DRDO and PSU news and discussion

Chinmoy

Country flag
View attachment 59724

So this clears doubts on whether DIRCM was ever tested with ALH or not.

Most probably IAF / IA didn't opt for it.

Let's see if IAF / IA is their usual short sightedness acquires LCH without DIRCMs. DIRCM is a must for fool proof protection of attack helicopters against manpads encountered at low altitudes especially in mountainous regions.
As per 2015 report, Mi-17V5 were the first to have received DIRCM. LCH will have these as well. As far as ALH is concerned, DIRCM is part of upgrade package.

Chinmoy

Country flag
It could work just fine if the feed system can be laid horizontally.
Yes and that needs innovative THOUGHT process to begin with, which unfortunately OFB doesn't seem to possess. They simply took the CIWS from ship and installed it as it is on a truck.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Talk by Dr. Amit Kumar, Advanced System lab, DRDO from 19:30 onwards.

Some points :

1) PDV, AD-2, Shakti to intercept missiles in their trajectory's mid course phase. AD-1 and AD-2 to intercept missiles in their trajectory's terminal phase.
2) Process of engaging incoming ballistic missiles.
3) Indian BMD elements.
4) Indian Interceptor missiles (PDV, AAD) and their comparision with other systems.
5) AD-1, AD-2
6) Talks in somewhat detail about Mission Shakti.
7) Talks about Hypersonic glide vehicles.

@sayareakd remember the point 1 which we discussed back in 2014/15 itself if I am not wrong? :cool3:

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Final iteration of AD-1 & AD-2 interceptor

View attachment 59778
The final iterations of AD-1 and AD-2 are completely different to the initial renderings .
How can the designs change such radically?

The initial ones were more like PDV variants mounted atop a solid booster. These look like all new missile rounds .

The AD-2 is our own analogy to the American GBI from Boeing. A dedicated mid phase interceptor missile.

In an interview of Dr Rao I remember him saying that a AD missile will have some capability against BGV. I can't recall whether it was AD-1 or AD-2 .

porky_kicker

Country flag
The final iterations of AD-1 and AD-2 are completely different to the initial renderings .
How can the designs change such radically?

The initial ones were more like PDV variants mounted atop a solid booster. These look like all new missile rounds .

The AD-2 is our own analogy to the American GBI from Boeing. A dedicated mid phase interceptor missile.

In an interview of Dr Rao I remember him saying that a AD missile will have some capability against BGV. I can't recall whether it was AD-1 or AD-2 .
Initial designs are almost 2 decades old , so nothing to suprised with regard to the design changes. Same happened with ASAT . Final design ended up being different.

sagar

Country flag
Is this company real?
Even I have the same question, how are they testing it. If it's a glide vehicle then it requires to reach a altitude same as current vehicles, that's what my understanding is so it should be using Agni series?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles