Indian Economy: News and Discussion

another_armchair

Country flag
bhai kehna kya chahte ho?
1.5 lakh crore in 44 crore accounts = INR 3500 per account. That's less then minimum hourly wage in Zurich.
That's 1.5 lakh crore in the formal banking system, mostly PSBs and a bulk of those are with SBI/affiliates.

Interest on amount lying with the bank ranges from 3-4%. Interest on overdraft up to 5k or 10k is charged at 12%.

Ever wondered what those 1.5 lakh crore must be fetching these banks in overnight lending?

1643819830425.png

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
All government staff are covered under health schemes like CGHS for central government employees. The treatment under which is damn cheap. A lot of them used to get quarters. So basically makaan and health was literally free. Ab bhai government itna paisa toh deti hai ki Bachcho ka education aap apne aap karwa sake.
Ya'll Nibbiars only personnel ar not family and the benefits are limiteds. And Only to the certain level

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Larsen & Toubro Enters In To Strategic JV With Norwegian Firm HydrogenPro To Manufacture Gigawatt-scale Green Hydrogen Electrolysers

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Backo kay liye they top KV schools ...think they get preference .. fee are cheap...in KV,s ...

so basically -

housing - covered.
Household expenses - covered. you get subsidy and mehngai bhatta .. diwali bonus bhi...
Healthcare - Free .. CGHS to rescue.
Gaadi - Enough under table money available... for that... i am sure every 3rd guy need a gandhi to move file....

Savings-- all salary is saving only...

IMO, 7 th pay commision give them very good salaries.. I willl need to dig on data else data loving @ezsasa nibba will ban me :D
Ya'll Nibbiars no preferences.

Housing - substandard.

Expense - no special subsidy.

Healthcare - limiteds.

Gaadi - and nkt everyone is corrupts.

Savings - forgetting Inflating you stated?.

The 7 th pay - The salaries are still lower than the private sectors.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Larsen & Toubro Enters In To Strategic JV With Norwegian Firm HydrogenPro To Manufacture Gigawatt-scale Green Hydrogen Electrolysers
four days old news , and this comapny is pretty small , i think they will buy it out soon

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
four days old news , and this comapny is pretty small , i think they will buy it out soon
Wasn’t PLI for 5G equipment announced already? Or was it for telecom equipment?

sauntheninja

Country flag

This is true for every indian city except mumbai, noida and gurgaon (and the financial district in hyderabad). Why cant dumbass indian politicians build more planned cities
It Isn't the job of babus and politicians to plan cities hire city planners and actually consult them before building infrastructure yaha kahi bhi building ban jaata hai phir road banti hai

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Wasn’t PLI for 5G equipment announced already? Or was it for telecom equipment?
it was for telecom , not 5g exclusively

Sanatani

Country flag
Bhai ,healthcare is not limited. They have to pay around 1/6th of standard rates in private hospitals.
I remember when I was working in kolkata ,FCI staff would come drunk at night and used to get admitted . It was free for them. Once our emergency doctor refused to admit one FCI staff ,next day the hospital Medical Suprientendant was screwed right and left by FCI officers.

fooLIam

I don,t agree ....job security is a bogey that expired atleast 2 decades back..... there is more to it that we don,t know perhaps...
Job security
No skill and worked required.
For Upsc pass out timely promotion, no productivity and skill required and no responsibility.
Better prospects for marriage.
And 2 no ka paisa.

basically Aranm ki Naukri.

24% hra is only for metro cities mainly for cities.I

Spindrift

:rofl::rofl: crypted chutiyapa

These history honors graduate from JNU have no idea what cryptocurrency is and how it works. They should stay out of it.

They don't control the other cryptocurrencies and there is nothing they can do about it. It being a legal tender or not in India will not make any difference. For example if I have goods or services to sell and if I decide to take bitcoin for them what can they do?

Physx32

Country flag
No skill and worked required.
This is true for clerks and peons. Civil servants have a difficult job. They're literally managing this chaotic country.
For Upsc pass out timely promotion, no productivity and skill required and no responsibility
Again false. Only idiots like you think like this. IAS babus and officers in top PSUs are very skilled.
basically Aranm ki Naukri.
It seems the only people you've seen/known are clerks and peons. IAS babus have poor work life balance and huge work pressure.
And 2 no ka paisa.
Same is true for private companies. Due to poor auditing and lack of transparency, we never see it.

The whole system is rotten, no point blaming only the civil servants. Politicians who are elected are orders of magnitude more corrupt, maybe fix them first?

fooLIam

This is true for clerks and peons. Civil servants have a difficult job. They're literally managing this chaotic country.

Again false. Only idiots like you think like this. IAS babus and officers in top PSUs are very skilled.

It seems the only people you've seen/known are clerks and peons. IAS babus have poor work life balance and huge work pressure.

Same is true for private companies. Due to poor auditing and lack of transparency, we never see it.

The whole system is rotten, no point blaming only the civil servants. Politicians who are elected are orders of magnitude more corrupt, maybe fix them first?
Idiot okay Bhrata, since you seems to easily throwing that word around.
I have seen enough teshsildar, collector and assistant collector. When go these guys for land acquisition for NATIONAL PROJECT , yo know What, still that land acquisition is “in progress” for last 20 years.
I have seen lot of your upsc wala who even though come as “engineer” ar’nt able to give sound decision on approval and simply keep proposal on their tables. I can say more but this is hardly place and time.
I have direct experiences upsc wala officer also known as class A officer and indirect experience on psu wala while you are entitlement to your own opinion, I have mine while I don’t know any secratary and undersecretary level personal but been in touch with JAG AND SAG level.

Last edited:

scatterStorm

Country flag
so how much % has tax been risen?? how screwed r middle class :lehappy:?? @eknomikts
What if I tell you, middle class was always screwed from the start. Government do not want the middle class to become upper class as this will simply create more income gap.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Let me take the honours..

India ‘18-24 months behind schedule’ to achieve $5 trillion economy: Govt advisor Sanjeev Sanyal
Its funny that apple is worth 3 trillion. Mind boggling indeed.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Waqt agaya hai L&T mai nivesh ka. I've been eyeing this business, but only its tech subsidiary.

karn

Country flag
These history honors graduate from JNU have no idea what cryptocurrency is and how it works. They should stay out of it.

They don't control the other cryptocurrencies and there is nothing they can do about it. It being a legal tender or not in India will not make any difference. For example if I have goods or services to sell and if I decide to take bitcoin for them what can they do?
Nothing .. just like you can get paid in gold as well.. which is the entire point of treating crypto like commodities .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
P. Chidambaram in 2013 in U.S, the policy intent continuity between UPA and NDA is quite visible.
difference is in the execution.
=========
Q and A: India's Finance Minister on Economic Reforms in India

Arun Jaitley at the same institute two years later

Last edited:

mokoman

Country flag

you cant buy anything in india with it , if u sell it for real money via legal means , u will need to give the gov 30% of profit.

if crypto ever stabilizes all the hawala and black money will maybe go into it

P. Chidambaram in 2013 in U.S, the policy intent continuity between UPA and NDA is quite visible.
difference is in the execution.
=========
Q and A: India's Finance Minister on Economic Reforms in India

:lehappy: he talks about 30% of farm produce going to waste , needing more investment in supply/storage. wasnt that the whole point of farm laws .

vid is from 2013 , almost a decade and nothing has happened.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles