Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Cheepek

Adani pledges the shareholding of recently acquired ACC & Ambuja. Meaning he will take new loans against the pledging and then go on buying more companies. Then pledge those shares to buy new companies. Doesn't it look like a Ponzi scheme
:crazy::notsure:
He pledged shares to take loan from which bank?

Kumata

Country flag
He pledged shares to take loan from which bank?

MUMBAI : Billionaire Gautam Adani pledged his entire stake in Ambuja Cements Ltd and ACC Ltd, worth as much as $12.5 billion, to foreign banks to fund his family’s $6.5 billion acquisition of the two cement makers.
The family’s 63.15% stake in Ambuja Cements and 56.69% in ACC (of which 50.05% is held through Ambuja Cements) have been pledged by Adani Group, filings made to BSE on Tuesday by Ambuja Cements said. On 16 September, the Adani family completed the acquisition of Ambuja Cements and ACC from Holcim India, making the group India’s second-largest cement maker after Ultratech Cement Ltd.
The transaction was funded by loans worth $4.5 billion from 14 international banks. Barclays Bank Plc and Deutsche Bank AG acted as advisers to the Adani family, with Standard Chartered Bank as the structuring adviser.

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
Lumpy virus

Our dairy sector is taking massive hit.

So this is an endemic like thing going on in India, which is getting either no or little attention from online or any media, only PM and some CM's are giving attention to it, there have been thousands of deaths in one state alone when I talk about thousands means nearing 80 to 90, the figures could go to lakh's even just for an state and this problem is for many states, it is now reaching central India also.

In Indore district all cattle market's are closed and sale has been banned.
And Milk rates been raised by ₹4 in just one month by local vendors due to shortage and this virus.

This needs a vaccine like yesterday, there are some ayurvedic treatments which are working a bit but not fully.

#WATCH | This is a serious issue and we will be fighting against it, just like the way we fought against COVID-19. We will save the lives of animals: Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan on lumpy virus disease.

Lumpy virus is a bioweapon. People have realized that they can engineer viruses to do whatever they want. I haven't figured out how to counter this. I'm 10000% serious. Indian government is behind and just giving "lip service". The only solution is to find bioweapons factories and destroy them.

Star screamer

the more i read abt adani from forum members and doing my little research (i have no knowledge regarding markets economics ) the more i am getting worried abt i just hope it proves everyone wrong
Otherwise our economy will suffer

notaname

Country flag
Lumpy virus is a bioweapon. People have realized that they can engineer viruses to do whatever they want. I haven't figured out how to counter this. I'm 10000% serious. Indian government is behind and just giving "lip service". The only solution is to find bioweapons factories and destroy them.
There is an vaccine developed and more work is being done, that's why I pointed out only PM and some CM's are paying attention to it. PM have told in one of his speech about this.

Anibesh acharya

Some points to look regarding Adani

net debt to Ebitda ( Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization ) ratio declining to 3.2 times from 7.6 times in the last nine years.

EBITDA has grown 22% CAGR in the last 9 years and debt has only grown by 11% CAGR during the same period

While loans from public sector banks in 2015-16 accounted for 55% of all debt of the group firms, in 2021-22, borrowing from PSBs made up for 21% of all debt

In FY2016, private banks accounted for 31% of loans, which has now shrunk to 11%. Money raised through bonds has jumped from 14% of all loans to account for 50% now.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Saw people arguing that Elon is league above Adani as he is a innovator. I do not find any substance in this argument.
His dad had a private plane a ruby mine that made him millions each year. Adani was son of some common mooks with his brother foraging into a niche business sector.
Elon made his rise by acquiring and managing companies like ZIP2 and he did not make pay pal like they say he was onboarded much later.
He did his fair share of strong arming where he worked and his colleagues at the time said so too, so he is anything but a nice guy. You cannot be nice guy in business specially here in India where there are several hyenas out to get you in your nascent stage.
Tesla he bought from another CEO that went bunk.
Space X is itself built on Vertical Integration which he said so himself and he continues to do vertical integration even now.
Elons shares are bloated as well.
Elon too enjoys cotton glove treatment from the gov.
I do not hate on elon and I do not see a reason to hate on Adani too. On hindsight Adani seems way more humble in baground an actual nothing to everything.

Our socioety is full of pajeet thats the problem.
Adani has taken risks and made outlandish moves that the common estrogen sniffing Pajeet cannot fathom so he lashes out of his insecurity.
Adani > Every Sarkari Leech.

Its like seeing people hating on david for fighting golaith.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
it does not make sense to hate on a guy who pushes his limits.
Its like society of fat people laughing at a nigga working out and sweating the fat.

don't be like those retarded western communists with I phone and a degree lesbian dancing theory.
life is short do you always want to live as the victim

Abdus Salem killed

it does not make sense to hate on a guy who pushes his limits.
Its like society of fat people laughing at a nigga working out and sweating the fat.

don't be like those retarded western communists with I phone and a degree lesbian dancing theory.
life is short do you always want to live as the victim
I don't hate the guy but you just have to be cautious around the super rich they have a knack for screwing the poor
Don't hate on him but he cautious don't want another Vijay Malaya

sauntheninja

Country flag
If you are pointing at one country which could have made this Bioweapon similiar diseases are killing a lot of farm animals in China as well

jadoogar

Country flag
Someone plz summarize adani and his ambitions some says he is a scamsters who will flee to uk some says he is doing good work
I don't know much to comment.

However, on the question of pledging his shares - holdings can be pledged only once... so no Ponzi here... though there is a risk of a sort of margin call ... if the stock price drops, then does his loan get called or is it based on operating metrics of the particular company. If the latter, then presumably no issues

NutCracker

Country flag

Vinash

Country flag
Our socioety is full of pajeet thats the problem.
Adani has taken risks and made outlandish moves that the common estrogen sniffing Pajeet cannot fathom so he lashes out of his insecurity.
Crux of the matter!

Pajeets who like to play it safe can't digest the fact that an Indian can be so aggressive when it comes to business expansion.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles