Indian Economy: News and Discussion

vishnugupt

Country flag
36% students from latest batch at IIT Bombay fail to get placed

I studied under Banayan Tree till 12th class still managed to get job.

These students need to open barber shop or work as plumbers rather blaming others all the time.

omaebakabaka

These students need to open barber shop or work as plumbers rather blaming others all the time.
IITians now are not the same as my batch.....they go through intense bootcamp to get in and most end up in MBA or some bullshit nonsense after that instead of pursuing the depths of their discipline....thats why I am never impressed with a brand. I give it overweight....

omaebakabaka

Genrally I don't read or give much thought to anything coming from western media or RT but this author did a good job instead of general regurgitiating rinse repeat nonsense in 2 sentences as he can't seem to write more than couple of good sentences to expand his premise....reading this reflected very real trend from ancient to current that anyone can relate if they keep an open mind....common sense is the best gift to observe most things in general.

https://www.rt.com/business/594432-financialization-death-empires/

srevster

Country flag
If you get 1 lakh per month, your savings rate will exceed $243 dollars per month.

slayingheaven

Country flag
IITians now are not the same as my batch.....they go through intense bootcamp to get in and most end up in MBA or some bullshit nonsense after that instead of pursuing the depths of their discipline....thats why I am never impressed with a brand. I give it overweight....
No connection between Industry and Academia. Everyone in my Core branch chugs IT koolaid. Studying before a week and passing exams. Everything is watered down so much for a IIT that too Top 5 IIT's core branch.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
No connection between Industry and Academia. Everyone in my Core branch chugs IT koolaid. Studying before a week and passing exams. Everything is watered down so much for a IIT that too Top 5 IIT's core branch.

When did exists first?

I will tell my experience for Internship in Industry. They are Power Steering Pump Suppliers and their product is basically an acquired Blueprints from an defunct Chinese company. The company can do manufacturing of that blueprint. But they don't able to understand the working principle of that pump parameters. Now we went to IIIT chaps for support but the issue is they themselves never worked on Industrial applications. (These are from Department of Mech with Fluid specialization). These becomes a challenge for them also. Only thing we were able to do is to able to find an Korean Research Paper which somehow done an extensive research on Power Steering Pump design. Those papers were Published by Professors with Korean company sponsorship. We just shared that paper asked them for some further testing which never moved forward. (We are also shit on that and company don't have time to do R&D bakchodi)

We still needs to go a long way to that level of interactions. We are in Baby steps. Eg. DRDO projects with IIT Kanpur, Caterpillar Research centre in IIT Madras. IISc NAL, HAL , ADA projects.

Private colleges and universities were joke except some reputed colleges like BITS.

jai jaganath

Country flag

Sir
This time placement scenario is very worse
For getting IT sector even MBA grads from reputed colleges are facing the heat
Layoffs everywhere
Very difficult for freshers to get jobs
Hopefully next year things get better

slayingheaven

Country flag
When did exists first?

I will tell my experience for Internship in Industry. They are Power Steering Pump Suppliers and their product is basically an acquired Blueprints from an defunct Chinese company. The company can do manufacturing of that blueprint. But they don't able to understand the working principle of that pump parameters. Now we went to IIIT chaps for support but the issue is they themselves never worked on Industrial applications. (These are from Department of Mech with Fluid specialization). These becomes a challenge for them also. Only thing we were able to do is to able to find an Korean Research Paper which somehow done an extensive research on Power Steering Pump design. Those papers were Published by Professors with Korean company sponsorship. We just shared that paper asked them for some further testing which never moved forward. (We are also shit on that and company don't have time to do R&D bakchodi)

We still needs to go a long way to that level of interactions. We are in Baby steps. Eg. DRDO projects with IIT Kanpur, Caterpillar Research centre in IIT Madras. IISc NAL, HAL , ADA projects.

Private colleges and universities were joke except some reputed colleges like BITS.
Its Chicken and Egg problem. More so, when we are in Neo-Colonialism through IT bandwagon. Also its only recently we are seeing rise of Core Companies when we missed entire Industrialization. It will take time.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Sir
Layoffs everywhere
IT sector is down due to Russia Ukraine war and recession in Europe.

Every sector has its up and down. Things will surely change.

Unfortunately mostly Indians focus in Job rather than creating the jobs.

I have seen people who have good resources in Village but still they prefer to work in city merely for 30-40k salary.

Indians has developed a stigma around everything except jobs. if you have 20k salary job then you are better person than person who have 100 acres land in village.

I give you a very good example of mine. My father did BSc in 1980 and chose to be farmer and his friend become teacher... He used to say why you are stuck in mud. Search job somewhere.. leave village ( in a good manner, not in derogatory manner) but now my father has 3 time more property than his friend. My father take daily 12:00 -15:00 nap which we never had in our job life.

I mean, we will never be rich person if we stuck in jobs. Jobs is good for initial days to get enough money to start business.

Look at Gujarat where people study less and do business hard whereas in Bihar people study hard but hate business.

Sorry for long lecture.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Exporting the best of talent and skilled personnel cannot be considered as an achievement.

The economic loss caused by the loss of skilled labor and talented individuals far outweighs the remittance money earned.
That is of course a loss but they bring in 100 bn USD exchange every year and makes their family and Friends in India Prosperous.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Why getting Tesla in India is becoming a matter of pride and a battle between the states ?

Tesla is the most overhyped vehicle and that lavdya Elon is racists towards us. Stop increasing your BP ffs.
People are hyping over logic that initial assembly will force Tesla to do real manufacturing ops but Elon will definitely do nothing he will continue to import ckd/skd from China till eternity due to recent ev policy by so called nationalist govt

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Why getting Tesla in India is becoming a matter of pride and a battle between the states ?

Tesla is the most overhyped vehicle and that lavdya Elon is racists towards us. Stop increasing your BP ffs.
before mitsubishi, daewoo ,GM, hyundai came into Indian market, maruti, mahindra and tata took Indian customer for granted. then they had to up their game to compete/retain their market share.

omaebakabaka

IT sector is down due to Russia Ukraine war and recession in Europe.

Every sector has its up and down. Things will surely change.

Unfortunately mostly Indians focus in Job rather than creating the jobs.

I have seen people who have good resources in Village but still they prefer to work in city merely for 30-40k salary.

Indians has developed a stigma around everything except jobs. if you have 20k salary job then you are better person than person who have 100 acres land in village.

I give you a very good example of mine. My father did BSc in 1980 and chose to be farmer and his friend become teacher... He used to say why you are stuck in mud. Search job somewhere.. leave village ( in a good manner, not in derogatory manner) but now my father has 3 time more property than his friend. My father take daily 12:00 -15:00 nap which we never had in our job life.

I mean, we will never be rich person if we stuck in jobs. Jobs is good for initial days to get enough money to start business.

Look at Gujarat where people study less and do business hard whereas in Bihar people study hard but hate business.

Sorry for long lecture.
In current India, everything is frowned upon that deviates from the stupid group oriented thinking that typically leads to most unsuitable corners. Nothing productive will ever come out of this....forget innovation. One that that was super good about west was the individual pursuit which we lost centuries ago and now west also losing it.

DingDong

Country flag
36% students from latest batch at IIT Bombay fail to get placed

70-75% placement is the normal average at all the IITs, it has been like that since the time immemorial. Companies prefer fresh graduates over the others (M.TECH., B.SC, M.SC. etc).

Don't forget the reserved categories. 😜

Don't read too much into it.

tsunami

Country flag
Sir
Layoffs everywhere
The way it is going on right now it's only going to get worse from now. And being in IT industry myself this is painful as well as scary. Situation is really getting worse and I don't see any resolution to Ukraine war in next 2 years at least. Also de-dollarization is just increasing problems for IT industry to infinity. If USD prices goes down which many are predicting will start from next year. That will be real massacre for IT employees.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles