Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I don't see about reliability of the tesla. Middle class indians care more about longevity rather than cool sexy 23rd century looks. Also it's so expensive, those who are rich can just import the car. Tata motors and Mahindra are making such cool and reliable cars in quite a good price imo.
How does it look cool and 23rd century , nothing so much futuristic except a new door mechanism , i rather like scissor doors

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Metals in Bihar aren't crude like petrol, they'd have to processed.
Saudi has a bleak economic future in long term BTW. Since, it's nothing except oil.
Mining and processing gold isn’t some rocket science it’s atleast 7000 years old technique and gold is way more important resource than crude oil

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Plz stop this sh1t about gold, iron fckin resources. There is life beyond it dude.
Central banks hold gold for a variety of reasons:
to trade it for financial purposes or to adjust the level of the reserves, to deposit it to earn interest, or to use it as collateral for market loans.

HitmanBlood

Country flag
I don't see about reliability of the tesla. Middle class indians care more about longevity rather than cool sexy 23rd century looks. Also it's so expensive, those who are rich can just import the car. Tata motors and Mahindra are making such cool and reliable cars in quite a good price imo.
Yeah middle class isn't going to buy any Teslas, even in USA Teslas are seen as status symbol. However the problem is as per Indian laws they can't give special import discount to one company. They have to do it for all EV makers and this is where problem lies. There are many companies who make cheap EVs, China has plenty of such companies. These companies can take advantage of this relaxations and flood the market with cheap EV cars for middle class. With rising cost of fuel many urban middle class people will buy EVs. It will wreak havoc on traditional car sales. Even traditional companies like Hyundai, Nissan, Toyota will import EVs straight from their Asian factories.

Many people here may or may not know this, but Tesla sales their cars in America directly without any dealerships. There was a law in USA that cars could only be sold through dealerships. However Elon lobbied against it. Now anyone in America can go to Tesla's website and buy car directly like a phone. Once GoI gives Tesla import discount this is going to second thing he will ask for. This will create even more problems for us.

Right now our focus should be to incentivise EV ecosystem in India by any means just like we did with petroleum vehicles. This ecosystem will only come from serious players and domestic companies not some snake oil salesman like Elon.

I am not aginst Tesla. If Elon follows existing Indian laws and enters Indian market like every other company. We should welcome him but if he doesn't want to play by the law of the land then we should look elsewhere.

IndianYonko

Country flag
Mining and processing gold isn’t some rocket science it’s atleast 7000 years old technique and gold is way more important resource than crude oil
Listen Bro; The regions you are talking about have high population density with high dependency on agricultural land. Mind you we are not talking about some jungle area with very sparse population here.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Listen Bro; The regions you are talking about have high population density with high dependency on agricultural land. Mind you we are not talking about some jungle area with very sparse population here.
I partially agree with you
Primary gold ore or Monazite and many other reserves of Bihar are owned by union of India not by Bihar state government so even if it’s mined it would be spent on Delhi Mumbai Noida Gurgaon etc not on people of Bihar who are the real owners of these mineral resources
But it’s also true if Bihar gets the ownership rights of its mineral resources then it would be one of the most prosperous regions in Asia just like Australia 👇
Australia's main export is iron ore, followed by their other most valuables exports coal, gold, and petroleum. These exports alone rake in $48.2 billion, $47 billion, $29.1 billion, and $20.3 billion, respectively.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I partially agree with you
Primary gold ore or Monazite and many other reserves of Bihar are owned by union of India not by Bihar state government so even if it’s mined it would be spent on Delhi Mumbai Noida Gurgaon etc not on people of Bihar who are the real owners of these mineral resources
But it’s also true if Bihar gets the ownership rights of its mineral resources then it would be one of the most prosperous regions in Asia just like Australia 👇
Australia's main export is iron ore, followed by their other most valuables exports coal, gold, and petroleum. These exports alone rake in $48.2 billion, $47 billion, $29.1 billion, and $20.3 billion, respectively.
you have never been to Bihar, isn’t it?

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Yo cannot compare iron ore , copper , zinc , coal etc with Primary Gold ore
Ya'll Nibbiars even karnataka had the largest Gold mine in India but they didn't become rich due to this but due to the I.T.

SKC

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars even karnataka had the largest Gold mine in India but they didn't become rich due to this but due to the I.T.
Freight equalization policy also added to poverty in mineral rich states. These states could not get their fare share of price for the minerals produced or mined from there.

Freight equalization is the largest disasters policy from UPA.

Haldilal

Country flag
Freight equalization policy also added to poverty in mineral rich states. These states could not get their fare share of price for the minerals produced or mined from there.

Freight equalization is the largest disasters policy from UPA.
Ya'll Nibbiars @Chandragupt Maurya Nibba and @SKC Nibba be like.

images - 2021-07-20T162538.861.jpeg

Haldilal

Country flag
Can your reply back in civilian way.
What's the need for jokes and comedy in each thread?

Something you want to correct or add to the discussion just let us know.
Ya'll Nibbiars because you replied to my post which has nothing to do with freight.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles