INDIA - MALDIVES Relations

Cheran

Country flag
So now, Piss-susu says he will review all the 100 agreements signed between Maldives & India in addition to no Indian troops (uniformed or otherwise, i believe this would include even ex-servicemen).

Piss-susu, as per reports, will also procure "equipment's" to do hydro-graphic surveys' "independently".

Piss-susu, as per reports, will also procure "equipment's" to monitor Maldives EEZ so that is not "violated".

To me, what this looks like is a detachment of bat munchers sitting there.

Blademaster

So now, Piss-susu says he will review all the 100 agreements signed between Maldives & India in addition to no Indian troops (uniformed or otherwise, i believe this would include even ex-servicemen).

Piss-susu, as per reports, will also procure "equipment's" to do hydro-graphic surveys' "independently".

Piss-susu, as per reports, will also procure "equipment's" to monitor Maldives EEZ so that is not "violated".

To me, what this looks like is a detachment of bat munchers sitting there.
Then it is time to take the fucking gloves off and bitch slap this pissful fucker. We cannot allow Chinese to establish a foothold in the Indian Ocean anymore.

DingDong

Country flag
Then it is time to take the fucking gloves off and bitch slap this pissful fucker. We cannot allow Chinese to establish a foothold in the Indian Ocean anymore.
That will still be a defensive posture (aggressive defense), and that is exactly how China wants us to react. It wants to restrict us within our immediate neighborhood by creating new flash points (Maldives in this case).

India must go on a full offensive and increase cooperation with the countries surrounding the South China Sea and increase our naval presence in that region. We need to stretch and break China's "string of perls" and restrict it's operational capabilities within the IoR by increasing the defense capabilities of it's hostile neighbours.

I am not suggesting to ignore Maldives, I am just asking for a cool, calculated, and wider strategic response.

He wants to extract a reaction from India. I say, don't wrestle with a pig. Not worth our time and effort.

brat4

Country flag
Guys, no matter how much Maldives cries, it cannot change it's location.
And reacting immediately to provocation could lead to some negative side effects.
I would like to believe EAM JaiShankar ji has enough skill to manipulate Maldives.
As of now am not concerned about Maldives and use it as a way to develop our own islands for tourism.

Soon there will be elections. SL was in similar "I will go to China, Indians go away" mode.

In the words of a famous person
"Yaha Bhi khuda, waha Bhi khuda, jaha nahi khuda, waha kal khudega"

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
Guys, no matter how much Maldives cries, it cannot change it's location.
And reacting immediately to provocation could lead to some negative side effects.
I would like to believe EAM JaiShankar ji has enough skill to manipulate Maldives.
As of now am not concerned about Maldives and use it as a way to develop our own islands for tourism.

Soon there will be elections. SL was in similar "I will go to China, Indians go away" mode.

In the words of a famous person
"Yaha Bhi khuda, waha Bhi khuda, jaha nahi khuda, waha kal khudega"
We can occupy few of their islands, encircling them will prevent other forces from entering

hurrians

Country flag
Muizzi wanted to conduct election asap, but opposition with its majority in parliament twice passed the bill for deferment, now aprl 21 is the election. People will always strive to have stable relationship with neighbours, if not, the leaders will surely lead the country to bankruptacy. But whatever, the leader or its policy, we can guide them to the right path , through many lengthy chai biscuit sessions.

Anyway let's wait for the election results.

Rango

Country flag
Good news. A 33% drop in Indian tourists up to March 2024 versus up to March 2023.

The number of Indian tourists visiting the country has fallen sharply by 33 per cent as compared from March 2023 to March 2024. While more than 41,000 Indian tourists visited Maldives in 2023 in March 2023, only 27,224 went for a trip to the South Asian country in March 2024.
Full effect will only be felt in the coming months, since most Jan and Feb visitors probably booked before the recent conflict began.

raju1982

Country flag
That will still be a defensive posture (aggressive defense), and that is exactly how China wants us to react. It wants to restrict us within our immediate neighborhood by creating new flash points (Maldives in this case).

India must go on a full offensive and increase cooperation with the countries surrounding the South China Sea and increase our naval presence in that region. We need to stretch and break China's "string of perls" and restrict it's operational capabilities within the IoR by increasing the defense capabilities of it's hostile neighbours.

I am not suggesting to ignore Maldives, I am just asking for a cool, calculated, and wider strategic response.

He wants to extract a reaction from India. I say, don't wrestle with a pig. Not worth our time and effort.
China was successful in this strategy with a lapdog named porkistan. keep India busy in Soith asia.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles