India Strikes Against Pakistani Terrorism 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnantS

Country flag
Sure Netra is cheaper.....but our pals in IAF are too classy to go for anything cheap :)
Hope the AWACS with A330 gets going soon.........
(and the Air-to-ground capability can be incorporated in any AWACS too...nothing specific to Embraer)
no no you missed important hint.. good col is hinting Netra has some ground mapping (slar) kind of capabilities.Also overall nimbleness - combined with with less footprint(compared to full bodied awacs) - have their own advantages.

Enquirer

no no you missed important hint.. good col is hinting Netra has some ground mapping (slar) kind of capabilities.Also overall nimbleness - combined with with less footprint(compared to full bodied awacs) - have their own advantages.
I agree with the smaller footprint & probably even nimbleness.
SAR capabilities could be incorporated in any AWACS.
I think 360 deg coverage is the key aspect that IAF wants. (Netra's 240 degree coverage is good, but leaves big blindspots)

AnantS

Country flag
I agree with the smaller footprint & probably even nimbleness.
SAR capabilities could be incorporated in any AWACS.
I think 360 deg coverage is the key aspect that IAF wants. (Netra's 240 degree coverage is good, but leaves big blindspots)
No doubt 360 deg is must.. what Good col was saying, we should not have stopped producing more netra alongside pursuing full 360 deg awacs

Enquirer

No doubt 360 deg is must.. what Good col was saying, we should not have stopped producing more netra alongside pursuing full 360 deg awacs
Agreed. We should have kept it going till the new AWACS became available.

I wonder if a high powered AESA radar (like an upgraded UTTAM) could go in the nose of Netra to give it an extra 60 degree coverage - if not a full 360, it could be upped to 300 degrees from the current 240 degrees coverage.

Reactions: Kay

AnantS

Country flag
Agreed. We should have kept it going till the new AWACS became available.

I wonder if a high powered AESA radar (like an upgraded UTTAM) could go in the nose of Netra to give it an extra 60 degree coverage - if not a full 360, it could be upped to 300 degrees from the current 240 degrees coverage.
Bacche(ERJ 145) ki jaan loge ab..? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles