Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Refined petroleum products is one of our biggest exports($21 billion in 2020-21)
Ya'll Nibbiars our re expert of the petroleum is unaffected by the price as the cost of contract remains the same despite the ever changing oil prices. And the size of our re export will only rise with the increase in our capacitys.

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I used to wonder about the impact of all the famines in India from the Mughal to British colonisation period.

This report from wion suggests that the impact of colonial famines can still be felt to this day in the high rates of diabetes in Indians.

This will be a huge economic issue for us.

Every family will have to pay for treatment and just to delay an early death.

Ridiculous economic pressure on every family.

Add it to rising costs of raising children.

This needs immediate attention as the effects of our actions here will only be felt at a later date.

Everything from funding stem cell therapy research, artificial pancreas to making our cities cycle centric should be explored.

By 2040 we should have cycle centric cities, cheap and definitive treatment, development of a culture of physical activity.

Otherwise, we may also stagnate as public spending decreases.
And people here still sympathise for Britshits, the real terrorists have been Abrahamics more so than the “peacefuls”. Mlechh genes have terrorism ingrained in them. Nazis themselves were ultra right wing christians but to hide the “christian terrorism” notion they called it “Nazi ideology” and called Hakencreuz as Swastika. Why single out muslims, these christian buggers in the west have been no better. A religion so powerful that they have to forcefully convert the non-believers into believing their nonsense. These Abrahamics are the reason why there is no Bharat but South Asia which is a religiously divided arena and are fighting over territory with each other. One must never forget these mlechh terrorists and their attrocities.

Kumata

Country flag
We need to rise taxes on cigarettes and alcohol.
Classic retard statement. Alcohol in moderate quantities helps in keeping u well...

Ciggies... They are already taxed heavily along with alcohol

Real reason for diabetes & heart issues is your anndaata who is blending everything in toxins.. And govts promotion of white sugar et all.. Which started in 90, s per se. Out forfathers lived on jaggery whole life and never had these issues..

Another reason is rise of packaged food industry and no control on use of preservatives... Couple that with sedentary lifestyle of us all...

Concard

Country flag
Classic retard statement. Alcohol in moderate quantities helps in keeping u well...

Real reason for diabetes & heart issues is your anndaata who is blending everything in toxins.. And govts promotion of white sugar et all.. Which started in 90, s per se. Out forfathers lived on jaggery whole life and never had these issues..

Another reason is rise of packaged food industry and no control on use of preservatives... Couple that with sedentary lifestyle of us all...
Cigarettes don't contribute anything to person's health other than ruining the health. Taxing them more and more is not wrong. If they are totally eliminated government may lose revenue but there will be indirect benefits to the economy like people now using that money to spend on important things and our health care system will not be clogged by smokers who will eventually suffer from some health problems in future.

As far as alcohol is concerned, there are many types of alcohol here. I am not for rising taxes on wine made in India. I am mainly for rising taxes on hard liquor the expensive ones especially. You see not everyone has self control to consume only little for health purposes. Once we have a sufficiently educated population and run trade surpluses we can import wines from France, Italy and Australia for low tariffs.

I agree with the rest of your arguments.

Abdus Salem killed

Are you seriously promoting cigarettes )

Kumata

Country flag
Are you seriously promoting cigarettes )
Where..

My point being that u cannot tax one commodity too much. Both are most taxes along side fossil fuels.

Let people decide what they want.. I had issues when govt start telling me what I shud eat & drink...

Examole being bihar & gujju...land... Both think alcohol. Is bad but Ciggies. Are not bad... Lol...

Kumata

Country flag
Cigarettes don't contribute anything to person's health other than ruining the health. Taxing them more and more is not wrong. If they are totally eliminated government may lose revenue but there will be indirect benefits to the economy like people now using that money to spend on important things and our health care system will not be clogged by smokers who will eventually suffer from some health problems in future.
Yiu are living in ideal. World. Boss. U take people off one habit and they will develop another similiar via spurious means resulting in more deaths...

Bihar banned alcohol as good as 3 or 4 or so years back... Today's already clogged courts r filled with case files, but liquor still get smullged and people die in double digits... Recent being 10+ dying Due to consumption of spurious liquid from HR..

Same is the case with Ciggies... People will take to cheaper & more dengerous like Marijuana aka bhanng & Others.

Concard

Country flag
Yiu are living in ideal. World. Boss. U take people off one habit and they will develop another similiar via spurious means resulting in more deaths...

Bihar banned alcohol as good as 3 or 4 or so years back... Today's already clogged courts r filled with case files, but liquor still get smullged and people die in double digits... Recent being 10+ dying Due to consumption of spurious liquid from HR..

Same is the case with Ciggies... People will take to cheaper & more dengerous like Marijuana aka bhanng & Others.
I am not talking about banning cigarettes and alcohol. I am talking about rising the taxes on them.

Blademaster

Meanwhile the independent tamil nation wants to take care of independent tamils across the palk strait ... :megusta:

MK Stalin seeks centre's approval to help Tamils in Sri Lanka

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
I never understood how India left the Tamils on their own in Sri Lanka. I understand the ratfucker Verappan (sp?) was a real bastard and killed many Indians but after his death, we should have approached Tamils again and build more rapprochement with them and keep Sri Lanka under control, not tilting to China.

here2where

I never understood how India left the Tamils on their own in Sri Lanka. I understand the ratfucker Verappan (sp?) was a real bastard and killed many Indians but after his death, we should have approached Tamils again and build more rapprochement with them and keep Sri Lanka under control, not tilting to China.
You meant Prabhakaran?

Tamils in SL are lankans first and then only tamils. They speak a distinctive form of Tamil unheard of in India. Its the "dravidians" in TN who insist of "we all are one" with them. Obviously they dont mind this bonus support.

They identify more with SL than with Indian tamils.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Lankan Tamils just found India as immediate refugee who used it as launch pad to get into real Refugee supporting countries like Canada, UK. During war time many people displaced and settled in UK and Canada. Our tenet family few decades back itself from Srilanka and all their family members have business in london. My school friends studied here and went back to Srilanka few years back. Also I believe there is a big population of Srilankan Tamils in Australia also. Since we are nearer and we speak same language it looks favorable for them. Even when they are in India they are allowed to mingle easily like current bangladesh folks. At that time they were moved to camps and have strict time based entry and exit. Violating them results in severe action by law enforcement. Only TN politicians stroke Eelam issue for stage speech to give some dopamine. But in reality the politicians literally met Rajapaksha without any shame. My belief is they tried to create a votebank using them what Momta didi trying to do with Illegal bangladesh citizens in India.

Again repeating when they are in TN they don't have a rosy reception. They were treated like a refugee and given shelter in camps with strict routines.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles