Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

indiatester

Country flag
Not true. The life of an Indian soldier is precious for human reasons.

But there are also financial costs:

(1) Recruitment and training (3+10)= 13 lakh
(2) Salary benefits to kin for life (6 x 40 yrs) = 240 lakh s
(3) State government payouts from home state - often 50 lakh or more
(4) Employment preference for spouse, children
(5) education, travel benefits
(6) Subsidized shopping at army canteens
(7) Free medical treatment for surviving family for life

The life of an Indian soldier is never cheap

https://www.quora.com/If-an-Indian-...ily-get-any-monetary-compensation-or-benefits
There is a value to every life. What @singhboy98 was pointing to was about "valuing" the life.
The reaction to the loss of 39 Indians in Iraq shows how much we as a nation value life. The same attitude extends to other spheres too, as in the army.
You and I may not agree with it, but as of now we are insignificant to the nations thought process. Even if the thought is there, surely the resources are not yet there.

Haldiram

Country flag
atleast ensure we suffer minimum damage and that too on account of obsolete weapons and gears
None of our casualties have been due to obsolete gear. If a team gets ambushed, the first round burst causes the maximum casualties. No amount of gear can stop this kind of attrition in an asymmetric war. What % of casualties have been because the BPJ was bad quality? do you have any data on that? you are just parroting what the Western defense contractor pay Indian media to say, to create a false sense of shortage of equipment.

"Unless you buy American weapons, your soldiers are ill-equipped" - presstitute logic

Did you see the video where the US soldiers were ambushed recently, despite their fancy gear?

Did you care to check casualty figures of US troops in Afghanistan? 3k US soldiers died in Afghanistan, and 5k in Iraq over the last 20 years (400/per year), despite their mine protected vehicles, and firing from a safe distance using drones, artillery and other heavy gear. India loses about 20-50 soldiers to insurgency every year.

Last edited:

vikata

Country flag
None of our casualties have been due to obsolete gear. If a team gets ambushed, the first round burst causes the maximum casualties. No amount of gear can stop this kind of attrition in an asymmetric war. What % of casualties have been because the BPJ was bad quality? do you have any data on that? you are just parroting what the Western defense contractor pay Indian media to say, to create a false sense of shortage of equipment.

"Unless you buy American weapons, your soldiers are ill-equipped" - presstitute logic

Did you see the video where the US soldiers were ambushed recently, despite their fancy gear?

Did you care to check casualty figures of US troops in Afghanistan? 3k US soldiers died in Afghanistan, and 5k in Iraq over the last 20 years (400/per year), despite their mine protected vehicles, and firing from a safe distance using drones, artillery and other heavy gear. India loses about 20-50 soldiers to insurgency every year.
so here you go
you are comparing the situation of kashmir with those of the afghanistan and iraq . somebody is really missing wood for the tree

here we have nearly 7 lakh soldier thus making it the most soldier density region in the world
now when you have to tackle a group of 5 or even less than these terrorist and you end up loosing equal number of guys and mind you these terrorist have to face atleast 200 soldiers
then whom to blame
now asking for more protection for our guys who are repeatedly loosing lives in action is pressituting for some one
i assume people who are having this sort of mentality will never ever be within the long periphery of decision making process
as it is nothing but absolute retard logic

yes our country is resource deficient no one is denying that ,but there is something called prioritising
we have to protect our soldier who are in active counterinsurgency and loc duty
the rest in camps can wait

now coming to your stupid argument about nato grade gear

we must not be ashamed to try out the best thing in the world ,you want to copy russian farmers going for soldiering and in the process getting culled in the world war then good luck to you
but no thanks our army deserve better

now if you put some effort and bothers to search and read then ay be you can learn

in kashmir
garud commandoes were killed due to faulty helmet
all those sog of kashmir police and army are devoid of bare minimum protective gear
these are not my words these are the cag report ,
and mind you here we are not even facing an iota of battle hardened herd which usa army has to face in afghanistan and iraq
you mean to compare the situation in which an invasive army which has toppled a govt. and now facing the wrath of the toppled who are actively supported and funded by other power in the region

just go and read northern alliance despite support from india and iran were useless against taliban and how effective is their firepower
i mean how many times army has to face a situation in which they are far outnumbered by the enemy,roadside suicide attack,landmines ,rocket launcher

regarding your querry about video /footage

yes i accept i have seen the footage
and regarding maoist

the less said the better
as i have seen much worst than to be spilled out here, if you want to see the situation of paramilitary why dont you come and see how we are managing
i wish sb has enough guts to send his near and dear ones to fight with these gears

so cut the crap, INDIAN LIVes too matter

Last edited:

su35

Country flag
here we have nearly 7 lakh soldier thus making it the most soldier density region in the world
& seven Lakh or Ten Lakh soldier do not fight everyday, many are their for maintaining peace and overseeing guarding Govt infrastructure, Rather these seven lakh soldier are vulnerable due to pathetic base security and management.
now when you have to tackle a group of 5 or even less than these terrorist and you end up loosing equal number of guys and mind you these terrorist have to face at least 200 soldiers
Agility and surprise are most important factor in ambush, if they are sending 200 terrorist they could be easily detected and killed, that why even when they infiltrate border in 15s or 20s but split into group of 3 or 4 and attack army.
200 soldiers are there for cordoning the attack area to prevent escape of terrorist and damage to civilians not all of them participate in encounter, once we use gadgets and have friendly population the no may decrease
now asking for more protection for our guys who are repeatedly loosing lives in action is pressituting for some one
SF are armed with standard gears, many time soldiers themselves don't wear havey BPJ due to long nature of these operation
all those sog of kashmir police and army are devoid of bare minimum protective gear
Those helmet were made for protection from 9mm not from AK bullets, there are good for holding NVG and communication sets and up to mark, The commando was rather unlucky. NO BPJ can protect you from AK bullets fired from such low distance
and mind you here we are not even facing an iota of battle hardened herd which usa army has to face in afghanistan and iraq
We are also facing SSG BAT teams disguised as terrorist, Paki were chief instructor of Taliban now using them against India. Rather USA troops have aircraft support, artillery support and recon support No NGO is going to blame them if there is civilian casualties, they are there for protection of American Companies not to remove any terrorism
i mean how many times army has to face a situation in which they are far outnumbered by the enemy,roadside suicide attack,landmines ,rocket launcher
Which world are you living, we have lost many lives due to land mine attack, that too 100kg of RDX that even USA MPV can't survive, Fidayeen attack is much more dangerous then the car blast attack,

PLEASE READ THE THREAD FOR BEGINNING TO UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION BETTER RATHER MAKING COMMENTS LIKE WESTERN FANBOY

Pandeyji

Country flag
so here you go
you are comparing the situation of kashmir with those of the afghanistan and iraq . somebody is really missing wood for the tree

now when you have to tackle a group of 5 or even less than these terrorist and you end up loosing equal number of guys and mind you these terrorist have to face atleast 200 soldiers
then whom to blame
i assume people who are having this sort of mentality will never ever be within the long periphery of decision making process

yes our country is resource deficient no one is denying that ,but there is something called prioritising

we must not be ashamed to try out the best thing in the world ,you want to copy russian farmers going for soldiering and in the process getting culled in the world war then good luck to you

now if you put some effort and bothers to search and read then ay be you can learn

in kashmir
you mean to compare the situation in which an invasive army which has toppled a govt. and now facing the wrath of the toppled who are actively supported and funded by other power in the region

just go and read northern alliance despite support from india and iran were useless against taliban and how effective is their firepower

and regarding maoist

the less said the better
as i have seen much worst than to be spilled out here, if you want to see the situation of paramilitary why dont you come and see how we are managing
i wish sb has enough guts to send his near and dear ones to fight with these gears

MrPresident

Country flag
so here you go

then whom to blame

in kashmir

and regarding maoist

the less said the better

Surprise is one element which cant be countered by any protection. The impact of it can only be minimized cant be eliminated completely.

As of Helmets, best of the lot wont provide protection again AK rounds even from far distance let alone close quarters, only pathka can give protection against AK rounds. The same is discussed over and over again here. Care to go thru the thread. As of BPJs it has it own limitations care to research a bit. There is no protective gear for neck and other sensitive area of the body, arm chair generals and key board warriors like us can only speculate without knowing the ground situation. People who are serving or served can provide a better picture.

P.S. Before ranting care to do some research.

Country flag
Arms & Ammunition recovered from the terrorist killed in Arizal, Beerwah in district Budgam.

1j.jpg

Oh boy that's a war reserve like ammo. How was so much ammunition transported across the border and stored. OR was it stolen from J&K Police?
This is nothing compared to what have been recovered in past operations, usually these infiltrators not only carry their own arms and ammunition for personal use but also for local Jihadis.

An old photo for example, we have enough ammo recovered to equip one division of men to fight for one month in a fierce battle.

Last edited:

Country flag
Soon to see action in Kashmir Operations, Tonbo Imaging's EK uncooled Smart Thermal Weapons Sight (STWS), EK is a compact, lightweight uncooled Smart Thermal Weapons Sight (STWS) designed and optimized for assault rifles and snipers. It can also be used as a standalone hand held thermal imager.

It features an inbuilt wireless video interface enabling real time video output to head mounted or hand held display equipped with advanced Android OS.

EK is based on state-of-the-art HawkVision thermal imaging core. With a resistive Amorphous Silicon based 640 x 480 micro-bolometer array on a 17-micron pitch and advanced thermal image processing, EK STWS provides outstanding sensitivity and crisp thermal images at high frame-rates to the soldier.

EK Smart Thermal Weapons Sight (STWS) with tactical head mounted display allows soldiers to accurately shoot around corners. Since over Fifty percent of kills happen on the corners, EK STWS lets soldiers see around corners and shoot targets without entering the line of fire. A soldier can crouch behind a blockade, stick his weapon over his head, and shoot his target with the same accuracy as if he were taking aim normally. Unlike any other weapon sight, EK STWS system is designed with custom tactical mounts that provide zero retention even after firing hundreds of rounds. The sight is designed to maintain zero even if detached and reattached thus allowing soldier to change optics on the battlefield without requiring to zero the weapon.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles