Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Army foils infiltration bid along Loc in J&K

Jammu: Army troops on Monday foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.

"A group of suspected militants numbering three to four had entered into Indian side of Loc in forward area in Jhangard sector of Rajouri district around 0400 hours today," a senior Army official said.

Troops guarding the Loc observed the infiltrators and challenged them to surrender, he said, adding they opened fire on the troops who retaliated resulting in a gun battle.

The suspected militants escaped after about 30 minutes of exchange of fire and the infiltration bid was foiled, the official said.

There was no loss of life or injury to anyone during the incident, he said, adding the area has been cordoned off and search operations were being conducted.

:: Bharat-Rakshak.com - Indian Military News Headlines ::

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
That's the ZU-23, i.e. Zenitnaya Ustanovka, originally designed for Ack-Ack fire, but it works even better when shooting from a hilltop across a valley to the hill on the other side. This is a fantastic weapon, packs a lot of punch, often mounted on the back of UralAZ lorries and very easily manoeuvreable, i.e. one can swing the two barrels left-right or up-down very quickly.
ZU-23-2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ZU-23-2 was developed in the late 1950s. It was designed to engage low-flying targets at a range of 2.5 km as well as armoured vehicles at a range of 2 km and for direct defense of troops and strategic locations against air assault usually conducted by helicopters and low-flying airplanes.[1] Development of this weapon into a self-propelled anti-aircraft gun (SPAAG) led to the ZSU-23-4 Shilka.

Polish ZSU-23-2

charlyondfi

I still believe it's fair to say more than 50% success of mountain warfare will depend on infantry, and all those weapons they can carry with/by themselves, despite all those still-necessary study on such as long range artillery, cruise missle, choppers.

It's interesting I saw so high proportion those looking-great soldiers still carry AK-47 (?). Can Kunal sir or someone kindly help me identify those non-AK47 rifles, pls. I'm keen to know what they are. Tks

pmaitra

I still believe it's fair to say more than 50% success of mountain warfare will depend on infantry, and all those weapons they can carry with/by themselves, despite all those still-necessary study on such as long range artillery, cruise missle, choppers.

It's interesting I saw so high proportion those looking-great soldiers still carry AK-47 (?). Can Kunal sir or someone kindly help me identify those non-AK47 rifles, pls. I'm keen to know what they are. Tks
LMG Bren Clone:

INSAS AR with scope:

INSAS AR:

SLR or FN-FAL Clone:

Dragunov with scope:

INSAS AR (left) and FN-FAL Clone (right):

Kalashnikov (AKM or AK-47):

Carl Gustav ReCoil-Less Rifle:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
It's interesting I saw so high proportion those looking-great soldiers still carry AK-47 (?).
In counter Insurgency area Indian Army prefer AKM coz of its Round 7.62M43..

7.62m43 is a heavy and slow bullet cause more hydrostatic shock and incapacitating terrorist faster than 5.56mm..

RR stand for Rashtriya Rifles ( RR ) Specially created for Counter Insurgency warfare..

As this is same for Regular trooper but instead of AKM they are issued with Insas and there is no PKM as Pmaitra Bhai Posted..

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag

eventhough not much accurate,Akms are reliable and deadly than all other 5.56 caliber rifles and is the ultimate weapon for CT ops.In the 7.62 mm caliber it didn't have much competitors either except VZ58 or newly introduced ak103.Plus the expected life of an AK is about 40 to 50 years with out much maintenance.So obviously its the primary choice of RR and other ct forces.Remember russian spetsnaz and other CT units operating in dagestan and chechnya still prefers the old Akms made in late 1960s over other AK74S and ak100 series rifles.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag

the SLRs in the pics have different types of handguards.Please shed light on it.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
There are different types of FAL furniture produced in time by OFB, Newer type are with Fiber..

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag

The jawans, injured in the encounter with the Maoists, are being shifted to Ranchi from Medninagar

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
in the first video at 2;12 second is the 5th commando on the squad carrying a pkm?

pmaitra

Now PKMs had replaced the FnMAGS as the machine guns in the paras.
Interesting. Yes, I did notice the other guy carrying something like that.

So, any particular reason why? FN MAG has a shorter bullet than PK, but same calibre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles