Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
What is the reason for such high rate of GST, shouldn't we rationalize the slab to flat 5, 10 and at max 15% for white goods? On top of it the number of layers and definitions to be applied for different products is such a headache... Problem with Indian laws has always been implementation on ground level difficulty to understand such weird complex laws ... Makes hindrance to compliance in most cases.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
What is the reason for such high rate of GST, shouldn't we rationalize the slab to flat 5, 10 and at max 15% for white goods? On top of it the number of layers and definitions to be applied for different products is such a headache... Problem with Indian laws has always been implementation on ground level difficulty to understand such weird complex laws ... Makes hindrance to compliance in most cases.
GST slabs were arrived at by combining state and central taxes in pre GST regime. This was revealed by Arun Jetaly in Parliament.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
GST slabs were arrived at by combining state and central taxes in pre GST regime. This was revealed by Arun Jetaly in Parliament.
I understand that but doesn't change the fact it's a stupid implementation of it.

fooLIam

The reason for taxes is because of mammoth government spending. Eliminate the IAS and you can cut the tax bill drastically. Thesis: IAS is bad. A drain. Has existed since pre-Independence and look where we are. Antithesis: Protests because people like IAS. Synthesis (compromise): We will disinvest some IAS agencies because they are redundant. Net: IAS loses some funding, the "redundant" agencies are privatized, taxes can come down, overall efficiency goes up.
Eliminate Ias 🤣
Seats have been reduced in recent years. But you know what they have included one more institution in the umbrella of ICS(civil service exam) that is railway, restructuring what was previously happens to IRSE ,IRSME(nor that they were any better) Like so for every Engg. Branch into IRSME. For which they hired foreign consultant machazie or something like that.

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
Slowly we are moving away from aaahhhemmm -- Russi UKI war doing some good in our domestic banking and payment systems

TATA Group To Compete With Google Pay, Phone Pe, And Paytm With Its Own UPI App

The Tata Group is in negotiations with private lender ICICI Bank to power its UPI infrastructure through its digital commerce business Tata Digital.

The Tata Group has applied to the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) for permission to join the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) as a third-party payment service provider for digital payments. Tata Digital, the Tata Group's digital commerce subsidiary, is in negotiations with ICICI Bank to use its UPI infrastructure

When coping with high transaction volumes, UPI apps choose to collaborate with many banks to spread the burden. GooglePay, for example, accepts UPI from the State Bank of India, HDFC Bank, and ICICI Bank. Tata Digital and ICICI Bank did not respond to emails made to them. NPCI's spokeswoman did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Tata Digital has established a new financial marketplace firm, Tata Fintech, in January to provide a variety of financial goods, including a retail payment gateway.

SEE ALSO: Nepal To Soon Receive UPI Services From India: All You Need To Know

TATA Group To Compete With Google Pay, Phone Pe, And Paytm With Its Own UPI App - Tech (mashable.com)

UPI KT SESSION FOR MEMBERS IF NEEDED

The Saffron Knight

Country flag

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

The Saffron Knight

Country flag
Price will be too high I feel
Ya and we also don't have the required infrastructure in place for refueling these Hydrogen fuel cell cars.

And the Green hydrogen production capacity also has to be increased significantly.

In future our diesel & petrol cars may get replacement with ethanol, electric, & hydrogen fuel cell cars.

Physx32

Country flag

Bharatmala phase-1 which was supposed to be completed by 2022 will be delayed till 2027. Of course the blame is on China virus. I'm sure someone here will explain how 2 years of covid has delayed the project by 5 years and everything's fine. This progress is with Gadkari pushing and literally humiliating NHAI and MoRTH babus publicly for non-performance. So NHAI will take 10 years to build some substandard highways and ECs totalling only 35k km.:clap2:
"Covid" is the now the main reason for everything that's been delayed (things which were started before 2019). Wonder what excuses they would've given had the pandemic not struck. IAS babus are truly best giving excuses (that's why their selection is so difficult).
and i am seeing under ground electricity cabling in my area, sewage treatment plant a few km from my house, free-internet towers near by.

allow me to speed up the learning curve.
These are things which I've seen since I was born in my city. Calling these projects as "smart City" is very misleading. They should've used a better name for this project.
Price will be too high I feel
Staring price of Mirai is about $51k. So it'll probably start from 75-80 lakhs here.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
GIFT City Updates
Its a failed project, no need to have high hopes from this joke.

Bharatmala phase-1 which was supposed to be completed by 2022 will be delayed till 2027. Of course the blame is on China virus. I'm sure someone here will explain how 2 years of covid has delayed the project by 5 years and everything's fine. This progress is with Gadkari pushing and literally humiliating NHAI and MoRTH babus publicly for non-performance. So NHAI will take 10 years to build some substandard highways and ECs totalling only 35k km.:clap2:

"Covid" is the now the main reason for everything that's been delayed (things which were started before 2019). Wonder what excuses they would've given had the pandemic not struck. IAS babus are truly best giving excuses (that's why their selection is so difficult).

These are things which I've seen since I was born in my city. Calling these projects as "smart City" is very misleading. They should've used a better name for this project.

Staring price of Mirai is about $51k. So it'll probably start from 75-80 lakhs here.
Ethanol production is more important for Gadkari

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles