Indian Economy: News and Discussion

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Hmmm….looks like India is actually doing pretty well in growing the economy without polluting much. China and the US are doing terribly poorly.

Hari Sud

Country flag
Curious to know the underlying purpose of the US Treasury Secretary Ms Yellen’s visit to India. My guess is that US has decided to move away from allowing China to capture Global Supply Chain as they intend to do so. Once established, it is hard to pull out and relocate, hence they the US wish not to let China grab it. Whatever they the Chinese have got it will be slowly pulled out as is the case of Apple phone assembly. Next will be chip making. Taiwan, US and Japan will send middle end chip making (65nm to 30nm) to india. Ms Yellen’s visit, I believe is sorting out those issues. India itself intend to become a global textile centre in 5 years. Many other intermediate manufacturing centres will come into existence soon. All these need a huge amount of cash that only US can provide.

What do you think guys?

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Tech Layoff

1 . Meta - 11,000 13 percent

2 . Twitter - 3,700 50 percent

3 . Intel - 20 percent.

4 . Snap - 20 percent.

5 . Netflix - 450.

6 . Robinhood - 30 percent.

7 . Stripe, Lyft - 13 percent.

8 . Salesforce - 2,000.

9 . Amazon - 10,000

The 1,20,000 Layoffs. The 2000 01 dot com layoffs were 1,07,000. The Quarter 4 layoffs have just begun. A brutally cold tech winter is coming all over the world's.

Last edited:

Haldilal

Country flag
Luckily I am already experienced. I get 2-3 calls and multiple emails everyday, so maybe the hype about layoffs is overstated
Ya'll Nibbiars I don't get calls so the hype is real.

Last edited:

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Maharashtra's Slum Rehabilitation Authority, tasked with the redevelopment of The Dharavi at a cost of Rs 20,000 crore rupees, has received three bids for the rehabilitation and construction work.

Haldilal

Country flag
Haldi, Can you give details of BDD chawl worli redevelopment update ?
Ya'll Nibbiars The Computerised draw to allot tenements to eligible slum dwellers who are part of Worli BDD Chawl redevelopment was been held on Monday at Bandra.

The Randomized Allotment Tenement Numbering Program by computerised system in the proposed redevelopment building to be built under redevelopment to 322 eligible owners of buildings numbers 32, 33, 39, 40 in Worli BDD Chawl and Savli Building by the Mumbai Housing and Area Development Board of MHADA was been done at the MAHAD head office.

A high level monitoring committee has been constituted for the program of flat settlement. In the presence of this committee, lots will be drawn for determining the flat number for the eligible block holders. The Mumbai Housing and Area Development Board has appealed that the owners who want to attend this program must submit proof that they are tenement owners in the respective chawls.

Last edited:

AK047

Country flag
Why did our merchandize exports decreased?
Shouldn't be surprising considering the fact that exports tend to remain subdued during the month in which diwali holidays fall. Even in November 2021 and 2020 when diwali occurred, exports were lower than previous and following months. Especially this year proved to be double whammy with Puja holidays also occuring in last month. Plus with rupee falling to 83 and import restrictions on various commodities like iron ore, food grains and windfall taxes on crude oil things got worse. Infact iron ore exports were virtually zero last month. And finally export dependent countries like Bangladesh and China are also experiencing drop due to current global scenario although in India it was higher due to above reasons.

Rudra72930

So a member claimed that Vietnam & Bangladesh's exports grew in the last few months where as India's exports remain stuck. I tried to verify the data.

But what I found doesn't seem to back such a claim. Take a look.

Bangladesh's exports declined by 6.25 % in value. But what's more jarring is that the export value is just 3.9 billion $ out of which 85% is just garments. Seriously guys who are we considering with.

And then on checking Vietnam. The data is even more shocking.

India is doing way better comparatively in export sector wrt these two. And also just compare the volumes, it's not even fare.

Please do not take this personally 🙏. As a concerned citizen such negative news makes me sad. And going by past experiences, I like to double check data, before I needlessly become sad about it. 😅

Last edited:

blackleaf

Country flag
So a member claimed that Vietnam & Bangladesh's exports grew in the last few months where as India's exports remain stuck. I tried to verify the data.

But what I found doesn't seem to back such a claim. Take a look.

Bangladesh's exports declined by 6.25 % in value. But what's more jarring is that the export value is just 3.9 billion $ out of which 85% is just garments. Seriously guys who are we considering with.

And then on checking Vietnam. The data is even more shocking.

India is doing way better comparatively in export sector wrt these two. And also just compare the volumes, it's not even fare.

Please do not take this personally 🙏. As a concerned citizen such negative news makes me sad. And going by past experiences, I like to double check data, before I needlessly become sad about it. 😅
Those numbers are bad. Looks like there really is going to be a global recession.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles