It is published in chinese news paper quoting chinese scientist. Nobody purchase their satellite images.
Can't click the link. Shows up as http *******
Never mind... figured it out.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles