Indian Economy: News and Discussion

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
How many jobs do data centres create anyway to manage these data centres you need system administrators so people with a high skillset
the business a data centre creates is many fold, a database administrator is just the bottom of the pile (no offence to DBAs here). to give an example, 20 years ago reliance data centre used to charge 1.5 lakh ₹ per month for a 6x6 feet cubicle for one onsite DBA. on top of it you have service contracts with SLA's which run in tens of lakhs per year. and the amount of electricity a data centre consumes to keep the servers at 16 deg c, plus the server hardware cost business.

all this combined, you have hundreds of crores of ₹ of business being generated every month from one data centre.

and we don't know how much of this is included in GDP calculation.

SKC

Country flag
There is a huge bubble in these consumer tech startups. Most of them would fail and only a handful will survive. The hope is that out of those handful a few achieve enough scale to invest in some real proprietary technology.
Actually this happens all the time and everywhere in the world.
On average 8 our of 10 new startup windsup within a year or two. Only 1-2 survives and gets big.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Actually this happens all the time and everywhere in the world.
On average 8 our of 10 new startup windsup within a year or two. Only 1-2 survives and gets big.
Ya'll Nibbiars even out if this most will be in the MSME category and only handfuls of them less than 1 percent will eventually become big and ine ven that only handfuls if the will become Unicorns. And that just the every where not just in the start ups.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars it take many years for a firm become large one of my cousin who alreday metioned has a group of Industries taken them 51 years to reach here. It takes years to make business reoations and capabilities. His firm has presence now in whole South and Western India. And to reach here they have seen many ups and down. There is no guarantee of fixed revenue and expenditures. And specially if you want to grow sustainable or else many firm become to large in short amount if time and go brankcrupt in small amount in seconds.

ladder

Country flag
indonesia has decided to shift the capital from jakarta to nusantara they are reurning to their hindu roots it will also decrease the pressure on jakarta
india should learn and shift the capital to real ancient capital in pataliputra or bodhgaya
No, for 75 years of Indipendent India, capital was up naarth, now if new capital has to be established, it needs to be somewhere in the south.
Our brothers in the 5 south states will choose a location by 'consensus'.
Over and out...

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No, for 75 years of Indipendent India, capital was up naarth, now if new capital has to be established, it needs to be somewhere in the south.
Our brothers in the 5 south states will choose a location by 'consensus'.
Over and out...
yes it can be moved to south india but In my opinion it should be in east close to patna with name "pataliputra" and the parliament building design should be inspired by the design of ancient nalanda university
new nalanda university is under construction in rajgir it can be established in rajgir as well

karn

Country flag
yes it can be moved to south india but In my opinion it should be in east close to patna with name "pataliputra" and the parliament building design should be inspired by the design of ancient nalanda university
new nalanda university is under construction in rajgir it can be established in rajgir as well
Might happen 50 + years from now.. they are already renewing the government infrastructure in Delhi. You could also argue how a new capital should be costal

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Might happen 50 + years from now.. they are already renewing the government infrastructure in Delhi. You could also argue how a new capital should be costal
i know its not gonna happen for another 50 years but my point is that delhi was ravaged by islamists
Glorifying islamic or british monuments of delhi will only make indians feel inferior india should celebrate its own glorious past of pataliputra based Gupta or Maurya empire not the Delhi based mughal or british empire
remember no country can progress without pride
india (north india in particular) and pakistan suffer from dhimmitude (the mentality of a slave) a country with this mentality will never be confident
History of invasion on delhi is not something which india should be proud of india should be proud of the Maurya Empire which was the biggest empire in history of south asia
india should be proud of nalnada and vikramshila university not on taj mahal or jama masjid

Last edited:

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll better have it in in Tashkent. Stop this ridiculous discussion about shifting the capital. And it's enough of it's.

Last edited:

indiatester

Country flag
Far too long have we tried to be consumers and not producers!
Because of excessive tilt of consumers vs producers, we as consumers never received any respect.
We never received what was our due in terms of quality , value for money or power. It has always been the producers calling the shots. It must be corrected.

However as the article argues, some amount of demand side growth should also be encouraged. Its good for optics and politics as well!

SKC

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars there was a OS named Bharat OS but we all knew what happened and what will happened now.
It is used in Colleges and labs.
In our college back in 2010-12 all labs had computer terminals with Bharat OS instead of having individual system on each desk.
Each Terminal had few softs preinstalled like browser and office pack and some IDE.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Don't know. But it sure means Google has its hands inside both telecom operators of India which practically control entire market. Doesn't it create a conflict of interest situation
I worked it this way. If 5 bn USD is for 7.7 pc share, what will be the value of full business?

Haldilal

Country flag

SKC

Country flag
If you are attacked by a crowd of Linux fanbois ask them which distribution is better and they will kill each other.
I used to use the smallest one, Puppy Linux. Would create a Bootable USB Drive. Total install size was only 120-130 MB.
My HDD crashed back in 2011 so i made that USB and would run my desktop without HDD. When i showed this to one of my college friend he almost fell into my feet seeking blessings :rofl:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles