Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
So as we all know our SF modernization is going kind of meh (slow)...i have just out of curiosity made this about making our SF guys more modern and better equiped overall.

So here the list goes,

1.COMBAT OVERALL

So now there are a few comapny who started taking inputs from SF Operators about making these Tactical Combat Shirts and Pants more user friendly and usable as we know from a previous thread here.

I don't know but these Ranger Green Combat Apparel looks damn cool😈, however this have a little to no usability in our condition.

Or everyone's Favourite Multicam:-

Mind you these are Crye G3 All Weather Combat overall ( the Gucciest Gucci stuff out there ), so don't think the GOI gonna buy them anyway...But there are many cheaper options built like these.

2.PLATE-CARRIER

There are many local comapnies which make good quality plate-carriers (MKU, SMPP etc).

This one is a Crye Precission JPC (Jumpable Plate Carrier)

3.TACTICAL BOOTS

The newer one needs to be rugged yet lightweight, that will make the operator's life easier while climbing a steep mountain.

These are the MERRELL Tactical boots prefered by the US SOF Soldier.

4.HELMET

These are MKU HCBHs in Black.

5.PRIMARY WEAPON

As we all wishes to see our Operators with a modern AR-15 based rifle with all the necessary attachments , we also know that there's still some time for this becoming a reallity.

Something like this;

H&K isn't a possibilty though,

Still in couple of years we maybe getting those SCARs, which also can be a very good option though,

This is the SCAR-L

This is the SCAR-H DMR/BR Variant

Or if any local manufacturer ( SSS 😉) starts developing an AR-15 based Rifle of their own,if i dare to say that...
Something like this Mk18 poissibly,

6.SIDEARM

We already have combat proven Glock-17,19s and a plethora of various good sidearm in our arsenal so no need to bother here,

632947jpg 2562x1695

7.NODs

Everybody wants these Quad Tubes (BNVD-P) from Tonbo;

View attachment 49593

If they aren't possible, or let's say they are too expensive for the MOD then atleast those Dual tube NODs from Tonbo or any other manufacturer

View attachment 49594

8.POUCHES & ACCESSORIES

A good three mag pouch with retention system so mag don't fall off.

A duty belt with Sidearm Holster, Pistol & Primary Weapon mag holder with retention system and IFAK.

View attachment 49595

And various other Carrier set-up items like Hand Grenade Pouch, Radio Pouch, Other accessories Pouch, Rucksack as well.

9.EAR PROTECTION

Either the not so expensive $700 Peltor Comtac III Tactical Communicatin Headset

Or the $1500 king of Tactical Headsets "THE OPS CORE AMP"

These Headsets require a Push-To-talk (PTT) device in order to connect with the radio,

Somethinng like this,

10.RADIO

As the DRDO recently made those SDRs successfully,in a few months they will start to come into the individual operators hand. They will/must have the support to attach Ear Pro to them with a Push-To-Talk system as well (let's hope so)

In picture the Harris L3Harris Falcon III® AN/PRC-152A Wideband Networking Handheld Radio

View attachment 49596

11.TACTICAL GLOVES

Tactical Gloves with knuckle protection & safety from fire as well.

Jeez...That was fun.
Yup it was, one can always dream . Continuing in the same vein, what would it take to equip each of our SF like below in the next 5 years (max) ?
If the current pace of modernisation and adhoc 'emergency' purchases methodology continues, I suppose never !

RoyalMarineCommando.jpeg

Waanar

Country flag
The best question is always ..Sir which weapons do you use in SF?

If i was there i would have said...Maiyy research karke ati? Wikipedia naam suna he?
The best interview I ever saw was a very lackluster one on YouTube with CRPF QAT's members, so not exactly special forces, but relevant nonetheless.

The lady surely didn't know too much about technical military terminology but she kept at it even when the men tried to subtly evade the questions regarding past operations, unit history, citations and capabilities.

Any lurking defence journalist, please note: THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE!

Last edited:

Rohan Naik

Country flag
The best interview I ever saw was a very lackluster one on YouTube with CRPF QAT's members, so not exactly special forces, but relevant nonetheless.

The lady surely didn't know too much about technical military terminology but she kept at it even when the men tried to subtly evade the questions regarding past operations, unit history, citations and capabilities.

Any lurking defence journalist, please note: THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE!
all this while I tried to portray victor's sketch in my mind.. What a gem he must be not only for his family but for his company's buddies. Proud

rkhanna

Country flag

The outer 4 are rapelling ? And the upside down are slithering . The outside 4 have rope bags on their legs and exiting from both sides of the help simultaneously.

The first time I am seeing this rapelling in India let alone a hybrid set up. Guess some new tactics are being developed.

Most slithering you will notice is a one at a time exfil from a helo

armyofhind

Country flag
The outer 4 are rapelling ? And the upside down are slithering . The outside 4 have rope bags on their legs and exiting from both sides of the help simultaneously.

The first time I am seeing this rapelling in India let alone a hybrid set up. Guess some new tactics are being developed.

Most slithering you will notice is a one at a time exfil from a helo
I've seen this with GROM where the entire chalk of 6 men exit at once from the Heli.

I guess it's too reduce time on target for the Heli, thus making it less vulnerable.

Tuco

Country flag
So auto ballistic correction is before shooting the round right, not like DARPA's guided round.
Yup, DARPA round is still in development. The electronics required for such a project, the miniature actuators required that are able to withstand the G's and other sensors in such a small package it gives me chills when I think of their capabilities.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
The best question is always ..Sir which weapons do you use in SF?

If i was there i would have said...Maiyy research karke ati? Wikipedia naam suna he?
SF aspirants with zero knowledge of weapons used by SF.🤐
The only question which was something distantly related to SF was 'which wqs the toughest challenge in training', which he had tactically avoided. 🤐

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
SF aspirants with zero knowledge of weapons used by SF.🤐
The only question which was something distantly related to SF was 'which wqs the toughest challenge in training', which he had tactically avoided. 🤐
To everyone who is gonna interview SF and who is reading this..here is a cheat for your interview questions..try asking this..

1.Talk about why joined the Army.
2.Training days.
3.First unit and why SF?
4.SF probation experience and lessons.
5.Daily life in SF
6.Any operation experience that can be shared?
7.Lessons from SF for common citizens.
8.Future of SF.

And let them fucking talk..dont interrupt because anyway seeing the interviews posted in this thread i have got an idea that they dont know shit..so let them talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles