INS Vikrant Aircraft Carrier (IAC)

lookieloo

We still need proper official specs to decide its accurate size ..

Though its bigger than Vikramaditya ..
It appears to be about the same size (maybe a bit smaller). Of course, being designed from the ground-up as a carrier rather than a partial missile-cruiser, it will likely have significantly greater aviation capacity. I reckon it will take the concept of STOBAR further than it's ever been, and I'll be curious to see how it compares to CATOBAR ships of similar size.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

A MiG-29KUB from INAS 303 "Black Panthers" parked at the Shore-Based Test Facility (SBTF) ski-jump in Goa. The SBTF approximates the flight deck of INS Vikramaditya on land so that Navy pilots can practices launches and traps in relatively safer conditsion before moving on to actual carrier-based ops at sea. The facility is also expected to be instrumental in the development of the HAL N-LCA (Naval Tejas).

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
even if we decide to go for a 65000 ton carrier for iac2 and higher i think this 40000 ton vikrant's design can be modified for helicopter carrrier/amphibious assault ship some of which can be build in the next 2 decades.

muralidon924

Country flag
you can see the new images of vikrant on google maps i tried to upload picture but i coudn't
here is the latitude and longitude 9.957417,76.286605 just goolgle it and turn into satelite mode.
i think the construction of the deck is complete. :thumb:

nirranj

Country flag
you can see the new images of vikrant on google maps i tried to upload picture but i coudn't
here is the latitude and longitude 9.957417,76.286605 just goolgle it and turn into satelite mode.
i think the construction of the deck is complete. :thumb:
that one is Viraat in Refit. Google maps has not updated for a long period. this sat image was taken long back before the Vikrant launch event happened.

ramakrishna

The country's first aircraft carrier, INS Vikrant (R11) a Warrior of sea who made us victorious in 1971 was a Majestic class aircraft carrier of the Indian Navy.

She played a key role in enforcing the naval blockade on East Pakistan during the Indo-Pakistan War of 1971. This Ship has decommissioned in 1997 and preserved as Museum .

Indian Navy Admiral declared that they are going sell this Legendary Ship in Auction in this month... they took this decision just because they are unable to bear the cost of its maintenance and that too they are going to sell it for Rs 3.1 Cr.. Are Indian Armed Forces facing such Crisis ?? Unable to maintain some historical Ships...!!

Few gets confused with the Name , INS Vikrant R11 is Hercules. class ACC Bought from United Kingdom in 1957. Upon her completion in 1961, she was commissioned as the first aircraft carrier of the Indian Navy. After a distinguished service, she was decommissioned in January 1997.

The Present INS Vikrant (2013) Is Indigenous ACC..

Guys what should be done Exactly with the INS Vikrant R11 , I Strongly say we need to continue it as a Museum or a Training Platform for New Naval Pilots

feathers

Tihar Jail
Banned
Indian Navy have to modernize and protect the Indian shores .

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles