Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Indian Army makes big strategic changes to nab terrorists & reduce terrorism in Srinagar
During the funeral procession of terrorists, a large population of local men; where armed terrorist commanders give provoking speeches and brain wash the young men and make them join their groups.

ABP News BureauLast Updated: 23 Jun 2018 10:12 AM

Image of only for representational purpose.

Srinagar: The Indian Army is going strong against the rising terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir and has prepared a hit-list of 22 terrorists, who it would aim to nab as soon as possible, under operation ‘All out’. In the wake of operation ‘All out’, the Army has already killed a terrorist in Anantnag on Friday; therefore, it has 21 more terrorists in its radar.

The Army has also changed its strategy and has decided to no more hand over the dead bodies of JeM, LeT, or ISIS terrorists to their respective families. In fact, they would be buried by the Army at a secret location.:balleballe:

The reason behind the move is, during the funeral procession of terrorists, a large population of local men are present; where armed terrorist commanders give provoking speeches and brain wash the young men and make them join their groups.

BREAKING: The dead bodies of top LeT, ISIS and JeM terrorists will not be handed over to their families, but will be buried at unknown placehttps://t.co/JQJlKZeiOk

— ABP News (@abpnewstv)June 23, 2018

To put an end to their general practice, Army has taken a huge decision of performing the last rites of the terrorists.

http://www.abplive.in/india-news/in...agar-714363/amp#click=https://t.co/NwVC8u7Kk5
Good! This should have been done long ago! But it's better late than never!

However, as per the law, the bodies of killed terrorists are the ‘property’ of the local Police. The dead bodies are handed over to the police who do the needful paper work to cover the legal aspects of the case including filing an FIR.

Pakistani terrorists' bodies are seldom claimed by anyone and are generally buried in yateem (orphan) graves yards.

I'm not sure how the Army will bypass this requirement of handing over dead bodies to the police according to law.

Last edited:

AnantS

Country flag
Good! This should have been done long ago! But it's better late than never!
Forgive me- but If I remember correctly.. I think earlier too bodies were not handed over to families. Its was started in late 90's to quell Paki propaganda of "thousands of civilians killed in unmarked graves...". So we are reverting to old policy?

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Forgive me- but If I remember correctly.. I think earlier too bodies were not handed over to families. Its was started in late 90's to quell Paki propaganda of "thousands of civilians killed in unmarked graves...". So we are reverting to old policy?
Please see my edited post above. In the early nineties, all killed terrorists were handed over to the local police as per law. The police used to arrive at the site of the encounter and take away the dead terrorists - local as well as Paki. However if the police could not come for any reason, the bodies were taken by the troops themselves and handed over to the police. (There were exceptions of course!)

AnantS

Country flag
Please see my edited post above. In the early nineties, all killed terrorists were handed over to the local police as per law. The police used to arrive at the site of the encounter and take away the dead terrorists - local as well as Paki. However if the police could not come for any reason, the bodies were taken by the troops themselves and handed over to the police. (There were exceptions of course!)
Thanks for correcting me! A request if its ok - why not start a thread/blog on your own personal experiences when conducting COIN in 90's? Few years back there used to be blog called Kashmir Diary by Khalid/Rajat ex IA officer. It was eye opener in the sense- gave some glimpse of how these operations are- and what kind of human cost (civilian / military) India is suffering. Ok I found an old thread also: https://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/ex-army-memories-kashmir-diary.57489/

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Top Cop Shiv Murari Sahai is likely to be new DGP of J&K. - SM Sahai is considered to be close to NSA Ajit Doval. - SM Sahai is credited for crushing down unrests in the valley in 2008 & 2010. - SM Sahai was moved out of J&K by Mehbooba Mufti due to Burhan Wani Encounter.
This is what happens when government grows a spine.
I just pray that BJP comes out as a clear majority in the next election so we can see real dangal

AMCA

Country flag
5 Lashkar-i-Taiba militants eliminated in US airstrike.

By
On
Jun 22, 2018 - 14:45
SADABAD (Pajhwok): Five fighters of a Pakistan-based militant outfit have been killed in an airstrike in eastern Kunar province, an official said on Friday.

Police spokesman Farid Dehqan told Pajhwok Afghan News the Lashkar-i-Taiba militants were killed in the Qaro village of Watapur district on Thursday night.

On the other hand, the media office of the 202nd Shamshad Police Zone said the drone raid was conducted by foreign troops.

Hazrat Hussain Mashriqiwal, spokesman for the police zone, identified the dead as Qayyamuddin, alias Kashaaf, Abdullah, alias Nazif, Abu Zar, Zubair and Muzammil.

mud

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Thanks for correcting me! A request if its ok - why not start a thread/blog on your own personal experiences when conducting COIN in 90's? Few years back there used to be blog called Kashmir Diary by Khalid/Rajat ex IA officer. It was eye opener in the sense- gave some glimpse of how these operations are- and what kind of human cost (civilian / military) India is suffering. Ok I found an old thread also: https://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/ex-army-memories-kashmir-diary.57489/
Good Idea but it's going to take time and effort! I've written many articles in Sainik Samachar though, on ops in Kashmir long ago.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
This is what happens when government grows a spine.
I just pray that BJP comes out as a clear majority in the next election so we can see real dangal
Now all we need is a governor like GD Bakshi!! :biggrin2: Along with the no-nonsense DGP, Murari Sahai, the duo should be able to sort out the most wanted list of 21 terrorists in a couple months!

katiyarash

Country flag
LeT District Commander Shakoor Dar is likely dead....Moron wanted to ambush an army patrol party. Got himself killed :biggrin2:
Seems good hunting days from our brave boys after Mahbuba's fall..
Also hearing from some sources that less stone pelting happening and loudspeaker of mosque saying public to stop their children from going out.. good news if true..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles