Indian Army Armored Vehicles

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
basicaly that vehicle is used for NBC recce.. those will be planted or painted where there is chemical or bio contamination...
I believe the flags can be deployed remotely from inside the vehicle.

W.G.Ewald

Those are proders to poke and probe the ground for mines and contaminations...
NBC surveillance vehicles are not used for mine detection. They detect contamination with sensors, not with long probes.

Maybe you are trying to be funny?
M1135 Nuclear, Biological, Chemical, Reconnaissance Vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The M1135 Nuclear, Biological, Chemical Reconnaissance Vehicle (NBCRV) provides nuclear, biological and chemical detection and surveillance for battlefield hazard visualization.

The NBCRV provides situational awareness to increase the combat power of the SBCT.[3] The core of the NBCRV is its on-board integrated NBC sensor suite and integrated meteorological system. An NBC positive overpressure system minimizes cross-contamination of samples and detection instruments, provides crew protection, and allows extended operations at MOPP 0. It replaces the M93 Fox vehicle.

The NBCRV detects and collects chemical and biological contamination in its local environment on the move through point detection (CBMS and JBPDS), and at a distance through the use of a stand off detector (JSLSCAD). It automatically integrates contamination information from detectors with input from on-board navigation and meteorological systems and automatically transmits digital NBC warning messages through the Maneuver Control System.

Bhadra

Country flag
NBC surveillance vehicles are not used for mine detection. They detect contamination with sensors, not with long probes.

Maybe you are trying to be funny?
Then you do not know the job of Chemical and Biological contamination recce and identification and marking of of limits of contamination.

What if contamination has occurred over a mine field?

You say funny ??? You or me ?? read relevant FM !!

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Then you do not know the job of Chemical and Biological contamination recce and identification and marking of of limits of contamination.

I served several years as a Chemical Operations NCO and instructed junior soldiers on NBC tasks from the FMs. You, on the other hand, are quite ignorant on almost every subject you pontificate about, and insist on arguing with your betters and those much more knowledgeable than you. That you haven't been permanently removed from this forum continues to be a mystery to me.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Kunal, was this picture taken by you ? If so can u confirm if the turret of the EX Tank is (significantly) smaller than the Arjun's ?
No not by me, but Sayareakd Sir..

Though Ex turret was smaller than Arjun from front and side..

Bhadra

Country flag
I served several years as a Chemical Operations NCO and instructed junior soldiers on NBC tasks from the FMs. You, on the other hand, are quite ignorant on almost every subject you pontificate about, and insist on arguing with your betters and those much more knowledgeable than you. That you haven't been permanently removed from this forum continues to be a mystery to me.
I asked you a simple question. What happens if a chemical attacks takes place on troops crossing a mine field during an attack? This vehicle will just bump into the mine field just like that? As it is prodder is the basic tool for any field engineer force which has multiple uses.

bhramos

Country flag

how can this vehicle go on mine field!!!
thats a joke to me.....

Bhadra

Country flag
how can this vehicle go on mine field!!!
thats a joke to me.....
Before this vehicle would venture into a mine field, it is required to be made safe and the engineer stick inside the BPM will have to prod and clear it of ATK mines. Besides venturing over any are, mined on not, probing the area is basic engineer drill.

Whatever it may be provisioning proders outside an engineer vehicle is no harm any way.

Bhadra

Country flag
Critical Tasks

Certain tasks must be accomplished during a zone recon unless specifically directed otherwise by the
commander. Based on time and the commander's intent, the commander may direct the recon towards
specific information only. The critical tasks are:
"¢ Reconnoiter all terrain within the zone for contamination.
"¢ Locate all previously reported NBC attack areas and determine if there is still a hazard.
"¢ Locate all possible contamination within the zone.
"¢ Check all water sources for contamination.
"¢ Locate all commercial chemical, pharmaceutical, medical, or nuclear facilities.
"¢ Report all information.
"¢ Mark contaminated areas.
"¢ Locate routes to by-pass contamination.

http://library.enlisted.info/field-manuals/series-3/FM3-10~1/CHAP1.PDF

Can above critical tasks be carried out without use of Engineers tools and equipment...... I do not know why prodders have become of a problem for this guy.

Articles