Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Blademaster

Daily reminder, after 7 years of the next PM according to the RW, Yogijis rule, 0 greenfield industrial parks have been set up outside Noida. This is a state with more population than the entire south or west combined.
This is misleading info. In order to set up the industrial parks, he has to set up the infrastructure first. You cannot skip over crucial steps and expect things to work.

Blademaster

RW gets happy over RW politics, and in the name of "development" they have the copium of "muh expressways" ready. Building expressways alone doesn't bring industrialisation, making industrial infra along them does.
You need to start with basic infrastructure first to get anything going. It is not the fault of Yogi when for 20 years before Yogi was in power, it was jungle raj.

notaname

Country flag
RW gets happy over RW politics, and in the name of "development" they have the copium of "muh expressways" ready. Building expressways alone doesn't bring industrialisation, making industrial infra along them does.
And liberals in India can't even do that. :pound: :pound:

On a serious note, Infrastructure is first requirement for any industry without infra nobody will setup shop anywhere, you can't will not open a shop in Jungle, will you? Where you can't even find a way to bring the goods.

thebakofbakchod

This is misleading info. In order to set up the industrial parks, he has to set up the infrastructure first. You cannot skip over crucial steps and expect things to work.
What rubbish. Stop making excuses for this complete sham deblepment. The expressways built by UPEIDA have already been operational for a few years. The ALE opened in 2017. What stopped them from building new IPs along the expressway?? Just look at the satellite images of the alignment. It is still 250km of never ending villages and towns that look worse than bombed out mogadishu

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
You need to start with basic infrastructure first to get anything going. It is not the fault of Yogi when for 20 years before Yogi was in power, it was jungle raj.
Its already the 7th year of Yogi
And yes I agree we need to build basic infra, but 'first'? I disagree.

You'll have to build industrial parks alongside them at the same time.
And liberals in India can't even do that. :pound: :pound:

On a serious note, Infrastructure is first requirement for any industry without infra nobody will setup shop anywhere, you can't will not open a shop in Jungle, will you? Where you can't even find a way to bring the goods.
What librandus can or can't do isn't the point of discussion. Being better than a dumbo isn't a high standard, is it?

There are already many operational expressways in UP, they aren't building industrial parks around them.
Else you'll be stuck in an endless loop of expressway building and still saying basic infra isn't laid.

Blademaster

What librandus can or can't do isn't the point of discussion. Being better than a dumbo isn't a high standard, is it?

There are already many operational expressways in UP, they aren't building industrial parks around them.
Else you'll be stuck in an endless loop of expressway building and still saying basic infra isn't laid.
Where is the moolah? When Yogi took over there were little cash in the register because of all the looting done in the past. You have to pick and choose. Just give Yogi a bit more time. You are so impatient expecting things to crop up in a day. Rome wasn't built in a day. Look at Bihar. Nitin has done shit diddly squat. No infrastructure or industry.

Just be fricking patient man.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
But again after the study, it’s a pretty decent job, once you know how things work life gets easy, back in late 2008 I was well qualified and the guy who took my interview in ahmedabad was dumb as hell, I even pointed out his dumb questions he was asking to me to his boss, too many dumb people during that time some how climbed the ladder and were not letting people who actually new how to make things work, something that still exists in all the big oil firm in canada as well.

don’t know how things are back in India now, but in tech here it’s pretty good.
In India, incomes have increased sharply, more paved roads and more 4 wheelers are common with usually illiterate people being rare to find.

That's all.

thebakofbakchod

>
ReNew Power, a Nasdaq listed Global Renewable Energy company, has expressed interest to invest $2.2 billion (₹18,000 crore ) to set up one of the largest metallurgical grade silicon, polysilicon and ingot-wafer manufacturing units in Nagpur.

Lets see if this takes place or remains on paper. Renew is one of those companies which signs MoUs with every other state. Will be big for Nagpur if it gets built.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Daily reminder, after 7 years of the next PM according to the RW, Yogijis rule, 0 greenfield industrial parks have been set up outside Noida. This is a state with more population than the entire south or west combined.
i suppose this is an attempt at economy thread version of "did you stop beating your wife?".

if the industry wants a green field industrial park in a particular geography, they will ask for it.

Industrial area plot allocation, for investors to buy in industrial areas under state govt.

Screenshot 2023-06-24 at 11.04.36 AM.png

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag

Plans are underway.

More up to date info here at the UPSIDA website:

Plenty of things are happening.

psacha123

Country flag
Big money coming into India. Good to see some double digit billion investments. Total $36bn by 2030 from AMZN and GOOGL alone.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Big money coming into India. Good to see some double digit billion investments. Total $36bn by 2030 from AMZN and GOOGL alone.

That google investment is in digitisation fund only, investments in other things would be additionally made.

Global Defence

Articles