DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Willy3

Country flag
So if VC11184 going to be such important ship then a battle group must require to protect it

Karthi

Country flag
IMG_20200811_142920.jpg
IMG_20200811_144107.jpg

KCTI 120 engine can be used in Cruise Missile's , UAVs . PBS India also have similar Capabilities. We need to build land & Ship attack Airlaunched Cruise Missile based on this engines . Capabilities are there we only need imported stuffs 🙂

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
wrong k4 booster was used in ASAT
If that is true, then AD-1/2 might not even reach LEO? But PDV alone is able to reach 150 km! Maybe this won't be a two stage missile like PDV MkII, then. If so, are they trying to put multiple Kinetic Kill vehicles in AD-1/2? What is the weight and size of the Kill Vehicle of PDV?

My main question is, why do AD-1/2 weigh 7 tons!? Why use Shaurya booster to launch this?
Also, if anyone can answer, will these missiles have ultra-high burn rate propellant? (I mean in the 50-100 mm/second range).

So if VC11184 going to be such important ship then a battle group must require to protect it
This is just a test range. Not an operational system. They will deploy the system on land. No country deploys such heavy missiles for naval based BMD. The only ICBM threat from sea can be PLAN nuke submarines and that can be taken care of by BM deployment along Eastern coast.

Karthi

Country flag
OK. So it looks like AD-1 or AD-2 missile could be based on Shaurya SSM. Shaurya SSM is 6.2 tons and 10 meters long. The poster below lists SLS capability as "launching articles of up to 7 tons weight" and a loading mechanism: "highly accurate 10 meter long article guiding mechanism". Another poster on the blog (source linked below) shows diagram of the loading mechanism in action.

Shaurya SSM has a lesser throw weight at 1 ton compared to 2.5 tons for Agni-1 (both at 700 km range). Agni-1 booster used on the PDV Mk-II missile used for anti-satellite test was later confirmed capable of taking out targets upto altitudes of 1200 km. Which means AD-1/2 missile is not going to be able to fly to those altitudes. But it still might be capable of reaching lower parts of the LEO (Low Earth Orbit), thereby giving AD-1/2 missile limited ASAT capability.

The satellite pics show 4 SLS being fitted onto the DRDO ship. So maybe they plan to test out AD-1/2 missile capablities against a salvo of ICBM-trajectory mimicking missiles?

What about the radar? @porky_kicker do you know the range of that Dual Panel Long Range-MFR being installed on that ship? Is it comparable to LRTR Mk-II? Is LRTR Mk-II even operational?

Image source (for those that can't see the watermark :troll: ): http://trishul-trident.blogspot.com/2020/07/about-minfield-breeching-solutions-ship.html

_______________________________________________Slight off-topic note____________________________________
As an aside, in the Prasun Sengupta blog post I linked above, he misinterprets the posters of the company that manufactures DRDO designed missile launchers. In the last poster on SLS, three different launchers are shown. One is SLS, then Akash (possibly NG variant) and then the Tilter-cum-Launcher (ADV MkII launcher). He then proceeds to explain how SLS has a "variant" to launch the Akash NG. Earlier he calls SLS a "universal" launcher.
:yawn:
Earlier, when I used to read his blog, I thought he must have some sort of insider information or something. But looks like not only is he quite clueless, but also very poor at basic comprehension.

It happens bro especially when you process large volumes of data .me also experiences the same 🙂

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If that is true, then AD-1/2 might not even reach LEO? But PDV alone is able to reach 150 km! Maybe this won't be a two stage missile like PDV MkII, then. If so, are they trying to put multiple Kinetic Kill vehicles in AD-1/2? What is the weight and size of the Kill Vehicle of PDV?

My main question is, why do AD-1/2 weigh 7 tons!? Why use Shaurya booster to launch this?
Also, if anyone can answer, will these missiles have ultra-high burn rate propellant? (I mean in the 50-100 mm/second range).

This is just a test range. Not an operational system. They will deploy the system on land. No country deploys such heavy missiles for naval based BMD. The only ICBM threat from sea can be PLAN nuke submarines and that can be taken care of by BM deployment along Eastern coast.
well SLS will be used for launching other missiles too not just AD1 and AD2

Chinmoy

Country flag
OK. So it looks like AD-1 or AD-2 missile could be based on Shaurya SSM. Shaurya SSM is 6.2 tons and 10 meters long. The poster below lists SLS capability as "launching articles of up to 7 tons weight" and a loading mechanism: "highly accurate 10 meter long article guiding mechanism". Another poster on the blog (source linked below) shows diagram of the loading mechanism in action.

Shaurya SSM has a lesser throw weight at 1 ton compared to 2.5 tons for Agni-1 (both at 700 km range). Agni-1 booster used on the PDV Mk-II missile used for anti-satellite test was later confirmed capable of taking out targets upto altitudes of 1200 km. Which means AD-1/2 missile is not going to be able to fly to those altitudes. But it still might be capable of reaching lower parts of the LEO (Low Earth Orbit), thereby giving AD-1/2 missile limited ASAT capability.

The satellite pics show 4 SLS being fitted onto the DRDO ship. So maybe they plan to test out AD-1/2 missile capablities against a salvo of ICBM-trajectory mimicking missiles?

What about the radar? @porky_kicker do you know the range of that Dual Panel Long Range-MFR being installed on that ship? Is it comparable to LRTR Mk-II? Is LRTR Mk-II even operational?

Image source (for those that can't see the watermark :troll: ): http://trishul-trident.blogspot.com/2020/07/about-minfield-breeching-solutions-ship.html

_______________________________________________Slight off-topic note____________________________________
As an aside, in the Prasun Sengupta blog post I linked above, he misinterprets the posters of the company that manufactures DRDO designed missile launchers. In the last poster on SLS, three different launchers are shown. One is SLS, then Akash (possibly NG variant) and then the Tilter-cum-Launcher (ADV MkII launcher). He then proceeds to explain how SLS has a "variant" to launch the Akash NG. Earlier he calls SLS a "universal" launcher.
Earlier, when I used to read his blog, I thought he must have some sort of insider information or something. But looks like not only is he quite clueless, but also very poor at basic comprehension.
Reading this some old thought came in my mind. :) :) :)

Once upon a time.jpg

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
well SLS will be used for launching other missiles too not just AD1 and AD2
Primarily, it is meant to fire AD-1/2 missiles. Its got a FCR Maybe it will fire some cruise missiles or XRSAM, but hopefully, they won't weigh 7 tons. I don't see it firing 7 ton ICBM either. Pralay is lighter than 7 tons. Which other 7 ton missile fits the profile?

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
DRDO project 20 ship / DRDO technology demonstration vessel details -connecting the dots

LR-MFR ( long range multifunction radar ) and SLS ( ship launch system ) launchers for supporting the launch of AD series interceptors ( and other missiles if required ).

View attachment 56022
Guess initial launches of AD-1/AD-2 will still be land based... Any idea when will AD interceptor have its maiden lauch..

porky_kicker

Country flag

AFAIK this is the AD-2 exoatmospheric interceptor .

A4.28.40.jpg

No idea on range of LR-MFR

AFAIK LRTR-3 radar was under testing long time back , no idea on operational status. I am not sure, but LRTR-3 could be the VLRTR , DRDO has a habit of using multiple names for the same product in order to hide the development of the same. anyways one unit of VLRTR is operational.

AddText_08-11-04.50.48.jpg

LR-MFR radar functionality is more or less same as that of MFCR . It has no correlation with LRTR which is a long range search and track radar . MRCR primarily acts as a FCR.

Rest of your queries already answered in my last 3 or 4 posts.

@Gautam Sarkar AD-2

Last edited:

Tanmay

Country flag
Better sell of BSNL.. Had been to a local BSNL office in my native town to get an internet connection 3 times.. I was just made to run around without any result.. They are just too secure in their jobs to work..
Me thinks BSNL only takes a cut from Government projects and subcontracts it to privates.
No idea why it needs lakhs of employees when most of its projects are turnkey, even maintenance is ooutsourced

Two examples below

The Andaman Nicobar Optical Fibre project was actually done by Japanese firm called NEC

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), a Government of India Enterprise, and NEC Technologies India Pvt. Ltd. (NECTI) announced today that a purchase order has been placed by BSNL for NECTI to design, engineer, supply, install, test and implement an optical submarine cable system connecting Chennai and the Andaman & Nicobar Islands (A&N Islands). NEC Corp, the parent company of NECTI, will manufacture the optical submarine cable and provide technical assistance during the turnkey implementation.

https://telecom.economictimes.india...29-cr-order-from-bsnl-stock-surges-5/70758975

New Delhi, Himachal Futuristic Communications Ltd (HFCL) on Tuesday said it has bagged Rs 2,467 crore order, its largest purchase order so far, for a turnkey project from public sector telecom service provider BSNL.

"The project has an additional operations and maintenance (O&M) component of Rs 862 crore to be realised over a period of 10 years from the commissioning of the project," the company said.
Funded by the Department of Telecom (DoT), the turnkey project entails design, development, deployment and maintenance of converged nationwide IP/MPLS backbone with 219 X Access Networks and Integrated IMS based communication solutions under Network for Spectrum (NFS) programme of the Central government.

Chinmoy

Country flag
:hail: seriously bro you ended up emailing director ADE inorder to satisfy your curiosity.

The director must have got paralyzed with disbelief :sad::pound:

You are one crazy fellow :troll:

I think you was drunk on lau pani :daru: :megusta:
Not curiosity, just an idea which cropped up in my mind. There are many such mails which I've sent to DRDO on various other subjects :laugh:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles