Indian Economy: News and Discussion

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Ambani refines crude in his largest refinery in the world which is then exported and brings in money for the country, aside from jobs provided.
Jio has revolutionized the telecoms market from what it was before.

Ambani's flaw is that he is a massive pussy in terms of investing in Govt-pasand sectors like electronics as compared to Tata, and burns money on his stupid family functions.
He also is pozzing the entire Supermarket sector thanks to Biyani going bankrupt during wuhan virus times.

Adani mainly builds and runs ports and other infrastructure, recently he's also into solar panel manufacturing right from the ingot level.

You can continue forthing at the mouth like a Piddi though, none of the industrialists you have mentioned so anything to make India SeLf ReLiAnT, L&T is also an infrastructure building company similar to Adanis.
Where is Jio telecom equipment sourced from?

Crazywithmath

Country flag
I remember Ambani's interaction with Donald Trump. He proudly claimed to be the only major telecom operator with zero chinku tech in the core infra (whatever that is supposed to mean) and his response drew awe from Trump. Not sure about the specifics though.

I know that too, but if it isn't majorly made here, then what he said is correct. Ambani is being a dalal.
Please keep in mind that Ambanis and Adanis are your typical baniyas through and through; they aren't innovators. I used to blast them before but I have stopped giving a crap since Adani won those defence contracts. If the system rewards mediocrity why would anyone innovate?

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I remember Ambani's interaction with Donald Trump. He proudly claimed to be the only major telecom operator with zero chinku tech in the core infra (whatever that is supposed to mean) and his response drew awe from Trump. Not sure about the specifics though.
I know that too, but if it isn't majorly made here, then what he said is correct. Ambani is being a dalal.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
These Ambanis and Adanis are like Middle-Men, can't do honest work. Spends money on stupid shit instead of r&d. They didn't bring anything to table to make India a more Self-Reliant interms of Technology unlike Industrialists i.e Tatas, Jindals, Godrejs and especially L&T which is a gem. They just fucking turn on the business switch. The Refinery Equipment /Telecom Equipment is brought from others. The Refineries/Telecom Infra is also built by others. The Oil is again not theirs. They are just the "Middlemen" whom can be seen in every fucking country. Recently L&T has been winning many Projects outside India to build "Stuff". Even Lazy erstwhile Industrialist Origin companies like Tata, Mahindra have been making some exports. This guy and his company with the plethora of money just drain all that money in gutter weddings and shit.
should have checked reliance industries patents...

shade

Country flag
He originally built the Jio 4G network with Samsung parts through a YUGE contract.
Airtel and Voda/Idea using the chinku maal from Huawei and ZTE because it's cheap and Chinki EXIM bank are very generous with the loans they give to buy this maal and the interest rates.

Ericsson and Nokia are the main telecom vendors but they are too expensive for a razor margin country like India, can't charge people $60 per month for internet even though telco lalajis wish to, so the Chinku came in.

Samsung and NEC are bit players in the telecom gear market.

Anyway today you have Samsung doing this

Samsung originally, now Ericsson and Nokia also, no telco makes it's own gear though.

shade

Country flag
Please keep in mind that Ambanis and Adanis are your typical baniyas through and through; they aren't innovators. I used to blast them before but I have stopped giving a crap since Adani won those defence contracts. If the system rewards mediocrity why would anyone innovate?
They are, unless there's big moneys with no/minimal risk they won't bother, it's the reason they haven't got into ESDM or into semiconductors, only recently both are into green energy because that's where they smell the money coming from.

Psacha1234

Country flag
Wow, Options trading is booming in India and eclipsed US by a huge margin!

Are we also having a lot of degen gamblers trying to get-rich-quick Yoloing 0DTE options? :rofl: Any traders with any insights on this?

Jokes aside, I don’t think retail traders in India have this kind of money to gamble. These are probably ‘big money’ betting huge on India and should be taken as a very positive sign.
Of course there will be large number of bearish bets given we have elections but the overall P/C ratio should be extremely bullish.

1714858402976.png

SKC

Country flag
These are kind of useless comparisons!

in 2010 China was already a manufacturing powerhouse and global factory for the whole world. They had market and business use case.
We were nowhere near them back then and still quite far back!

What are this comparison going to do? Did you not know these things earlier and only now you are realizing that China is second largest economy of the world?

shade

Country flag
Enginijjers don't "make" those.
Xiaomeme like most other companies outsource those to ESDM or other contract manufacturing companies
Perhaps for certain categories they just rebrand and resell.

This includes PCBs which maybe sourced from a 3rd company altogether, not the CM company.
The pajeet in the tweet doesn't know this, Xiaomi is a brand, their strength is not in manufacturing but in marketing, and he compares them to PCB manufacturers :bplease:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
"Apax acquired Healthium in 2018. The medical device company says it has a presence in more than 90 countries and its products are used in one-in-five surgeries globally."

KKR to Acquire Indian Medical Device Maker Healthium From Apax
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...dian-medical-device-maker-healthium-from-apax
And is now sold to foreign funds. Am I thinking too much or our liberal FDI policies are leading to sale of all our successful startups to foreign owners.
We should question ourselves as to why our own electronics industry is limited to assembling foreign maal instead of domestic prototyping and brand building. Chinks took all our smartphone, and most of the electronics segments because there it is much easier to source components for prototyping and R&D and along with their state sponsored industrial overcapacity, they're able to wipe out industries elsewhere around the globe.

shade

Country flag
And is now sold to foreign funds. Am I thinking too much or our liberal FDI policies are leading to sale of all our successful startups to foreign owners.

We should question ourselves as to why our own electronics industry is limited to assembling foreign maal instead of domestic prototyping and brand building. Chinks took all our smartphone, and most of the electronics segments because there it is much easier to source components for prototyping and R&D and along with their state sponsored industrial overcapacity, they're able to wipe out industries elsewhere around the globe.
Smartphone and computer markets are sealed, you cannot match the price at which they sell, and nobody will invest in hardware either as compared to a turd Powered by AI.

If you want to compete it has to be in greenfield sectors like TWS, Thats what (((boAt))) does, they are a (((brand))) but they're mainly an import-n-sell operation, even assembly in India is done rarely.

There is this other trend of your foreign brand walas having an autistic reliance on specific suppliers of the slit-eyed and bat-munching variety, now these suppliers have to setup shop in India and produce the components, local Indian firms are not prefered by brand walas( think Apple ), chinku is love, chinku is life.

So the only option is for Indians to work in chinku component manufacturer's shop, then rejine and start his own business where he does the same component manufacturing but for much cheaper at the same quality, this is how chinku did it with Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese etc foreign suppliers in ancient times.

shade

Country flag

Kese kese chutiye bhare pade hain
This is written by some chutiya patrakar, don't know if he's an IIM student or not.
It was an article, i remember reading it and doing lol what.

If the govt wanted muh jobs they could just open a few chaddiy-baniyan stitching factories, but their objective is to get the semiconductor mfg ecosystem to migrate here, even if it's only OSAT/ATMP for starters.

shade

Country flag
This is the original article, the patrakar is from (((NewsClick))) so you can connect the dots

This is what the twitter wala was complaining about, poster is a Bong, from Jadavpur Uni before IIM Lucknow :bplease:

jai jaganath

Country flag
This is written by some chutiya patrakar, don't know if he's an IIM student or not.
It was an article, i remember reading it and doing lol what.

If the govt wanted muh jobs they could just open a few chaddiy-baniyan stitching factories, but their objective is to get the semiconductor mfg ecosystem to migrate here, even if it's only OSAT/ATMP for starters.
Even I am not sure but the same traits I have experienced from 35lpa MBA guy
And I was like WTF

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles