Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Since when does the Indian army use M4 carbines? Look at the gun, man, there aren't even pin holes on the receiver and the dust cover is a piece of sheet metal. It looks nothing like the real thing
Not us from US taliban captures some of them but this look somewhat more advanced pork copy

valleyosint

Country flag
Not us from US taliban captures some of them but this look somewhat more advanced pork copy
I'll definitely say it's better than some Darra copies but it still isn't great. The better quality stuff they just can't afford in Darra unless someone gives it to them

ManhattanProject

Country flag
It is an OG M4.
Yep from what i can tell its an m4, the dustcover is correct and considering they still have those detachable carry handle rear sights this one is an older variant without ambi fire selector.
The lower looks bad because its been beatup but the fencing done on the lower is correct. The barrell length is something i am concerned about, it might smaller than the standard m4a1 length i cant tell because of the picture.

valleyosint

Country flag
It is an OG M4.
Pakistan didn't get that style of M4 from the US, though. My assumption based on the modern foregrip + older parts and mismatched parts is that this is a Darra build using real M4 parts (maybe Chinese norinco clone parts) and probably some handmade stuff if we could get a disassemble. Like ManhattenProject says, this barrel looks off as well

valleyosint

Country flag
Yep from what i can tell its an m4, the dustcover is correct and considering they still have those detachable carry handle rear sights this one is an older variant without ambi fire selector.
The lower looks bad because its been beatup but the fencing done on the lower is correct. The barrell length is something i am concerned about, it might smaller than the standard m4a1 length i cant tell because of the picture.
That dust cover looks off to me. The bolt looks like it wouldnt take the dustcover (looks like solid metal), but maybe that's just the picture lighting

valleyosint

Country flag
if it runs reliably then i am impressed, OFB could have made an ar15 copy but they are incompetent.
Doubt it. Most of the Darra shit can put a magazine or 2 though and then it blows up. The "nicer" stuff can last a dozen mags. There are tons of videos showing these guns blowing up in people's hands

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
The most common type of arms manufactured in Darra is AK-47 and its variants. M4 comes at a distance second.

The quality of these rifles are reviewed by Vvladimir Onokoy from Kalashnikov concern:

Though the video does not talk about M-4s but their quality can be inferred as bad as above.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Since when does the Indian army use M4 carbines? Look at the gun, man, there aren't even pin holes on the receiver and the dust cover is a piece of sheet metal. It looks nothing like the real thing

Edit: since when does the Army in JK use the M4 carbine. The guys using the M4 have much nicer, newer versions than the piece of scrap they captured
He doesn’t mean us by like Indian Army. He mean’t the US Army and Afghan National Army. There inter-Islamic terrorist cooperation between Afghan Taliban and Pakistani funded and Supported Islamic Terrorist Groups in J&K have increased with the blessing of Pakistani Armed forces. Weapons flow between terrorists groups in Afghanistan and Pakistan is increasing. A lot of Afghan Taliban captured M4s end up in Gunshops in KPK and sometimes in Pakjab and these later get disseminated throughout Pakistani and Kashmiri terror groups.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
The most common type of arms manufactured in Darra is AK-47 and its variants. M4 comes at a distance second.

The quality of these rifles are reviewed by Vvladimir Onokoy from Kalashnikov concern:

Though the video does not talk about M-4s but their quality can be inferred as bad as above.
They talk about those ak/ar hybrids found with terrorists awhile ago in kashmir.
5:42 timestamp.

Screenshot_2021-03-30-01-16-11-21.jpg

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
It's 100% not real M4. Real ones too expensive for crappy terrorists to afford. Just look at the lower receiver, it's one flat, featureless piece of low quality metal.

It doesn't even look like that "dust cover" would close if you tried
FN used to make M4A1s for US Mil, these are old pieces, very old pieces recovered from Afghanistan. But it is certain by on ground troops that it was made in USA.

valleyosint

Country flag
FN used to make M4A1s for US Mil, these are old pieces, very old pieces recovered from Afghanistan. But it is certain by on ground troops that it was made in USA.
Yeah man, hate to break it to you but the troops aren't great at proper weapons ID. They regularly say that awful copies of M4 and AK rifles are actually "US" or "Russian" imports. This picture got posted on Reddit and none of the other firearms enthusiasts seem to think it's real either. Just claiming "it's an older version" doesn't cut it when the gun lacks the pins which are 100% necessary for a real M4 to work. Not to mention the old M4s and every M16 since Stoner invented it has been pinned together

valleyosint

Country flag
He doesn’t mean us by like Indian Army. He mean’t the US Army and Afghan National Army. There inter-Islamic terrorist cooperation between Afghan Taliban and Pakistani funded and Supported Islamic Terrorist Groups in J&K have increased with the blessing of Pakistani Armed forces. Weapons flow between terrorists groups in Afghanistan and Pakistan is increasing. A lot of Afghan Taliban captured M4s end up in Gunshops in KPK and sometimes in Pakjab and these later get disseminated throughout Pakistani and Kashmiri terror groups.
Yeah after he replied I realised he didn't me 'us' as in India.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Sterling carbines are the only thing that OFB can make without screwing up the performance. So the IAS babus that work in MoD shove it down the throats of our pissed-off forces.
But the good thing is that I haven't seen this with IA during combat, only during exercises or weapons display.

Btw which BPJ can sterling penetrate?

Global Defence

Articles