Indian Economy: News and Discussion

gajapati

Country flag
Rakesh Gangwal, co-founder of budget carrier IndiGo and an IIT-Kanpur alumnus, has made Guru dakhina of Rs 100 crore to support the School of Medical Sciences and Technology .
first phase will include setting up a 500-bed super-specialty hospital, academic block, residential/hostel and service block. will play an important role in driving IIT-Kanpur's innovations in medical research and technology

Covfefe

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Only Mumbai and Navi Mumbai has flood control systems on the large scales the pump in Mumbai has reduced the flooding problem mor than 80 oercent still some low lying areas get flooded as this are far and need other types of measures. And The areas of lower parel and parel which used to be flooded even I mild level rains are not on flooded in severe rain. And well there are still low lying areas and patches but that's are being upgraded with newer sewage systems.

And Navi Mumbai has the history being the only city in India that has never flooded and has the flood control system which can even face severe situations than the the 26/7/2005 rains. And this system even give run for its money to the Tokyo draine systems being dar affordable to construct and run and of similar scales. The Flood Ponds are all over the Navi Mumbai.
Go to Mulund East during rains Bille

Blademaster

Ya'll Nibbiars The locals lines used to get flooded 30 times a year on average and now uts comes to less than 15 times a year a improvement in last 10 years. And well nothing will happen in just one day but happening graduallys.
Rome was not built in a day.

assassin162

Country flag
Tourism comes under that. So all the money that goes out of country due to indians taking foreign vacation will go under services imports. Another big category i think will be purchase of software licenses.
Yes। Tourism, foreign education maybe, international auditing services, legal advisers etc etc। We just need to break this down so as to double down on what can be substituted and can simultaneously help in enlarging some of the related domestic sector।।

no smoking

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars how convince for to to carry with my sefond point while just ignoring the first one. And second despite you such elaborate over thinking India achieved a 418 billion dollars Merchandise exports this year compared to the last two years.
I know generally people like to watch what they like to see. Just like some Chinese fanboys cheer up when they saw a 8+% growth in 2021 comparing to the last two years. The same factor - the world market recovery after Covid is the main reason in both cases. Whether this trend will continue, we need to look at other basis too, such as India's own industrial capacities (lots people just blindly ignore here).
Certainly, if you just want to make a wild dream for a happy day, just ignore.

no smoking

Country flag
India has a diverse export basket. And 1 single parameter doesn't define India's exports trajectory.
View attachment 149191

The low production of steel is because of the low market demand & doesn't indicative a shortage of supplies which would affect the availability of steel as a raw material.
View attachment 149194
And even though the domestic demand for steel has been sluggish. Indias steel exports has risen In comparison to the steel import.
View attachment 149196
The steel imports are expected to further fall after implementation of PLI Speciality Steel.

If you see the export items of Asia's major economies, it mainly comprises electronics & computer hardware.
View attachment 149197
India is now targeting electronics, computer hardware, chemicals, automobile & textile as the main export products. Considering the maturity period for PLI schedule is 5 years we should see the results very soon.
No, you misunderstood my point.
My point is:
Steel is a critical material of industrial production. Almost all industrial departments' activities are involving steel, either the product has steel component, or the factory building/production line, warehouse, even transportation route such as road/bridge/port. When a country's exportation is increasing dramatically, her steel consumption is also growing even before the exportation. The reason is the increasing exportation reflects a fact that the overall industrial base of this country is expanding, which requires new factories, new production lines, new roads, etc, etc. All these push up the domestic demand of steel. As the building of factories, roads, ports, will take a few years, the boost of steel consumption should come earlier than the boost of the whole exportation. So, checking the steel consumption of a country in the past few years can give us a rough idea of this country's whole industrial output in next few years.

no smoking

Country flag
Not that big of a deal, I think I posted this in ICF as well - increase public sector jobs like police, fire department, heck judges. With the amount collected through taxes I'm pretty sure we can support at least 2-3x the number of policemen in this nation. Make them truly independent, though that's a pipedream tbf given no nation's free from political interference in law enforcement. Then you have city maintenance, cleaning and a whole host of other public services that are severely understaffed.
All these policemen, city maintenance, cleaning and a whole host of other public services jobs, are living upon the government income. The majority of the government income is from tax on the economy. So, eventually, it is still the problem of economic expanding. Besides, blindly expanding public sector force has a lot of side effects.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
I know generally people like to watch what they like to see. Just like some Chinese fanboys cheer up when they saw a 8+% growth in 2021 comparing to the last two years. The same factor - the world market recovery after Covid is the main reason in both cases. Whether this trend will continue, we need to look at other basis too, such as India's own industrial capacities (lots people just blindly ignore here).
Certainly, if you just want to make a wild dream for a happy day, just ignore.
Ya'll Nibbiars thats not a wild dream but the expectation laid down by the Ministry of the Commerces. And I am not making any claims myself but just repeating theres words but of course should had quoted thems.

The Saffron Knight

Country flag
No, you misunderstood my point.
My point is:
Steel is a critical material of industrial production. Almost all industrial departments' activities are involving steel, either the product has steel component, or the factory building/production line, warehouse, even transportation route such as road/bridge/port. When a country's exportation is increasing dramatically, her steel consumption is also growing even before the exportation. The reason is the increasing exportation reflects a fact that the overall industrial base of this country is expanding, which requires new factories, new production lines, new roads, etc, etc. All these push up the domestic demand of steel. As the building of factories, roads, ports, will take a few years, the boost of steel consumption should come earlier than the boost of the whole exportation. So, checking the steel consumption of a country in the past few years can give us a rough idea of this country's whole industrial output in next few years.
Your using a broad gauge to measure all parameters. A low demand in any of the given sectors will bring down the overall steel production rate to maintain a proper demand to supply rate.

IMG_20220406_090843.jpg

Correlation of steel production rate with the overall industrial output of a country would inherently place India's Industrial output as the 2nd highest in the world.
IMG_20220406_110834.jpg

Because India is the 2nd largest producer of crude steel in the world.

Sticking by your logic would also present the industrial output of United States, Japan, South Korea & Germany much less than that of India. And intun the exports of these countries should have been comparable to that of India.

And if high steel production directly translates to higher industrial output & inturn drives up the exports. Then India should also be a substantial exporter of goods & services going by its steel output.

images (9).png

There is not a direct proportionality between industrial output & exports with Steel production.

Your dubious correlation of only 1 parameter to the export trajectory of India has disproved your own theory.

Last edited:

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
That's correct. I personally know people who left PSU and joined RIL. Their compensation is above 1 Cr per annum.
Ya'll Nibbiars The RIL is the biggest employer of the ex Government employee and has seen many Government employees from the state getting 1 lakhs PM salary gone to RIL on a 10 years contract after 20 to 25 years of work in the government departments and now earning atleast 3 lakhs PM. That's a high jump.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles