Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
This Submachine Gun is replacement for 9mm Carbine in army..

It will come with Silencer too..

AshutoshNSingh

i believe the mp9 is a good gun as sidearm(replacing pistols)
Then Glock 18 would be a better option. But our army is not so generous that it will issue B T MP9 as a secondary armament (sidearm) along with an AR. Its being procured for officers'/ rocket crew use only.
Stopping power can't be compromised in CT ops or MP7 would be a great weapon for them.

AshutoshNSingh

They would've replaced carbines with X-95 instead. Army rarely needs low energy rounds such as 9mm, and if it does, it wud convert X95 accordingly.

Immanuel

Country flag
I didn't knew Garud taking part in CT ops ..

Garud SF unlike PARA and Marcos have strict objectives, they are mainly formed to extract friendly behind enemy lines and protect Airbases..
Just like the MARCOS, GARUDS too are deployed in small units along with Army Paras for CT ops, all this just to ensure they get ample real life target practice. Apart from hostage rescue and protections of airbases the GARUDS also have a very crucial offensive role. They have other key roles of assisting in air raids with laser designators against key targets, radar busting operations, air field raids etc.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
i must say if ti is a replacement then a very bad decison
Why so ? 9mm carbine in Army is most unreliable firearm..

What happened to the INSAS Sub-machine gun?
Modern Sub Machine Carbine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Still in development?
Last we knew its under field trail in 2012..

Just like the MARCOS, GARUDS too are deployed in small units along with Army Paras for CT ops, all this just to ensure they get ample real life target practice. Apart from hostage rescue and protections of airbases the GARUDS also have a very crucial offensive role. They have other key roles of assisting in air raids with laser designators against key targets, radar busting operations, air field raids etc.
Sounds fair, But IAF objectives and use of there SF are very different from Army and Navy..

Never heard ( Internet & Real world ) about Garuda SF in CT ops..

Can you shed some more light .. thnx

Immanuel

Country flag
Indeed MARCOS, GARUDS and PARAs have a very different role on the battlefield but in order for all these units to have enough experience with real time threats, they are often taking part in discreet CT ops where. Though I must admit GARUD involvement in CT ops is very quiet but I know for a fact that during the last phase of the 4 year arduous training, they are quietly attached to the Paras and sent out on hunting missions. They are also deployed in a decent numbers after training in J&K due to proximity to both China and Pak, they too are a first day force mainly raised to wreck havoc behind enemy lines.

Their primary missions remain suppression of enemy air defenses and radars, aiding in air raids, precision bombing, attacks on airfield, destruction of ground based EW systems, etc.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
What fact is that ? thnx..

Though I must admit GARUD involvement in CT ops is very quiet but I know for a fact that during the last phase of the 4 year arduous training, they are quietly attached to the Paras and sent out on hunting missions. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles