GE F414 made in India with 100% TOT

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Is this legit? I find the Amreekunts giving us full TOT very fishy, sounds like some "sutro se pata chala hai" bullshit
Imported hot section, rest of the stuff we'd make here we likely know about already. At best it'd help us learn knowhows to improve product efficiency at best. There is no way in heaven or hell, America of all countries will impart technology that helps a future world power grow their own technology. Whether it's Jet Engines or Microprocessors or even simple metallurgy.

shade

Country flag
Imported hot section, rest of the stuff we'd make here we likely know about already. At best it'd help us learn knowhows to improve product efficiency at best. There is no way in heaven or hell, America of all countries will impart technology that helps a future world power grow their own technology. Whether it's Jet Engines or Microprocessors or even simple metallurgy.
I knew it, this is the absolute last country that'd sell us the crown jewels of jet engine tech.
btw does anyone know do they have a cap on the number of these hot-section and other parts a country can buy?

Abdus Salem killed

Should make a defence pact with them and Russia both develop millitary bases on Andaman Nicobar for 30 years with Indian help and 60 Indian 20 20 Russian and American soilder in exchange we get large amount of industries and technical know how
A good deal if someone can convince the Indian public i think they will take it

shade

Country flag
Should make a defence pact with them and Russia both develop millitary bases on Andaman Nicobar for 30 years with Indian help and 60 Indian 20 20 Russian and American soilder in exchange we get large amount of industries and technical know how
A good deal if someone can convince the Indian public i think they will take it
Oil and water don't mix.
Besides giving the Americunts bases here is signing over your sovreignity, literally only country with a US base but independent foreign policy is Turki, and even that is because of Erdogan's Swacch Turki abhiyan, cleaning up the military and civil of lovers of America.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
As if Americans will agree to that
It was always expected. The semiconductors and engine are the last technology with which they can control us. There is nothing else that we cannot do without their help. Indian government can always terminate the agreement if they pressure us too much and go for some other engine. It would be a logistical nightmare but the GE would lose so much that their CEO would asswhoop Biden in front of everyone.

Azaad

Country flag
If they start work now on an up rated M88 TF for the second tranche of Mk-1a & Mk-2 they can achieve the former in 5 years & redesigning of the latter with a new TF should take the same amount of time though the French will drain our treasury.

I suspect GoI will not precipitate matters though & wait for the end of this administration in the hope a new one comes in who's favourable to India. Though if this backfires we've had it . In the meanwhile we'd continue with 20 nos TF . It's not as if HAL is going to achieve peak production capacity in a year's time .

Anupu

Country flag
ROFL..... OH MY GOD!!!!!

Why have all the Indian def followers suddenly become Conspiracy theorists? Only one aircraft currently in production uses F404, which is Tejas (Gripen uses Volvo a different manufacturing plant). The supply chain had to be restarted for this. There are currently only 83 Tejas on orders that Hal needs to deliver at the maximum rate of 16 aircraft per year. Hal probably had an agreement for F404 with similar requirements. Hence they are also only producing at max 20 engines per year. When the DAC-approved 97 Tejas order goes through they will increase the production rate. LOL

Azaad

Country flag
ROFL..... OH MY GOD!!!!!

Why have all the Indian def followers suddenly become Conspiracy theorists? Only one aircraft currently in production uses F404, which is Tejas (Gripen uses Volvo a different manufacturing plant). The supply chain had to be restarted for this. There are currently only 83 Tejas on orders that Hal needs to deliver at the maximum rate of 16 aircraft per year. Hal probably had an agreement for F404 with similar requirements. Hence they are also only producing at max 20 engines per year. When the DAC-approved 97 Tejas order goes through they will increase the production rate. LOL
The order was placed on GE in mid 2021 (?) IIRC with deliveries to commence in 2023 probably in the 2nd half of the year. If GE had issues , it should have been communicated at least a year ago if not more. But GE didn't. Their inability to supply the TFs coincided with the Panun affair. Arguably the plan to screw us started around the time of the Ukraine war where we refused to toe the US line . Hence your argument doesn't hold water.

Anupu

Country flag
The order was placed on GE in mid 2021 (?) IIRC with deliveries to commence in 2023 probably in the 2nd half of the year. If GE had issues , it should have been communicated at least a year ago if not more. But GE didn't. Their inability to supply the TFs coincided with the Panun affair. Arguably the plan to screw us started around the time of the Ukraine war where we refused to toe the US line . Hence your argument doesn't hold water.

The first engine will be delivered this year. Supply chain issue, and considering they are restarting the production line makes sense. These contracts will have punitive clauses and HAL is not GO first that will go bankrupt.

PS: Why would GE listen to US FO and delay production, do you think American companies are so loyal to their governments? P&W sold and transferred Tech of helicopter engines to the Chinese after they were sanctioned, paid just 75 mil fine for it after getting caught.

Azaad

Country flag

The first engine will be delivered this year. Supply chain issue, and considering they are restarting the production line makes sense. These contracts will have punitive clauses and HAL is not GO first that will go bankrupt.
I don't think you've understood the problem at hand. It's not about stopping supplies of the F-404 TFs , it's about throttling their production thereby forcing India to toe whatever line the US wants us to toe. Post this the idea is to delay signing & post signing implementing the ToT for the GE - 414 TF .

Anupu

Country flag
I don't think you've understood the problem at hand. It's not about stopping supplies of the F-404 TFs , it's about throttling their production thereby forcing India to toe whatever line the US wants us to toe. Post this the idea is to delay signing & post signing implementing the ToT for the GE - 414 TF .
They can threaten the ToT sure, there is still one final approval that will be needed, but they can not delay F404 deliveries, they don't control that. The US is not China, the government genuinely can't control what it can't control. And that too Corporates, no chance. On the contrary, it's the other way around.

As for the TOT for GE414 I don't think they will stop it, the Ukraine war bogie has run its course, and they have bigger problems at hand in the Middle East. Pannu and others will slowly be sidelined. I think Pannun was more a case of a group in the US government getting pissed that India had the balls to conduct assassinations in North America.

Azaad

Country flag
They can threaten the ToT sure, there is still one final approval that will be needed, but they can not delay F404 deliveries, they don't control that. The US is not China, the government genuinely can't control what it can't control. And that too Corporates, no chance. On the contrary, it's the other way around.
What're you blabbering about man? The F-404 deliveries are already delayed. Which world are you in ?

As for the TOT for GE414 I don't think they will stop it, the Ukraine war bogie has run its course, and they have bigger problems at hand in the Middle East. Pannu and others will slowly be sidelined. I think Pannun was more a case of a group in the US government getting pissed that India had the balls to conduct assassinations in North America.
Let's get the F-404s to begin with before we go to the F-414.

mamamia12

What's the deal with 100% ToT then in the title without hot section. So except the hot section, we would be manufacturing remaining from scratch here right?. Also it is mentioned that GE will start F414 deal this year. Is this why they are delaying AMCA final approval?. Or the prototyping began for it?

Anupu

Country flag
What're you blabbering about man? The F-404 deliveries are already delayed. Which world are you in ?
Talk like a human being or I will put you on my ignore list and move on. To answer your assertion, So? The CEO clearly explained that this happened because they were restarting their production line. The first engine will be delivered starting this year. And 20 per year production is good enough for 16 aircraft per year. When more aircraft are ordered the production will go up. But no you not only insist on being rude but also hope I will indulge in your weird fantasies without any evidence except conjecture.

PS: Just to make it by weird fantasy I don't mean the American government is pressuring India. That much is pretty clear. I mean your belief that General Electric is in on it and is delaying engine delivery because of It.

Last edited:

Azaad

Country flag
Talk like a human being or I will put you on my ignore list and move on. To answer your assertion, So? The CEO clearly explained that this happened because they were restarting their production line. The first engine will be delivered starting this year. And 20 per year production is good enough for 16 aircraft per year. When more aircraft are ordered the production will go up. But no you not only insist on being rude but also hope I will indulge in your weird fantasies without any evidence except conjecture.
My apologies for the harsh language yet given your answer, I really don't see why I should apologise.

Anupu

Country flag
My apologies for the harsh language yet given your answer, I really don't see why I should apologise.
blabbering was not a good term to use. Especially considering you were not comprehending the main point I was making. Delays in GE deliveries can't be caused by American pressure. GE is a private company, not a government department. GE will do all it can to make money.

Americans use other ways of pressuring us, and they have already used them, the whole Pannun court case is one giant pressure tactic.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles