F-35 Joint Strike Fighter

blackjack

Country flag
SO... without a doubt the F-35 and its stealth is officially compromised. I sure hope the cubans that have the F-35 in their custody don't use mobile radars to see what the actual RCS is and share that with the chinese or russians for some cash.

Wisemarko

Country flag

If an aircraft is equipped with an ejection seat, the location of the crash site is normally proximate to where the ejected pilot lands. But there have been cases where an aircraft continued flying for hundreds of miles after the pilot ejected.

In 1989, for example, a Soviet Air Force Mikoyan MiG-23 crashed in Belgium, but that was 600 miles from where the pilot ejected over Poland. The pilot ejected after the afterburner failed and the aircraft began descending, but after his ejection the engine kept running and the aircraft continued flying on autopilot.

Cheran

Country flag
Can this be landed safetly without pilot assuming that they can establish remote control (if that is possible) of the craft?

blackjack

Country flag

this story is making it sound like the aircraft got hacked. How does a fucking aircraft disappear with the transponder off or no wireless signal of where it's at so they wouldnt have claimed it was lossed in the 1st place.

Edit: they might as well just give the F-35s to Ukraine now

Last edited:

NutCracker

Country flag
Benevolent USA Compromising their stealth coating tech once every decade.
First Blackhawk in OBL compound , now this.

NutCracker

Country flag
Remeber this ossm movie.
Luckily there are no floating tankers in troposphere.
1695152809942.png

blackjack

Country flag
damn it distance from Maine to Ukraine for the F-35 to cross the Atlantic ocean to get to ukraine is too far of a distance even with ADVENT if it went on autopilot again.

Kumata

Country flag
As per news report, they have found the crashed plane some 2 hours away from where pilot bailed out..

I am surprised that these pilots are bailing out in fine running jets and here indian pilots r trained to make recovery effort till last moment. I remember reading a Navy pilot landing a burning MIG29 in emergency situation and saving the frame...Insane!!!!!!!

Kumaoni

As per news report, they have found the crashed plane some 2 hours away from where pilot bailed out..

I am surprised that these pilots are bailing out in fine running jets and here indian pilots r trained to make recovery effort till last moment. I remember reading a Navy pilot landing a burning MIG29 in emergency situation and saving the frame...Insane!!!!!!!
WTF! This is for real? No wonder India has a high pilot fatality rate.

rkhanna

Country flag
WTF! This is for real? No wonder India has a high pilot fatality rate.
Well the Pilot fatality rate has to be done on a per 100,000 hrs basis.

That being said We have far denser population Concentration visavis America so our controlled Crashes are mandated to keep Civilian Casualties Low. Dont forget this aspect. All pilots (even Americans are trained for this) - However in America if no collateral then pilot life more important than Airframe

Indian Pilot SOPs (even to attempt the save airframe) is not Unique to us alone. The Brits and the French also do it as an example. The Americans are unique in their largess.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles