DRDO and PSU news and discussion

Neil

Country flag

DRDO developed 910kg (2000 pound) Air Launched Glide bomb with max range of 100km called Guruthama Its better than Israeli Spice 2000 due to longer Range. Successfully tested Repeatedly. But seems it has No Orders from IAF

Successful tests were conducted far back in 2013-2016 time frame & are dragging on till date

Looks promising

Last edited:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag

DRDO developed 910kg (2000 pound) Air Launched Glide bomb with max range of 100km called Guruthama Its better than Israeli Spice 2000 due to longer Range. Successfully tested Repeatedly. But seems it has No Orders from IAF

Successful tests were conducted far back in 2013-2016 time frame & are dragging on till date

Looks promising
i am not defending the no orders from IAF. i am big fan of home made toys.

but

IAF cannot simply order the bomb simply because DRDO have completed it. there is lot more then what it meets the eye

IAF also need to invest time and money to figure out how to integrate this bombs with all fighters in our arsenal.

we have variety of planes from different parts of the world. jags, migs, mki, mirages, rafales, tejas etc. it will take time to invest and develop software, mechanics, electronics, and solve other compatibility issues etc for each planes.

we ordered spice variant bombs because we have already integrated it with mirages and jags and sukhois. this order specially makes sense when the enemy is at the gate..

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
i came across this old news

BrahMos engineer arrested for espionage may have been a target of honeytrap

did we really lose all key technology of Brahmos to porkis? what technologies were compromised if any. does any one any idea

news says that

During this period, the agencies found that Agarwal was keeping certain secret and ultra-sensitive information on his personal computer, which violated the provisions of the OSA.

i wonder what could be ultra-sensitive information?

Last edited:

vampyrbladez

Country flag
i came across this old news

BrahMos engineer arrested for espionage may have been a target of honeytrap

did we really lose all key technology of Brahmos to porkis? what technologies were compromised if any. does any one any idea

news says that

During this period, the agencies found that Agarwal was keeping certain secret and ultra-sensitive information on his personal computer, which violated the provisions of the OSA.

i wonder what could be ultra-sensitive information?
Lauda. Pakis could go and get info from Chinese.

Anandhu Krishna

Country flag
i am not defending the no orders from IAF. i am big fan of home made toys.

but

IAF cannot simply order the bomb simply because DRDO have completed it. there is lot more then what it meets the eye

IAF also need to invest time and money to figure out how to integrate this bombs with all fighters in our arsenal.

we have variety of planes from different parts of the world. jags, migs, mki, mirages, rafales, tejas etc. it will take time to invest and develop software, mechanics, electronics, and solve other compatibility issues etc for each planes.

we ordered spice variant bombs because we have already integrated it with mirages and jags and sukhois. this order specially makes sense when the enemy is at the gate..
Yes it's much easy to use a foreign weapon especially in war time

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
This was sarcasm btw
No shit... Lol.
Drdo days it has lobl capacity.......
Though some says ia wants loal capacity,as spike
Might as well wait, unless existing inventory can be updated. LOAL ia quite important for helo-launched ATGM, maybe difference between life & death.
Just because its range is Greater does not make it better than Spice-2000... Neither Gaduda (30km) nor Garuthama (100km+) had got operation clearance.

Refining the tech is better than nak-katwana in field, remember Iron Fist 2016, when the LGB failed to recieve ques from the jet & missed.

Akula

Country flag
No shit... Lol.

Might as well wait, unless existing inventory can be updated. LOAL ia quite important for helo-launched ATGM, maybe difference between life & death.

Just because its range is Greater does not make it better than Spice-2000... Neither Gaduda (30km) nor Garuthama (100km+) had got operation clearance.

Refining the tech is better than nak-katwana in field, remember Iron Fist 2016, when the LGB failed to recieve ques from the jet & missed.
Even a R-73 missile fired from Tejas failed to hit a target.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Even a R-73 missile fired from Tejas failed to hit a target.
R-73 is shit. it has great capabilities on paper, but both R-77, R-27 are infamous for not performing in the field.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
R-73 is shit. it has great capabilities on paper, but both R-77, R-27 are infamous for not performing in the field.
Bdw when a missile is test fired agnaist a low RCS body like ...drone ...
Sometimes it misses...... if you will see most of the development trials ,and user trials of missile s it happens.......
Bdw is not same r73 downed the mighty f16
The r27 and r77 we had has 80 km range,now we have ordered new missile s with higher range....

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
No shit... Lol.

"It is very much clear that there was no pilot error or technical snag. It was probably the laser-guided kit imported from Israel that may have malfunctioned," the official said

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
the laser-guided kit imported from Israel that may have malfunctioned
Yeah. Israeli guidance kit malfunctioned so they didn't bat an eye, but if Indian ones face teething problem the their agents will have a field day in this forum only... Then imagine how much it would affect MOD's decisions!
That's what I meant by refining before operationalising.

PGHSLD-500 also has range of 30km & is obviously carry forward of the unguided(?) Garuda, wing-less version of Garuthama. Wings will come later.

Last edited:

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Yeah. Israeli guidance kit malfunctioned so they didn't bat an eye, but if Indian ones face teething problem the their agents will have a field day in this forum only... Then imagine how much it would affect MOD's decisions!

That's what I meant by refining before operationalising.
Bdw i have asked about helina to hvtiaf sir...hope he will reply positively

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles