India Launched Surgical Strikes Across LoC: DGMO 29/09/2016

Country flag
- There are some questions as to why I reveal details which can be considered sensitive. Firstly, the info is heavily filtered, from my source( blood relation), neither he nor I would ever put our men in harm's way. I only revealed some juicy details which have been confirmed vaguely by other officers, the methods used in a very broad sense, I can find plenty of such details from other ops given by other journalists during other times, hence I do it as a service to our men & women who risk so much for us, for often very little. As for authenticity, I write what I know from my well placed source. If fiction writing was my calling, I would pursue a career in that but I can't write for shit.

- Secondly, some reports say, SF went in by foot, small correction only Ghataks went in by foot supported by respective infantry. SF HAHOed in, the launching pads deeper in had protective fields of fire from the large PA posts, it would have been an uphill battle had they gone in by foot. The only easy way was to approach from behind. As mentioned 2*12 men SF teams, 1*8 man Garud team and 3*20 men Ghatak teams went in. There are some ridiculous claims of 7 SF teams and such, all hogwash. You don't send a company worth of SF for such simple missions. Often its regular infantry and Ghataks who are best suited for such raids and they have been busy with it for many years. SF was only chosen to be involved because of very close proximity to large enemy posts that could quickly deploy small teams of BATS, platoon strength units of Rangers. SF was best equipped including with suppressed weapons, NVG etc. As said previously EW units ensured Porki radar images were duped. 3 choppers deployed the SF teams well with in the LOC (between 18-30km). All teams including respective infantry had a couple of men wearing helmet cams, the whole thing was filmed on the ground and in air by drones, Dhruv/Rudra helos.
I have some reports of precision guided artillery being used- can you confirm-

Darth Malgus

Country flag
Any Idea whats going on in the border ? There has been so many ceasefire violations...

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Note the last paragraph, as far as we know this is the first operation that came into public limelight. And yet this defence journal is reporting a false statement..

India, Pakistan unlikely to deliberately escalate hostilities but publicising covert operation encourages public pressure, driving war risk

Key Points

• Deliberate military escalation between India and Pakistan remains highly unlikely in the coming weeks and months and will remain limited to routine artillery and small arms fire across the Line of Control in Kashmir and, less likely, in northern Punjab.
  • Medium-term war risk, however, has risen from a low base: the publicising of India's reported "surgical strike" sets a precedent of satisfying Indian public pressure for a military response to frequent incursions of Pakistan-based militants into Indian-administered Kashmir that widens the scope for miscalculation on both sides.
  • India's diplomatic effort to isolate Pakistan is unlikely to result in a fundamental change to the positions of the UN Security Council's permanent members in the coming year.

Indian authorities claimed that on the night of 28/29 September, a small group of Indian commandos conducted a four-hour raid on up to eight terrorist "launch pads" 5km into Pakistan-administered Kashmir. All public information about the operation, described as "surgical strikes", remains unverified and is from a short press statement by the Indiandirector general of military operations, and reporting in The Hindu and The Times of India newspapers. These reports claim between 30 and 45 militants were killed by Indian forces and in some accounts, that the small ground force was given helicopter air cover. Pakistan's military denies that any "surgical strike" took place and insists that Indian action on 29 September was limited to routine firing across the Line of Control - 5km would be well within the range of Indian mortars and artillery cross-border fire would not carry risks associated with an air/ground incursion. Border villages in Indian-administered Jammu and Kashmir were evacuated the following day and the bordering states of Punjab, Gujarat, and Rajasthan were put on high alert.

Escalating media management, not military force
Although no details of any Indian operation can be independently established, and both sides will be keen to limit the publication of any operational details, small and targeted Indian operations of the claimed type have been briefed by Indian intelligence and military officials to Indian and foreign media several times in recent years.

http://www.janes.com/article/64273/...n-encourages-public-pressure-driving-war-risk

Bangalibaba

Country flag
I'm just a bit disappointed that the DGMO announced that India has no plans for further action at this time. He should have said further action as necessary to make Pakistan waste money while staying on high alert. How long till they run out of money for jet fuel and tow their F16s with bullock carts? :bs:
IMHO,IA is not olden days' dacoits,who'll announce first and then will come to rob.Pak is anyway on high alert and will remain so for a considerable period. IA has given Pak a kind of face saver, throwing out the video will put Pak army into the corner, and we wouldn't want that yet. Thus DGMO said it's a one off operation. But be very sure,what he actually meant was the bang opposite as the PA saber-rattling and having a very low threshold of Nuke use is outta window. So we'll march along the LOC again if required and create havoc if need comes. PA has got the message loud and clear..

WARREN SS

Country flag
Tell her that she's going to Adilabad (Kashmir) jail, and bring her to Adilabad (Telangana) instead. Our mosquitoes would gladly bleed her with a thousand cuts.
I think Such People we should have separate jail Though I have Idea Why Not Cellular jail Aka Kala Pani Should Open once again.It will be ours Guantanamo Bay

Darth Malgus

Country flag
I think Such People we should have separate jail Though I have Idea Why Not Cellular jail Aka Kala Pani Should Open once again.It will be ours Guantanamo Bay
Send her to the Andama Jails.....and forget her there

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
Videos will be doctored and Photos morphed and proves nothing according to Al Bakistan.

Articles