Fearing China, India pulls out of war games with US, Japan

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
I am worried about India's future with current government. Nobody knows where they want to take us.
i am confident that one day India will, at long last , finally , GET a government

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
whether to blame the decision to pullout or not im not sure but overall question again is do we have the strength - we know that anytime we do something that ccp doesnt like , they will play border incursion games - this is already an established known

so what we must have is the ability to kick them at the borders ( land or maritime ) - because if we dont have that ability, then anytime we extend ourselves, say in the SCS , they will do an incursion and the whole nation goes into panic mode

we have little choice but to secure the borders first - and how do we do that if we are lagging in MMRCA tender , delaying in LCA rollout , not having sufficient ammunition or bullets for small arms - there are so many loopholes in our system that we might not truly be qualified to participate in higher level joint exercises, not when we havent solved these basic needs ~~~~

in that sense we might be able to " understand" having to pull out - but then we must also go ALLOUT - to fix these loopholes, then the ccp's continuous threat will become a dummy - without a strong defence - we cant have an independent foreign policy - it will always have to be subservient to ccp

we have graduated from being a colony of Britain to being a colony or "understudy" of China - we are not truly an independent nation - UNTIL we solve our defence situation - and that itself is dependent on eradicating leakages and upping the economy and all that will take a long time

the only short cut i can think of is to have the guts, ( like in a sense pakistan has - as they have little other choice ) to go allout in indigenous mini-nuke, mini-neutron and radiation and missile weapons development and demonstrate that we are WILLING to use them - unlike our present policy of keeping them in storage !
i.e a suitably aggressive war doctrine which allows the use of nukes and radiation weapons that our neighbors will learn to respect ! - it seems we have not developed one - but if we have , it is again not put to USE but in the store-room !

so in short we are a victim not so much of china nor pakistan but more so of our own short-comings ! - things wont change until we address that !

Last edited:

AnantS

Country flag
somebody mentioned in BR that, first, it was US who had pulled out of joint exercise in Arunachal. if true, then this was just favor returned in kind

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
somebody mentioned in BR that, first, it was US who had pulled out of joint exercise in Arunachal. if true, then this was just favor returned in kind
Yes they pulled out of AP exercise. But then it was no reason for India to pull out if the naval exercise

AnantS

Country flag
Yes they pulled out of AP exercise. But then it was no reason for India to pull out if the naval exercise
To Understand, US pulled out of AP exercise, to pander to China sensitivities. If US does not care for Indian interests, there is no need to kowtow to US interests.

JBH22

I am worried about India's future with current government. Nobody knows where they want to take us.
Point is that they are concern about staying into power to make their amul baba PM.
India stays put or not none of their business these buggers they turn intelligence agencies for political vendetta.
The UPA govt will go into history as the worst curse on India

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I am sure you have come across the military term - a threat in being!
BHARAT RAKSHAK MONITOR- Volume 3(3)
Jasjit Singh has stated that, "Non-strategic weapons, which constitute 96% (if warheads on SLBMs are taken into account, the proportion drops to a little over 93%) of China's nuclear arsenal, even after 34 years, have relevance only for China's immediate neighbours."[21] Besides some ICBMs and IRBMs, China has deployed a large number of medium- and short-range nuclear-tipped missiles and nuclear capable aircraft in Tibet.[22] As China has already signed a de-targeting agreement with Russia and the US, it is not clear where these nuclear weapons are aimed or intended to be aimed. These deployed nuclear weapons constitute a threat in being to India.

pmaitra

India should not bite off more that it can chew.

We should start building up our military strength - yesterday (err, I mean 1962).

bose

Country flag
I can not believe it... Is this al all true ??

ELEGANT_INDIA

->I believe that's a clever move by INDIA to not participate in the trilateral drills, a drill which actually a part of US strategy to create Tensions between ASIAN GIANTS (Economic Engines of the World economy) to regain economic control.
->USA wants INDIA's support for JAPAN & S.KOREA to protect there interests in South china sea & also act as a counter balance for nuclear armed China & N.Korea.
->"Everyone salutes a Rising Sun "-- Today India consider to be a Rising Power but We have to focus first to protect our national interests in the INDIAN OCEAN & build up a strong ties with ASEAN countries to build a sustainable economy for long time journey instead of attending war drills in S.China Sea.

average american

Lets think about this, would it be better to send a message to China by not participating in these war games we are not preparing for a war with you if it becomes necessary because we are afraid of you or to partispate in the war games and be prepared for war if one happens where the USA was our allie. By all means India needs to be senstive to the feeling of China whom is occupying 30,000 sq miles of Indias territory.

Last edited:

captonjohn

Country flag
->I believe that's a clever move by INDIA to not participate in the trilateral drills, a drill which actually a part of US strategy to create Tensions between ASIAN GIANTS (Economic Engines of the World economy) to regain economic control.
->USA wants INDIA's support for JAPAN & S.KOREA to protect there interests in South china sea & also act as a counter balance for nuclear armed China & N.Korea.
->"Everyone salutes a Rising Sun "-- Today India consider to be a Rising Power but We have to focus first to protect our national interests in the INDIAN OCEAN & build up a strong ties with ASEAN countries to build a sustainable economy for long time journey instead of attending war drills in S.China Sea.
Whether you accept or not but this is reality that no two suns can stay in one sky. China would never like the raise of India that is inevitable and hence conflict in future between India and China would be a hard reality. Better we stay with USA and dominate the asia with Indian raise of power. There can be no deal between weak and powerful hence only power can handle China.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Point is that they are concern about staying into power to make their amul baba PM.
India stays put or not none of their business these buggers they turn intelligence agencies for political vendetta.
The UPA govt will go into history as the worst curse on India
hobson's choice i suppose - i vote mr n's premiership as the worst ! dont tell there were others even wor....? :tsk:

Last edited:

DivineHeretic

Country flag
hobson's choice i suppose - i vote mr n's premiership as the worst ! dont tell there were others even wor....? :tsk:
Actually, Mr M is a saint compared to I.K Gujral. It was under his orders that R&AW had to disband its CIT-X & CIT-J teams, the offensive units of RAW to conduct clandestine operations inside Pakistan.

These units had played a very important role in getting Pakistan to abandon support for Khalistan terrorists, usually by paying Pak back in the same coin. These were also the units that conducted assasinations/abductions of terrorists across the border. These units had just started counter action for Kashmir when IK Gujral came in, he ordered a stop to these units, on the grounds that they were immoral.

The subsequent clipping of RAW resulted in complete destruction of its intelligence/informant network in Pak/POK. And till now, it has not been able to ressurect itself to similar levels

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles