India and U.S. in talks on F-16 jet factory - Lockheed

Hari Sud

Country flag
OK, as a scenario let us assume that India buys the F-16 and US relocates F-16 factory with technology to India. Will in return US stop the supply of spares to Pakistan?

I do not think US will agree hence they should not assume that india would agree to whatever US says.

Narasimh

Country flag
There's just no proof of it. Even the French who are market competitors with F-16 and American defense companies did not entertain this claim of alleged F-16 shoot down.
IAF is an honorable org with highest standards of integrity which is well known through out the world. Their word is good enough. And there is also enough circumstantial evidence to back the claim.

We are not same as Pak military that spreads propaganda to keep their people happy.

And why do we need validation from the French? It was our operation, we were engaged and our chief of air staff validated that F-16 was shot down. French kiss not required here man!

Narasimh

Country flag
OK, as a scenario let us assume that India buys the F-16 and US relocates F-16 factory with technology to India. Will in return US stop the supply of spares to Pakistan?

I do not think US will agree hence they should not assume that india would agree to whatever US says.
US has enough interests in Pak (incl. afghanistan and iran issue) which will give pak some negotiation power for the spares. India will not buy F-16/21.. More rafales will come

Indrajit

Country flag

I think that buying US planes, either of them will be strategic decisions and made more urgent by the need to reduce the trade surplus since that’s being targeted by this Prsident but will also be targeted by any future President. Add to it that we almost certainly have no money to buy more Rafales, it’s very likely that we will go for one of the American platforms.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles