Imported Single Engine Fighter Jet Contest

Defcon 1

Country flag
Great discovery indeed!!!. what I typed was an immediate response highlighting the the role of lower RCS Tejas ,

That was my guess then and I still stand by it.

Lets see who is right when facts become known to public latter.

Meanwhile do you have any answers for the following questions to prove me wrong?

1. The cumulative RCS of Tejas with sleeker air to air missiles,

2. The detection range of F-16 blk 60's Radar for that cumulative RCS figure,

3. The cumulative RCS figure of F-16 with sleeker air to air missiles,

4. The detection range of Tejas mk-2's radar for that cumulative RCS figure,

I am 100 percent sure , you don't have them either.

Nobody needs to win any argument here. this is supposed to be a debate , where people are allowed to bring forth differing points of views leading to an animated discussion , that is the beauty of the forums in the net. What I posted was not a blatant lie as you made it out to be. It was my view considering the supposed to be lower RCS of Tejas(in line with the RCS of TYPHOON and RAFALE,).

No need to call the other guy a troll in a silly manner.

If you want no one to post views opposing yours you can start a website with the warning "my words here are the final holy grail of truth"

So I did post my views. If you have conclusive answers for the above questions you can prove me wrong and win all the arguments yourself.
Do you even realize you seem right now?

You made claims just based on a guess, and you think you are actually arguing.

I am not the one who has to prove anything since I didn't make any claim. You did, so prove it or stop talking. Anyways, this is my last post to you. I have realized that it is hopeless to have a discussion with you.

According to your logic, if I today say that AMCA will be able to carry out carpet bombing at Mars based on my guess, I cannot be called wrong unless it is proved that AMCA cannot go to mars.

Last edited:

vishwaprasad

Country flag
I don't know you are a die hard fan of WWF. You want each and every individual fighters of the opposing force to jump into the ring like in WWF one on one or like those duels in old western films?

A prithvi missile has a range of 300 km. Agni variants have ranges varying from 300 to 5000 km. SO you call prithvi useless?

Do you know how many forward air defence bases that the IAF has? And which fighter will be more suitable to be place d there?

Every plane will have to operate within it's range only.What is the point of contention in it?

How can you expect a 6 ton empty weight plane to go deep into enemy territory?

For your information a lot of precious enemy air defense assets and targets will be located within the Tejas range and tejas will be used against those assets in war . SO it will fly into combat theater.

In the same way longer range fighters will attack assets located deep within the enemy territory. So what is wrong in having TEJAS which can do the same job in forward areas as capably as those long range fighters?

A significant number of targets during war time will be well within the Tejas 's range and all heavies of opposing forces will have to take on Tejas if they come inside indian air space. So Tejas will ahve as much fighting to do as the imported stuff.

Where do you think moving columns of armor will be engaging in combat? On the border or deep inside the enemy territory?If they are on the border , tejas will be employed in ground strikes against them . And during those times it will have to face enemy air defences and enemy fighters as well.
Well prithvi is useful if it is used against Pakistan as most of their vital spots are very close to Indian border, in case of china they are useless. That is why we have Agni series. This is what I am talking about LCA. You say whatever you want to but LCA being a smaller aircraft will be having smaller radar, lesser avionics, fuel , weapons and in all these areas F-16 is far ahead of LCA. F-16 latest block fighter with AIM-120, JHMCS, AESA radar will take on LCA in BVR without a much problem, LCA being light weight delta wing fighter will be in even uncomfortable position if it faces highly agile F-16 armed with AIM-9X in WVR.

You want India to go bust financially by buying 1000s of high end foreign fighters which incidentally will give the same capacity as the much cheaper LCA with in the borders of the country?
This is what the tragedy Is that we cannot fully rely on LCA"¦btw india will not send all her flankers, rafales together in one go"¦.there will be different kind of missions for it and as per that jets will be dispatched"¦but there will be many of them flying over our air space for home defense as well"¦I would prefer our Fulcrum UPGs to take lead in home defense rather than LCA doing it alone.

you can take some time out to appreciate the decades long effort of indigenous capability that IAF will have with Tejas as well. And how tejas brings great flexibility to IAf allowing it to use those heavy imported fighters in the long range roles intended for them.
That is fully appreciated but that does not mean that I will believe it to the extent that it can take on F-16 latest series type of fighters"¦.they are there to do the job of their caliber and it is point defense"¦.they are not capable of doing the dirty operations in the beginning. Its not a day one fighter"¦ "¦.F-16 is, MKI is, Rafale is and even M2K is"¦ LCA can be sent when enemy has already lost much of its fighters in combat, if not then it has to stick to its own air space and this is the difference between LCA and Viper"¦.

So if people does not have choice like the chinese , they will build stealth fighters,

While great nation like India which has all the choices will be sucking up the foreign defence majors forever ,

even when there exists a technical capability to design a medium fighter like LCA Tejas that can do the job pretty favourably within the forward areas, where more than 50 percent of combat missions are going to be flown?
You asked why china is building J-20? Are they equally good as LM, Boeing etc"¦so I just replied to it"¦they are building those stealth planes so are we in the form of AMCA that's it"¦but still that does not make both us comparable to western powers or Russians in one night"¦

So if fighters age they will simply graduate to 4.5th gen as per your theory . AM I right? Are their airframes organic and evolve like human beings? Then why are you not ready to grant the same evolution for Tejas as well?

Only avionics and missiles can be upgraded, The upgraded Mirage still has the lower TWR than TEJAs and higher RCS than Tejas. Do you know that or not?

SO if IAF thought that these upgraded mirages are good enough so that they can buy 126 of them even in 2005, then why are people pouring scorn over mk-2 which will bring much higher combat capacity than Mirage in the form of lower RCs and higher TWR, within it's unrefuelled range?
Whatever but still the fact remains that M2K is serving as frontline fighter in many airforces and still bombing the hell out of enemy in Libya, Mali etc"¦they even bombed the hell out of Pakistanis in Kargil"¦in fact it was M2K and Boforse who were the game changers"¦for LCA it has not yet joined the service so it is too early to comment just because some data is avail on the net"¦

You can goolge and also find out the exact number of planes in mk-1 and mk-2 versions that are ordered.
Still I m waiting for FOC"¦till then there is no point in arguing"¦

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I think you missed my points above :

LCA MK-1 :

1. JHMCS = DASH
2. AIM-9X = R-73
3. AVONICS = LCA have edge when it have built in ecm suit
4. BVR = Eventiually it has to fire Astra and Debry..

And besides LCA MK-1 have edge in stealth technolgy over F-16B60..

I have given MK-2 specs above..

This is what I am talking about LCA. You say whatever you want to but LCA being a smaller aircraft will be having smaller radar, lesser avionics, fuel , weapons and in all these areas F-16 is far ahead of LCA. F-16 latest block fighter with AIM-120, JHMCS, AESA radar will take on LCA in BVR without a much problem, LCA being light weight delta wing fighter will be in even uncomfortable position if it faces highly agile F-16 armed with AIM-9X in WVR.
==============================================

That is only because you think so, And let me point out you cannot win a long War ( China ) with imports, You have to have home industry to supply aircraft and other parts without any hitches, This what develop countries do..

This is what the tragedy Is that we cannot fully rely on LCA"¦btw india will not send all her flankers, rafales together in one go"¦.there will be different kind of missions for it and as per that jets will be dispatched"¦but there will be many of them flying over our air space for home defense as well"¦I would prefer our Fulcrum UPGs to take lead in home defense rather than LCA doing it alone.
=============================================

In due time..

LCA it has not yet joined the service so it is too early to comment just because some data is avail on the net"¦

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Do you even realize you seem right now?
Right now I am sitting infront of my system in a chair. Don't make comic stetment. there is a difference between an educated guess based on logic and some cock and bull stories like

1."Tejas has a cranked delta wing form , because it can afford it " and

2."wing loading is a factor concerned with passenger aircrafts"

3."Only big fighters will carry long range BVRS"

4."Tejas is subsonic at sea level",

5."Tejas mk-1's top speed was stuck at mach 1.4"

6."A few Upgraded MIG-21 bisons will eat a squadron of Tejas fighters alive for break fast "

When these above claims where made in ADA tejas -III closed thread , you never felt free to question these wild stupid statements. And now holding me to accountable for a fair guess.

Instead reprimanded me to show respect to a senior poster making it. Now you are shamelessly picking on a non isssue and making commical grand standing.
You made claims just based on a guess, and you think you are actually arguing.

I am not the one who has to prove anything since I didn't make any claim. You did, so prove it or stop talking. Anyways, this is my last post to you. I have realized that it is hopeless to have a discussion with you.
If no one makes any claim based on weel known fact like a"a lower RCS fighter will use this feature to counter a bit higher power radar carrying higher RCS fighter" , then what is the point of a debate in a forum.
According to your logic, if I today say that AMCA will be able to carry out carpet bombing at Mars based on my guess, I cannot be called wrong unless it is proved that AMCA cannot go to mars.

Just stop this hallucination of proving me wrong. You haven't proved any point here.I can counter your stupid statement like "LCA was never meant to counter the BLK 60 "by promising on my great grand mother "that blk-60 was never meant to counter Tejas mk-2"
Any way I am a great admirer of your post . SO don't take anythig personal. Nothing excites me more than debating with you in this forum.

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Well prithvi is useful if it is used against Pakistan as most of their vital spots are very close to Indian border, in case of china they are useless. That is why we have Agni series. This is what I am talking about LCA.

So if you have few strategic targets that need to be taken out that lie within the 300 km range of PRITHVI missile at INDO-CHINA border area . What would you expect IA to do?
In that eventuality Will the indian starategic force commander will keep quiet because one vishwaprasad has decreed that PRITHVI is a missile against pakistan . So I won't use it against china.

How many kilometers from the indo china border will IAF counter the invading chinese fighters.

Will IAF issue a decree to it's bases that since 300 km range falls within the range of Tejas(which is pak specific according to the logic of your arguments ),

we should not engage chinese fighters with TEJAS mk-2?

Get real. There is a limit to strething stuff.
You say whatever you want to but LCA being a smaller aircraft will be having smaller radar, lesser avionics, fuel , weapons and in all these areas F-16 is far ahead of LCA. F-16 latest block fighter with AIM-120, JHMCS, AESA radar will take on LCA in BVR without a much problem, LCA being light weight delta wing fighter will be in even uncomfortable position if it faces highly agile F-16 armed with AIM-9X in WVR.
All the above claims are being debated from the beginning to the last of this thread, And you are pretending that noone has posted any technical points to counter your above mentioned points. Please read the whole thread crefully and you can find counters to your above statement all over this thread.
If a two front war occurs IAF will not put half it's fleet of FLANKERS and RAFALEs in bunkers , pretending that TEJAS mk-2 is a boy scout version of a plane. They know fully well how to deploy air assets like TEJAS , since it is being designed and redesigned according to their specs.

Do you think they are fools to give watered down specs for mk-2, making it unsuitable for deployment?

If in 2005 IAF had the confidence to fully rely on 126 MIRAGE-2000s to do the job of MMRCA winner today. LCA has more justification to earn the belief of IAF is my point.

That is fully appreciated but that does not mean that I will believe it to the extent that it can take on F-16 latest series type of fighters"¦.they are there to do the job of their caliber and it is point defense"¦.they are not capable of doing the dirty operations in the beginning. Its not a day one fighter"¦ "¦.F-16 is, MKI is, Rafale is and even M2K is"¦ LCA can be sent when enemy has already lost much of its fighters in combat, if not then it has to stick to its own air space and this is the difference between LCA and Viper"¦.
in the same way Tejas mk-2 too will fly in the airspace defended by J-10s and F-16s in it's forward deployment area.

All super duper vipers have no magic carpet to cross the airspace defended by LCA TEJAS MK-2 is a basic fact.

Tejas mk-2 too is a very latest series of fighter is my view.On day one LCA tejas will counter any invading F-16 or J-10 or anyother stuff PAF and PLAF will throw at it with full confidence of IAF. That's what IAF top bras (NTSE chief ) MUTHANNA implies by saying that TEJAS is a fine flying macine and deserves to be in squadron service in IAF.

You asked why china is building J-20? Are they equally good as LM, Boeing etc"¦so I just replied to it"¦they are building those stealth planes so are we in the form of AMCA that's it"¦but still that does not make both us comparable to western powers or Russians in one night"¦

Chinese are doing that means they are not equally stupid like few posters here eternally believin that china has crossed the holy grail and India is stuck at the gateway. compared to their previous attempts at fighters like J-10 and JF-17 LCA tejas is no pushover.

Whatever but still the fact remains that M2K is serving as frontline fighter in many airforces and still bombing the hell out of enemy in Libya, Mali etc"¦they even bombed the hell out of Pakistanis in Kargil"¦in fact it was M2K and Boforse who were the game changers"¦for LCA it has not yet joined the service so it is too early to comment just because some data is avail on the net"¦

This libiya , mali stories are no air superiority contests. The fact is TEJAS mk-2 will have
1. Far higher TWR,
2.Far lower RCS,
3. Far lower wing loading than mirage-2000s that are doing duty in mali, libiya and elsewhere in africa.

So within it's unfuelled range is a much better fighter is a basic fact.

Still I m waiting for FOC"¦till then there is no point in arguing"¦

Tejas mk-2 is better than 80 percent of fleet of fighters , IAF can field against invading enemy fighters. This fact need not wait for FOC.

It's huge wings resulting in more weight (thereby lesser TWR than viper , and lower wing loading than the viper ) is ther for a purpose.

To give it better acceleration at transsonic range where most of the close combat maneuvers take place and give it good handling ability in high altitude.

It results in lowest wingloading meaning the fighter generates more lift per KG than viper.It is not a coincidence , a design goal taylored as per IAF wish after it's experience with Mirage.

Naturally all low wing loading fighters will have lower STrs and higher ITRs than the high wing loading fighters.

IAf did have higher wing loading , high TWR fighters soviet fighters in it's fleet at that time.But still ADA went the opposite way means there is a reason for it.

features like high upper fusleage wing blending result in much better handling capability in Tejas , that can be noticed on all leading 4.5th gen fighters like RAFALE and TYPHOON and all the 5th gen stealths.

this feature is absent on previous gen airframe designs like J-10s and F-16s.
With highly unstable in all axis flight profile,
fully digital fly by wire,
more than 90 percent composite skin, and RAM coating along with one of the lowest clean config RCS
and the highest percentage of composites among all 4.5th gen fighters, it is as modern as any4.5th gen fighter can get.
So parroting it is a mere MIG-21 replacement and cannot take on any 4th gen fighter is bullshit.

Last edited:

p2prada

Aim9x != R-73. Aim-9x is superior.
ECM, F-16 was among the first aircraft to feature internal ECM. LCA Mk1 won't have internal ECM, LCA Mk2 will.
BVR, Aim-120C7 has different advantages over BVR like Derby and Astra Mk1, range tops the list. Aim-120D is far superior to Astra Mk1 and Derby.

It doesn't look like IAF will choose a better BVR than Astra Mk1 or Derby on LCA Mk1 today. We will need to wait for another 5 years before we know for sure which missile will be the standard for LCA Mk2 though. Astra Mk1 may be the standard missile, it is in the RVV-AE class.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Aim 9x was not born with F-16 block 60 either.

And it was not meant only for F-16 blk 60 as well.
Sukhoi -30 MKI is not inducted with BRAHMOS as well,
Since the missile came along it is integerated with SUKHOI-30 MKI.
tejas mk-2 has more than 3 decades worth of service life in IAF.
And will use any BVR , including METEOR or any thing that IAf will have ,
as it is totally and locally upgradable following open electronic architechture,

It has Y duct air intake taht completely shields the engine blades from frontal enemy radar just like RAFLE and TYPHOON,resulting in lower RCS, because the engine blades are one of the big RCS reflectors.

So it has all the attributes of a modern 4.5th gen fighter's design goals like,
1. lowest possible RCS,
2. Low wing loading(meaning higher lift per KG and better instantaneous turn rate so vital in close combat),
3.Will surely carry as big an ASEA radar as that of RAFALE which won the MMRCA competiton as both have same radome dia,
4.high upper fuselage wing blending,
5.RAM coating and RCS reduction effort at design phase itself like the RAFALE and TYPHOON,
6.Fully unstable on all axis flight profile flown by a quadreplex fully digital fly by wire control,
7. Will have the interface to carry the METEOR as ADA chief said in an interview to AJAI SHUKLA in broad sword,
8.comparable TWR,
9.Enourmously cheap compared to the cost of any 4.5th gen resulting inmore in number squadron strength in IAF for the same cost.
10. Relieving other heavy fighters to their original duties without confining them to the home air space during combat enourmously increasing the lethality of the IAF at an economical cost.

Last edited:

vishwaprasad

Country flag
Dear KB and Ersak I will reply tomorrow morning....GN...lets have fun on lazy Sunday :)

kshkumsin

Aim9x != R-73. Aim-9x is superior.
ECM, F-16 was among the first aircraft to feature internal ECM. LCA Mk1 won't have internal ECM, LCA Mk2 will.
BVR, Aim-120C7 has different advantages over BVR like Derby and Astra Mk1, range tops the list. Aim-120D is far superior to Astra Mk1 and Derby.

It doesn't look like IAF will choose a better BVR than Astra Mk1 or Derby on LCA Mk1 today. We will need to wait for another 5 years before we know for sure which missile will be the standard for LCA Mk2 though. Astra Mk1 may be the standard missile, it is in the RVV-AE class.
it will have internal countermeasures like
integrated defensive aids suite (IDAS)
AAR-60(V)2 MILDS F missile approach warning system, the EW management computer
Tarang Mk3 radar warning receiver
ELT-568 directional jammers

Defcon 1

Country flag
A LCA MK2 can take on an F-16 BLOCK 60 without much issues..

Some Edges of LCA MK-2 :

0. Its a very small nimble fighter made of entirely composite which reflect very less RCS compare to those in metal form..
1. It use radar reflecting and absorbing Paint as already used on LCA MK1..
2. It use DASH helmet which is more or less same as Euro-fighter / JSF helmet and Pilot can shoot Missiles with just his look on the target..
3. R-73 missiles are better than AIM-9 class A2A missiles used on most F-16..
4. Built In ECM Suit..
5. Bigger frame-less HUD :D

Tejas are more about Stealth, And combination of R-73 and DASH HMD and bigger HUD makes it a very formidable fighter in WVR ( Within visual range ), In BVR also it will have Meteor and Astra so does Debry, AESA is common on both Aircraft so no need to bring that..

==================================

F-16 is yesterday design & technology just pimped up to meet today challenge, Tejas are not..
Sirji don't want to argue with you, but the question is importance of stealth in fourth gen warfare. I have always been under the impression that due to range and accuracy concerns, BVR missiles are actually fired at a much lesser range than their effective ranges. So probably Tejas will not fire its BVR even after it has detected F16 before (That is if it is successful in doing so). I had read this so often I never felt the need to verify. I will do that once I get some time on my hands.

DASH is inferior than both JHMCS and EFT's HMSS. JHMCS is based on DASH itself, so it should obviously be superior. HMSS is even more superior than JHMCS as JHMCS missed crucial development when it was decided not to install JHMCS on F22.

Built in ECM suite is nothing special.

Also meteor has never been announced for Tejas. One can go on lengths stating how Tejas has "interface for using meteor" but how can one say that Tejas will be using a particular missile until IAF decides to buy it for Tejas?

4th gen warfare has not been dominated by the criteria mentioned by you but by those mentioned by @asianobserve in the post right after yours. We should compare both aircraft on those terms.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The first thing is to forget about the marketing term ' Generations ' , The points which are highlighted by me are the edges over F-16B52/60 not comparison..

In an Air-combat who ever strike first has more chances of winning, The edge in low radar signature is important, Let me give you an example :

During cope exerciser between IAF and USAF, MIG-21bisons were able to engage F-15 in WVR, the tactics was they were guided by SU-30MKI radar through secure data link and there ECM pod successfully hide them from F-15 radar, When WVR bisons with R-73 and Russian HMD proved formidable..

Give out the generation term coz a good updated 2nd generation can shoot down a 4th gen fighter..

--------------------------------

BVR engagements are well practiced in Gulf war against specially MIG-23 and MIG-25, The ranges were significant longer such as 70-90kms..

True about EFT HMD / JHMCS, But they are not based but influenced by DASH and Tejas use not old generation DASH but very latest version of DASH which is very much same as other in the same catagory..

Built in ECM is very useful just like Spectra, there are very few have such ability to detect and react to incoming threads from all angles, Its a life saving part for both aircraft and pilot..

meteor has announced @ersakthivel said the same, the link is posted on LCA-MK2 thread and details are there only..

Sirji don't want to argue with you, but the question is importance of stealth in fourth gen warfare. I have always been under the impression that due to range and accuracy concerns, BVR missiles are actually fired at a much lesser range than their effective ranges. So probably Tejas will not fire its BVR even after it has detected F16 before (That is if it is successful in doing so). I had read this so often I never felt the need to verify. I will do that once I get some time on my hands.

DASH is inferior than both JHMCS and EFT's HMSS. JHMCS is based on DASH itself, so it should obviously be superior. HMSS is even more superior than JHMCS as JHMCS missed crucial development when it was decided not to install JHMCS on F22.

Built in ECM suite is nothing special.

Also meteor has never been announced for Tejas. One can go on lengths stating how Tejas has "interface for using meteor" but how can one say that Tejas will be using a particular missile until IAF decides to buy it for Tejas?

4th gen warfare has not been dominated by the criteria mentioned by you but by those mentioned by @asianobserve in the post right after yours. We should compare both aircraft on those terms.

p2prada

DASH is inferior than both JHMCS and EFT's HMSS.
DASH III and JHMCS are basically the same.

We don't know if the standard fitment will be DASH IV or not on LCA Mk2. There is also a DASH V.

IAF will never opt for Meteor on LCA Mk2. They will push for Astra/Derby integration since Meteor will eat up funds which can go into FGFA. Meteor is a very expensive missile.

It is simple. There was Paveway 3 and Paveway 4 available. Even the latest model of Israeli Grifin was available. But IAF chose the significantly cheaper Paveway II for Jaguar.

Anyway, I wanted to add some points, or should I say misconceptions.

During CI-2004, the Mig-21s did not achieve radar locks, they achieved missile seeker locks after coming in WVR of the F-15s. Missile seeker lock can be achieved using the R-77 at a 18Km range and lesser.

No Su-30MK could datalink with any other aircraft apart from another Su-30MK. There were no MKIs in CI-2004. Even today most of the MKIs cannot integrate with any other aircraft except for 4 of their own. Sensor fusion is non-existent in the IAF. It will come with Super MKI upgrade and Rafale, that is once the Israeli ODL is ready for force wide integration. That's still a few years away.

The generation term is not a marketing gimmick. It is real and the differences are simply massive. Mig-21 started as a 2nd generation machine, but the Bison is a 4th generation aircraft. The Mig-21 Bis is a 3rd generation aircraft. While performance hasn't improved, difference in target seeking and engagement capabilities of the Bison vs the Bis is tremendous.

A Mig-21 Bison is no match for the F-15. The Bison succeeded against the F-15 only because, first reason, the F-15 pilots were already fighting Su-30MKs and Mig-29s and could not focus on another aircraft without AWACS support. Meaning battlespace management was impossible in the scenarios played. Second reason, IAF is awesome. It had less to do with the Bison itself and more to do with how our pilots used the Bison and the RVV-AE in combat. Meaning, tactics.

Also, in 2004, both IAF and USAF used early 4th gen technology. Bison could fight in those conditions. In today's world, it won't be able to keep up.

Heck, even Mirage-2000s and Gripen Cs are finding it difficult to keep up, their very air forces are their own aircraft obsolete. Forget about Bison.

vishwaprasad

Country flag
I think you missed my points above :
LCA MK-1 :

1. JHMCS = DASH
Sorry KB but JHMCS>DASH

2. AIM-9X = R-73
How many times AIM-9 has to prove itself? How many kills are on its records? We are yet see R-73 scoring a kill over some SERIOUS WESTERN FIGHTER IN ACTION...

3. AVONICS = LCA have edge when it have built in ecm suit
Request you to prove it that LCA will have superior avionics than Desert Falcon AKA F-16 Block 60

4. BVR = Eventiually it has to fire Astra and Debry..
No way Astra comes even close to AIM-120....Even Derby is inferior. Again I ask how many times AIM-120 has to prove itself? Astra is still under trials....

And besides LCA MK-1 have edge in stealth technolgy over F-16B60..
What kind of edge in stealth? Does it carry weapons internally? Does it have a larger AESA radar in the class of APG? Does it carry weapon in the class of AIM-120? Not offending but AIM-120 equipped F-16 will eat up LCA before pilot even comes to know what hit the plain....

==============================================
That is only because you think so, And let me point out you cannot win a long War ( China ) with imports, You have to have home industry to supply aircraft and other parts without any hitches, This what develop countries do..
there will not be any long war between India and China...both are wise enough to know the consequences....it will be KARGIL type of war (thanks to himalayan terrain) and India will prevail due to high quality weapons on its side, Phalcon Awacs, Rafale-MKI combo, Greenpine Radars, AH-64s and very soon NIRBHAY cruise missile......

=============================================
In due time..
KB this is what I am trying to explain Ersak that it is too early to have overconfidence in LCA against the things like Viper especially 52 and plus version....

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I wont be replying to your whole post, But few..

1. First thing is you need to know about your Own Country Product then you can go ahead to study other country products then only compare them, by reading your post it shows you dont know much about LCA to continue further discussions ..

2. You talking Media & Politicians words, Military dont see that way, enough said..

Request you to prove it that LCA will have superior avionics than Desert Falcon AKA F-16 Block 60,

No way Astra comes even close to AIM-120....Even Derby is inferior. , What kind of edge in stealth?

there will not be any long war between India and China..

Shirman

Country flag
@p2prada Sir, wanted 2 ask some questions....

the IAI AESA radar showcased in aero India 13 is looking different than the Isreal-American El/m-2052 radar which was blocked by the americans when Isreal was giving it 2 India....Well frm looking at it both the previous radar n the one showcased now looks different.Can u plz dig in the Spec n differences...

Thanks in advance...............

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles