Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Enthusiast 007

Country flag
India usually has doubled her GDP every 5-6 years, we'll end up quadrupling our GDP by 2032-2034. This is rather pessimistic.
India's GDP in 2014-2 trillion
India's GDP 2022-3.5 trillion

It will take one more year, i.e, 9 years to double to 4 trillion. So 8.5 trillion in 2032 is quite optimistic. Of course, now a change in base year would have some effect.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

The Maharashtra Goverment signed India's Largest Hydro Electric project in India, the 10,000 crore rupees, 2,700 MW Dam, at The Kolhapur.

The Maharashtra government signed an MoU worth 10,000 crore rupees for setting up energy project in the state. Now has received an in principle nod from the union environment ministry’s expert appraisal committee EAC for the 2,700 MW Patgaon pumped storage plant in the Kolhapur on river valley and hydroelectric projects.

An environmental impact assessment EIA and social impact assessment will be carried out to gauge the dam’s impact on the surrounding ecology and wildlife, and to identify the number of project affected persons in the 10 KMs radius of the dam. About 180 acres of land requirement will be diverted from existing forest areas.

The project site is located in the lower slope in the Western Ghats, and electricity generated here is proposed to be transported to substations in Kolhapur and Goa. The project will consist of two water reservoirs created at different elevations one of which the Patgaon Lake built by harnessing the Vedganga River in 1998, an east flowing tributary of the Krishna with a turbine between the two to generate power as water is discharged over it. The water will then be pumped back from the lower reservoir to the upper reservoir for future use.

The scheme will involve using the existing Patgaon Lake as upper reservoir with 105 MM3 as gross capacity. The lower reservoir in this project envisages construction of Concrete/Colgrout masonry dam with the maximum height of 57.5 m for short reach for creation of lower reservoir of 13.75 MM 3 gross capacity. The Patgaon PSH is proposed in between the two reservoirs. And the required quantum of water for power generation will get stored in the reservoir through seasonal flow of water, states a copy of the project’s pre feasibility report.

View attachment 180830
Ya'll Nibbiars And this would also be the most affordable dam by per wat production capacity as no new resovier would be built and instead two exiting Irrigations resovier would be utilized who's excess water had always gone waste. And also would be the World's Second largest Pump Hydro Electric Dam in the world.

And No Environmentalist as no new resovier is built or tree is being cut.
Ya'll Nibbiars I have fans everywhere.

Ya'll Nibbiars I want a raise.

Apparently everyone is copying my post and posting on the Twitter.

View attachment 180982

View attachment 180983

Ya'll Nibbiars and FYI if any one thinks that my Post on the Kolhapur Dam was a Disinformation, then No, It's almost 100 percent corrects and mostly Verifieds.

Hari Sud

Country flag

It will take one more year, i.e, 9 years to double to 4 trillion. So 8.5 trillion in 2032 is quite optimistic. Of course, now a change in base year would have some effect.
2014 till 2018 was the adjustment period. Then the high growth started except the pandemic year. High growth now continues. that $5 trillion is achievable by 2025. Doubling that will be achieved by 2032.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

India's GDP in 2014 was ₹106.57 trillion and average exchange rate in 2014 was ₹61 = $1 which makes India's GDP $1.7 trillion in 2014.

India's GDP in 2019 was ₹204.4 trillion with an average exchange rate of ₹70 = $1 = $2.92 trillion.

I guess you pulled up figures from World Bank but I'll ask you to surf some more, you'll find even more ridiculous GDP data of countries.

Hence I still stand corrected as India's GDP does become double every 5-6 years.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars and FYI if any one thinks that my Post on the Kolhapur Dam was a Disinformation, then No, It's almost 100 percent corrects and mostly Verifieds.
Ya'll Nibbiars The Three George's Dam costed 25 Billion Dollars Because, most of the Resovier, Conmpesations, Rehabilitation, Displacmenst and environmental rebuilding and the main structure costed only fraction of it's.

The Pump Hydro Electric Dams cost only fractions due to the less need of Larher resovier and less dsiplacment. That's why this is much more affordable than many previous projects, and With proper terrain and planning costed just a fraction of other dams.

And even The Worlds largest Pump Hydro Electric project in the Mleecahs Land cost just 2 billion dollars for 3,000 MWs station.

The Pump Hydro Electric Projects are on the Rise and the Future of the Green Energy along with the Nuclear.

And thats why many on the Twitter couldn't believe the News. And nkt surprising as most of the Hydro Electric Projects in the Kolhapr since the 1947 have been the Pump Hydro Electric Dams.

another_armchair

Country flag

US Dept of State Spox Ned Price on India's ties with Russia.
"India reaffirms that it stands against this war, it wants to see diplomacy, dialogue and an end to this war. It is important that the Russians hear that message from countries like India that have economic, diplomatic, social and political might.

"The messages we heard from Foreign Minister Jaishankar in Russia were not dissimilar in some ways from what we heard from PM Modi at the UN, when he made it very clear that this is not an era of war.

"Russia isn't a reliable source of energy and security assistance. It's not only in interest of Ukraine or of the region, that India decrease its dependence on Russia over time, but its also in Indias own bilateral interest, given what weve seen from Russia.

"We have sought to deepen our partnership with India in every sector, including economics, security ties and military cooperation as well."

Posting it here as US posturing turned more aggressive under Biden.

Russia is currently producing more than 8 million barrels of crude per day. Hard to imagine where crude will end up once EU sanctions kick in fully next month. EU and others are scrambling to sign long term contracts with the Middle East.

That would leave India and China as the biggest consumers of Russian crude. How will Russia guarantee safe supply of crude to India and China if Turkey and NATO turn hostile and start impounding ships transporting crude? Will we whine and do 'kadi ninda' as always?

Haldilal

Country flag
how is L&T’s ship building order book?
Ya'll Nibbiars weak extremely weak.

Perhaps they have plateaud with their R and D capability.

Our is their management in the shipbuilding department that bad?
Ya'll Nibbiars No new orders, bad market, PSUs competating at 70 percent of cost quoted even at the private tenders. The L & Ts shipyard has high overheads and less potential profits.

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles