Indian Army T- 90 (Bhishma) and T- 72 (M-1) Tanks

maximus777

Country flag
We'd need cope-cages even more, because not only our garbage still don't have an APS despite multiple tenders (LEDS-150 won over Iron first)...View attachment 228621...they don't even have the laser-warning sensor seen on a Russian trial versions of T-90S (those two thingys above the gun).View attachment 228623

Meanwhile, even Iraq has got Relikt on their skirts.View attachment 228624
What a sack of shi.t!! No doubt, IA will fight with its balls out and take horrendous casualties, but these are absolute relics at this point and have been proven as such since the first Gulf war in 1990.

shade

Country flag
What a sack of shi.t!! No doubt, IA will fight with its balls out and take horrendous casualties, but these are absolute relics at this point and have been proven as such since the first Gulf war in 1990.
Afsar class, both wearing olive green and in suit, finds a mountain of dead grunts is a small price to pay for their kickbacks via (((emergency procurements))).
Modi will probably have to also beg gora sahib for some maal and purchase it at inflated price because of "immediate requirement".

Think of Ukraine's fakiri but none of it is going to come for free

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Our original T-90S (cast turret batch of 300 odd) had 840hp, present ones has 1000hp. I read a news that they want 1200-1300hp as an upgrade by downsizing the desi 1500hp.

Russian T-90AM use, 1250hp but export variant MS has 1130hp.
This is happening.

But firstly we need to move every single piece of spare ammunition from the hull to turret bustle.

1824954_original.jpg
Ab bas ye ho jaye... T-100 naam dedo & fix the turret.

Black eagel_VTTV-2005 (5).jpg
VTTV2005_029.jpg

Last edited:

Blood+

Country flag
Let me give you some potent hopium. Army is upgrading all old T-72 tanks anyway with T-90 turrets. Take the T-90S turrets on bulk, transfer them to the T-72 fleet and build this new MS style turret with blowoff panels for the T-90 fleetwide upgrade.
They should move the whole damn autoloader to the bustle while they are at it.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
And please get rid of the old Catherine FCS. Russkies don't help us adapt it for firing new rounds, I read somewhere. We've been stuck firing 3BM Mango because of the autoloader's restriction. New FCS, bustle autoloader that they are developing for the FMBT, the new engine and a new turret, like the Burlak as an example.
1707657237693.png

1707657322075.png

And then finally we could load longer penetrators than the FSAPDS Mk2.
1707657527676.png

Blood+

Country flag
And please get rid of the old Catherine FCS. Russkies don't help us adapt it for firing new rounds, I read somewhere. We've been stuck firing 3BM Mango because of the autoloader's restriction. New FCS, bustle autoloader that they are developing for the FMBT, the new engine and a new turret, like the Burlak as an example.
View attachment 240298
View attachment 240299

And then finally we could load longer penetrators than the FSAPDS Mk2.
View attachment 240300
Isn't Catherin from France?? And wasn't it replaced with a Derivative of the FCS of Arjun that the DRDO developed and was being produced by Tata??

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
T-90 Leclerc edition.
I was thinking of this one but yeah, Leclerc fits the bill as well.
There's been so many concepts, only limited by engine & T/W ratio... If we can get a 1300hp powerpack then there are so many options to put a better turret with autoloader (will make room below to move the crew safer downwards as well). Just buy off a blueprint.

I agree we could use the 120mm gun of Arjun. It has a lot of ammo options with PCB, ATGM, HESH, TB plus the APFSDS is now better than T-90. Will get the job done unless you hit right at the best part is enemy armour.

PT-2001 Gepard of Poland.
9-1fbfc813b131682543c6a85ec37cb1f6.jpg

KMDB T-72 modernisation concept.
2012-concept-of-modernization-t-72-presented-by-kmdb-v0-i6tr9xs8bqtb1.jpg

GIAT proposed T-21 turret for Slovakia.
giat-proposal-to-modernise-slovak-t-72-tanks-with-t21-v0-vrbkwn8cqwsa1.png

Blood+

Country flag
There's been so many concepts, only limited by engine & T/W ratio... If we can get a 1300hp powerpack then there are so many options to put a better turret with autoloader (will make room below to move the crew safer downwards as well). Just buy off a blueprint.

I agree we could use the 120mm gun of Arjun. It has a lot of ammo options with PCB, ATGM, HESH, TB plus the APFSDS is now better than T-90. Will get the job done unless you hit right at the best part is enemy armour.
Oh hell no!! Don't you jinx it now, bud. But the rest is on point.

PT-2001 Gepard of Poland.
View attachment 240302
KMDB T-72 modernisation concept.
View attachment 240303
GIAT proposed T-21 turret for Slovakia.
View attachment 240304
GIAT's concept is the best one out of all.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Oh hell no!! Don't you jinx it now, bud. But the rest is on point.
y_tho_meme.jpg

I read about Russian war that 85% of tanks-kills are from AT-M, IED, Infantry, Arty & all sorts of aerial attacks. Tanks themselves have other things to engage. T-90 gun can only fire Mango, HE, HEAT (Arjun can't to HEAT, but the ATGM can have both HEAT & EFP warheads). We could maybe use a cannister-round for drones.

Anyways the middle one could be the quickest & cheapest upgrade. Rest will need complete overhaul. Hell, even FMBT turrets could do... Anything!

Blood+

Country flag
View attachment 240307
I read about Russian war that 85% of tanks-kills are from AT-M, IED, Infantry, Arty & all sorts of aerial attacks. Tanks themselves have other things to engage. T-90 gun can only fire Mango, HE, HEAT (Arjun can't to HEAT, but the ATGM can have both HEAT & EFP warheads). We could maybe use a cannister-round for drones.
PCB/ TB rounds can be fired from smoothbore guns as well. Granted, you'd need to add fins but who cares?? If for nothing else, a smooth bore gun should be picked due to their much longer service life.
Anyways the middle one could be the quickest & cheapest upgrade. Rest will need complete overhaul.
Nah, the main gun won't have enough elevation in most situations.

Last edited:

JBH22

View attachment 240307

Anyways the middle one could be the quickest & cheapest upgrade. Rest will need complete overhaul. Hell, even FMBT turrets could do... Anything!
In all wars, Russian gather their best officers to make detailed studies. Today's Russian army was a wake up call post 2008 Georgia incursion. Expect them to go big way after this conflict end. It will be the most combat experienced force.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles