Indian Army T- 90 (Bhishma) and T- 72 (M-1) Tanks

WolfPack86

Country flag
Indian T-90 tanks appear with ‘cope cage’ defense on top

Recent images circulated on social media showed Indian T-90S main battle tanks with large ‘Cope Cages’ on top.

These tanks with these rather unconventional structures were identified as part of the Western Command of the Indian Army, responsible for the border with Pakistan.

OSINT analysts referred to these attachments as “Cope Cages,” a sarcastic nickname for structures placed around tanks in the hope of providing protection against drones, missiles, or other anti-tank weapons.

The concept of “Cope Cage” armor involves attaching external frameworks, often resembling cages or grids, to the surface of tanks and other armored vehicles. These structures are designed to serve as an additional layer of defense, offering protection against various threats, including anti-tank guided missiles and, notably, drones.

The “Cope Cage” solution, while not conventional or factory-fitted armor, has demonstrated its effectiveness as a quick, improvised, and cost-efficient means of enhancing the protection of military assets. This approach exemplifies the adaptability and resourcefulness of military forces in responding to evolving threats in modern warfare.

Russian military forces have pioneered a unique solution to enhance the protection of their armored vehicles, which has colloquially been referred to as “Cope Cage.” This innovative approach to vehicle protection has now become an integral feature in the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, primarily to counter the threat posed by drones.

Some of the Israeli Merkava tanks have been spotted near the border with the Gaza Strip, equipped with such armor ‘cages’ on top of their turrets.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Indian Defence News:Reality of Virupaaksha Radar,INS Imphal Delivery,Indian T-72 Cope Cage

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Bhishma id on War Thunder (Brit-Commonwealth tech tree 😑).. with better winter camp than actual Indian tanks.
GarageImage_Bhishma_TWMP.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Bhishma id on War Thunder (Brit-Commonwealth tech tree 😑).. with better winter camp than actual Indian tanks.
View attachment 227626View attachment 227627
Possible Indian tech tree with unique Indian vehicles:

Lend lease M4A4 Sherman with PT-76 gun
Vijayantha
Vijayantha upgraded
Vijayantha catapult(130mm how.) ... Tarmour APC
Arjun prototype ... Tank Ex ... 105mm Light-tank
Arjun Mark 1 ... T-72 CIA ... Abhay IFV
Bhim (152mm how.) ... T-72 Ajeya Mk2 ... WhAP
Arjun Mark1A ... T-90 Bhishma

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag

duckkkkkk

Country flag
hello. I joined this forum to ask this question.
This is overhaul process video played by AVANI in ADEX2023, is there a place where I can see the original version of this on the Internet? It's quite interesting, so I wonder if there are any more videos like this.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Ajeya Mk-2 Tank In 5 minutes, India's T-72 Ajeya Mk-2, future of Indian Army

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
When i first saw this.. I thought of the cage structure even before it existed. In 2013, back when i was still trying to get into DRDO.View attachment 228604
We'd need cope-cages even more, because not only our garbage still don't have an APS despite multiple tenders (LEDS-150 won over Iron first)...
T-90S MBT with Iron Fist APS.jpg
...they don't even have the laser-warning sensor seen on a Russian trial versions of T-90S (those two thingys above the gun).
T-90SA-Foto5.jpg

Meanwhile, even Iraq has got Relikt on their skirts.
l2twuhs6klb61.jpg

Last edited:

kaboom

Country flag
hello. I joined this forum to ask this question.
This is overhaul process video played by AVANI in ADEX2023, is there a place where I can see the original version of this on the Internet? It's quite interesting, so I wonder if there are any more videos like this.
Not exactly the og version but can contain some information . Readvised it is not in English

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles