India Strikes Against Pakistani Terrorism 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
PA and PAF have invested considerable amount of money keeping in mind the terrain hugging low flying aircraft and cruise missile types.

Plus when ordinary radars ( not specialized for detecting low level targets amidst high clutter) are located at a height by means of towers,they can detect and track such low flying missiles.

And PA has plenty Oerlikon 35 mm radar directed AAA which can make mincemeat of the incoming cruise missiles provided sufficient warning time is available. Then PAF has the LY-80E which can also shoot down these lacm.
When cruise missile does get launched, they have to be launched in multiples of 10...

An medium sized airfield might require atleast 50 cruise missiles.. combination of both Brahmos and nirbhay... Brahmos for hardened shelters and nirbhay for radar station, ATC etc.. and SANT to take care of runway...

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
PA and PAF have invested considerable amount of money keeping in mind the terrain hugging low flying aircraft and cruise missile types.

Plus when ordinary radars ( not specialized for detecting low level targets amidst high clutter) are located at a height by means of towers,they can detect and track such low flying missiles.

And PA has plenty Oerlikon 35 mm radar directed AAA which can make mincemeat of the incoming cruise missiles provided sufficient warning time is available. Then PAF has the LY-80E which can also shoot down these lacm.
Terrian hugging missiles are real headache. Especially in JnK , with mountains and valleys.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Terrian hugging missiles are real headache. Especially in JnK , with mountains and valleys.
Cruise missiles are generally used for strategic locations. What are the possible strategic locations on PoK?

tomato

Present situation of Pakistan described by Dr. Arif Ali..look at the laughter they are making out of present economic crisis.. complete mental breakdown

sorcerer

Country flag
There is something serious going on ~Tomorrow is 16th which was well Advertised by Pak ~ #CFV has Started from morning Targets include Civillian ~3 Areas are on Alert in #Kashmir including Katra Base Camp of Maa Vaishno Devi Shrine Some thing is Cooking

Gandaberunda

Country flag
There is something serious going on ~Tomorrow is 16th which was well Advertised by Pak ~ #CFV has Started from morning Targets include Civillian ~3 Areas are on Alert in #Kashmir including Katra Base Camp of Maa Vaishno Devi Shrine Some thing is Cooking

If jihadis try to attack Hindu holy place RAW must make counter attacks similarly to how they did during khalistan movement and bombed one paki city in retaliation for a strike in India. Supply ammo to Balochs they'll hit jihadis where it hurts

sorcerer

Country flag

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Not necessarily, Nirbhay has low rcs and terrain hugging capabilities, it can fly at tree top level and go round and round around the target to fool the air defense before strike. Plus it should be more cheaper than brahmos.
It's best for me not to answer. Because I have to talk about many things as you are unaware about them.

I will say only this. IAF Jags are mud movers. They train to penetrate into Pakistani airspace at 100 metres and less at speeds above 700 kmph. PAF and PA know this.
Hence they have set up a network of tower mounted radars specializing in low altitude low RCS targets.

Secondly, Nirbhay doesn't have a low RCS. 70 percent of the reduction comes from shaping.
I dont think you have ever seen any low observable cruise missile.

Do look up Kh-101, AGM-158 JASSM. Even Agm-86 had a low RCS. Storm shadow and Kh-59MK2 are examples of low RCS missiles. You don't get low RCS with a cylindrical body.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
When cruise missile does get launched, they have to be launched in multiples of 10...

An medium sized airfield might require atleast 50 cruise missiles.. combination of both Brahmos and nirbhay... Brahmos for hardened shelters and nirbhay for radar station, ATC etc.. and SANT to take care of runway...
This is how it works . Brahmos is first used to take out the primary air surveillance radar, the engagement cum fire control radar of the Sam battery there, the C3I command and control node.

Once you have neutralized these, you send in Nirbhays by the 10s.

Plus Brahmos gives you the element of surprise to a certain degree. No matter how low you fly,, if you have radars mounted on aerostats or on towers, you can see them coming from a tactically significant distance away.

We have a deployed aerostat at Barnala.

There are other missiles in our arsenal for SEAD missions.

Every missile has a specific role and is used in a certain manner.

PS- Why do you think IAF has ground launched Brahmos in its inventory? Brahmos can't be used to dispense SFM onto the airfield or on the dispersal area. It doesn't have a cluster warhead option yet. So it must be used in other roles.

IAF also has Prithvi-3 in its arsenal.

lcafanboy

Country flag
Without 4th marriage, nope.
Give him a chance,sir.
If Jeff Bezos is okay with Imran, Pak don't have to beg IMF every year on their independence day anymore!
Imran shd woo MacKenzie.
She's worth $35bn.
Why not Donald Trump he is worth 20 trillion dollars. Only thing is here I'MRAAND khan will have to lay himself down to offer him BJs and Ass......:pound::pound::pound:

Arihant Roy

Country flag

Thats why IA has ordered a double digit no of Bharani 2D radars. These are gapfiller radars and are deployed on mountains and peaks overlooking the valleys. Bharani is a L band radar 2D radar.

IAF operates the Aslesha S band 3D radar. Both are low level light weight radars.

IA and IAF are fully cognizant of the threat posed by terrain hugging Mirage 5 of the PAF and their stockpiles of Babur LACM and Raad air launched cruise missiles. Hence they have deployed the radars in vulnerable positions in Kashmir, Uttarkhand and Himachal Pradesh. PAF wont be able to pull a fast one on us, sneak up and attack Budgam or Thoise or Awantipora. We have all the approaches covered.

PS- I am forgetting this pilot's name. He was on a sortie to ascertain the effectiveness of the deployed radars when he had a bird hit/or something malfunctioned and he crashed. He was flying a Bison. This is from some years back. He sustained fatal injuries in the crash.

And Mk2 variants of Aslesha Bharani are presently under developement.
Infact Bharani mk2 is a 3D variant of mk1.

Aghore_King

Country flag
It's best for me not to answer. Because I have to talk about many things as you are unaware about them.

I will say only this. IAF Jags are mud movers. They train to penetrate into Pakistani airspace at 100 metres and less at speeds above 700 kmph. PAF and PA know this.
Hence they have set up a network of tower mounted radars specializing in low altitude low RCS targets.

Secondly, Nirbhay doesn't have a low RCS. 70 percent of the reduction comes from shaping.
I dont think you have ever seen any low observable cruise missile.

Do look up Kh-101, AGM-158 JASSM. Even Agm-86 had a low RCS. Storm shadow and Kh-59MK2 are examples of low RCS missiles. You don't get low RCS with a cylindrical body.
Dude, i am not saying that Nirbhay is invincible, given the correct circumstances, even the brahmos can be intercepted.
They've tried to mask the inlet of Nirbhay, Tomahawk has an rcs of around 0.3 to 0.5 m sq. , Nirbhay should have the rcs in same range. Couple it with loitering ability and terrain hugging, Nirbhay can prove to be very lethal. In today's test it was tested for very low altitude.

Skdas

Dude, i am not saying that Nirbhay is invincible, given the correct circumstances, even the brahmos can be intercepted.
They've tried to mask the inlet of Nirbhay, Tomahawk has an rcs of around 0.3 to 0.5 m sq. , Nirbhay should have the rcs in same range. Couple it with loitering ability and terrain hugging, Nirbhay can prove to be very lethal. In today's test it was tested for very low altitude.
A LACM with a radar decoy in a loitering flight profile would look like a terrain hugging Mig looking for an entry point on the radar screen. By the time it is "Looked Into" , Jags flying tree top would be half way to their targets

Aghore_King

Country flag
A LACM with a radar decoy in a loitering flight profile would look like a terrain hugging Mig looking for an entry point on the radar screen. By the time it is "Looked Into" , Jags flying tree top would be half way to their targets
Cost to benefit ratio....you saw what happened when Varthman was captured, otoh it won't matter much even if pakis managed to shoot down one or two cruise missiles from the dozens fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles