Defexpo 2020

Kuntal

Country flag
What I understand is that -
Data link to AWACS will help the fighter pilot to get much better situational awareness. ( and directly to his MFD I guess ? ) Meaning the pilot will see through the eye of the AWACS. And this things is already operational in US what they call link 16.
Also, our western neighbor does have such capabilities as their assets are NATO based.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-M307F using Tapatalk

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What I understand is that -
Data link to AWACS will help the fighter pilot to get much better situational awareness. ( and directly to his MFD I guess ? ) Meaning the pilot will see through the eye of the AWACS. And this things is already operational in US what they call link 16.
Also, our western neighbor does have such capabilities as their assets are NATO based.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

yup that's why drdo will develop such thing under TDL programme it's in their 5 year programme(2020-2025)

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
He's saying that they have tailor made these guns for Indian Physical features.
The butt stock is adjustable and hence soldiers of any size and height can adjust it to their comfort.
Pickattniy rail throughout the gun length which isn't just attached but welded into the gun chassis for maximum accuracy.

They are testing with different Gun Barrels
So that they can provide variance in the same gun.

As said by him it's a continuously evolving project and they will work on making the gun even more efficient as time passes.

He claims accurate shot upto about 1600 m for Lapua and 1200 m for 7.62.

Emphasise on the parts where he Compares it to Dragnouv.

I want them to get orders just to spite south block. :rofl:
Insha Muruga!!! They will... ..........

rone

Country flag
Are you guys dumb or acting as one, who said IAF don't have ODL ?, some desi presitiute said we don't have odl u all sallowed it? Air Marshal it self cleared we have operational data link, at least use your common senses, with out odl why the f..k we keeping AWACS and net centric warfare doctrines?, yes in Feb 27 mig21 com's get jamed becoz it is the oldest aircraft in Indian inventory it have analogue counterpart's not digital one's, what ever new odl development going on DRDO that's for future one not a alternative for current odl, Indian jets uses Israeli spectalink and Russian counterparts, in new DRDO awcs it enabled withs SDR based data links too, also LCA mk1 also have srd link not exclusive for mk1a , any one have doubts ask hst in Twitter or just visit hal pavilion in def expo

Kuntal

Country flag
Are you guys dumb or acting as one, who said IAF don't have ODL ?, some desi presitiute said we don't have odl u all sallowed it? Air Marshal it self cleared we have operational data link, at least use your common senses, with out odl why the f..k we keeping AWACS and net centric warfare doctrines?, yes in Feb 27 mig21 com's get jamed becoz it is the oldest aircraft in Indian inventory it have analogue counterpart's not digital one's, what ever new odl development going on DRDO that's for future one not a alternative for current odl, Indian jets uses Israeli spectalink and Russian counterparts, in new DRDO awcs it enabled withs SDR based data links too, also LCA mk1 also have srd link not exclusive for mk1a , any one have doubts ask hst in Twitter or just visit hal pavilion in def expo
Thanks for the clarification. No I didn't believe what Parvin Sawheney said. But, I thought there could be interoperability issues between Phalcon and su30s as they are of different origin.

rone

Country flag
Thanks for the clarification. No I didn't believe what Parvin Sawheney said. But, I thought there could be interoperability issues between Phalcon and su30s as they are of different origin.

First the falcon and su30mki one thing in common that's its avionics earlier if am correct until 2010 the Israeli spectra link was used as data link then BEL ( yes Bharth electronics ) developed VHF/UHF radio ( al500la) data link as LRU which is common in later bacths which is also used in tejas , al500la is comparable to link 16 ( u can agree or disagree with men on this) but its high cost made its implementation only to certain category of fighter's ( as you can think which that are based on their life expectancy and cost effectiveness if they implemented) ,funny thing if google al500la vhf radio I get south African company catalog from it u can see a commercial level data link capability but its not same as bel one it's parameters I think classified, also u can't find this product in bel site but u can find a receipt of shipment of this data link ( commercial version ) to a south African comapny, also those who don't believe we don't use this data link go to ADE web site and check LCA tejas LRU list pdf

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ezsasa DEFEXPO-2022 Defence & Strategy 1248
Pandora Questions to be asked during Defexpo 2018 Defence & Strategy 11
sayareakd Defexpo 2018 Defence & Strategy 446
cobra commando Defexpo India 2016 Defence & Strategy 215